• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Historically worse offender of cupcake sched

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't come up with a good answer, so you have to stick to the same old lame criticism. When you guys play a schedule that is tough as the Gators', then you can be a critic.

Bingo. You are right. When will we be seeing you in Boise? Didn't think so.

Yeah, I get it, "go play someone tough. Just not us." We hear that a lot.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bingo. You are right. When will we be seeing you in Boise? Didn't think so.

Yeah, I get it, "go play someone tough. Just not us." We hear that a lot.

:laugh3::laugh3:

Gators traveling to Boise. Never gonna happen. Maybe they get airsickness. That must be it.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams in the SEC travel to play quality OOC games. Why won't uf? Scared.

Actually, few SEC teams travel much. 3/4 of their OOC games are at home, and most of those are against patsies. Ironically, when compared to that, Florida at least plays FSU and a rare game against someone else. But even then, the fact that Florida hasn't left the state in 23 years is more than a coincidence, it's deliberate. Indeed, when Florida lost to Syracuse clear back in 1990 or so, Foley promised that they would "never do that again." Well, he kept his word, hasn't he?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiles, you cannot claim that ACC schools are afraid to go to Boise, that's for sure. And yes, we'll take H-H with Boise or anyone else who wants to.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you say I'm in denial.

WTF does the NFL have to do with this thread? Oh wait I know, gator deflection. When is the last time uf got on a plane and played a ranked OOC game? Gonna have to take off your shoes and borrow some of your neighbors digits to come up with this one.

Come on Uman how about using that UM degree for something! Apparently, analogies are completely lost on you!

Let's do it this way, how about if Miami "sacks up" and plays a couple of ranked SEC AWAY?

In Miami's entire history, they have beaten exactly ONE RANKED SEC in away games! Again, that is ONE! What is Miami's OOC record vs Ranked SEC teams in away games? 1-16. It's 0-10 vs T10 teams. :laugh3:

Miami is 0-5 vs Bama, 0-4 vs Florida, 0-1 vs Kentucky, 0-3 vs Auburn, and 1-2 vs LSU (we'll ignore the 0-1 vs GT when they were in the SEC.

What is Miami's record vs Ranked SEC teams played in Miami in the regular season? 3-23.

Welcome to the SEC! Sack up friend!!

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiles, you cannot claim that ACC schools are afraid to go to Boise, that's for sure. And yes, we'll take H-H with Boise or anyone else who wants to.

True that. We will play both Virginia and FSU in H & H series. Oklahoma St. and Wash. St. are also on the docket. We will play Ole Miss in Atlanta next year. The Rebels, or is that the Black Bears, like their SEC brothers are too Chick Fil A, I guess, to leave the South. To me, I have no problem if a team wants one patsy game. Sure throw the small state college a bone or do a favor for that former coach who ended up there. But 3 or 4 of them? When I see someone like Alabama, the #1 team with the best coaches and the finest players playing not one but TWO FCS type schools, and then hiring a pathetic CSU team out of the MWC, the proof is in their actions. They could have played Boise or Fresno, you know, They could have done a home & home with someone, anyone. No, the Tide knew that they had everyone's attention, so they set up an OOC schedule that would be as easy as possible, no real road trips, all cupcakes at home. It's like hiring cheap hookers instead of going to the trouble to get a real date. Pay em their money, and you get an easy lay. Bama, and most SEC schools follow the "one decent team three patsies" formula.

If they insist on being such cowards, maybe the league should, like the PAC 12, go to a 9 game schedule.

Keep in mind, these are the richest teams in football playing some of the poorest. At least when Boise plays those teams, they are playing teams with somewhat similar budgets. Boise just seems able to do more with the money it has.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Come on Uman how about using that UM degree for something! Apparently, analogies are completely lost on you!

Let's do it this way, how about if Miami "sacks up" and plays a couple of ranked SEC AWAY?

In Miami's entire history, they have beaten exactly ONE RANKED SEC in away games! Again, that is ONE! What is Miami's OOC record vs Ranked SEC teams in away games? 1-16. It's 0-10 vs T10 teams. :laugh3:

Miami is 0-5 vs Bama, 0-4 vs Florida, 0-1 vs Kentucky, 0-3 vs Auburn, and 1-2 vs LSU (we'll ignore the 0-1 vs GT when they were in the SEC.

What is Miami's record vs Ranked SEC teams played in Miami in the regular season? 3-23.

Welcome to the SEC! Sack up friend!!

U R an Idiot.
Here a few of the major teams we have gone on the road to play.
84-ND(W), Mich (L)
85- OU (W)
86- uf(W), USCe(W)
87- ARK (W)
88- Mich (W), ND (L), LSU (W)
89- Wisc (W), MSU (W)
90- CAL (W), ND (L), TX Tech (W), SDSU (W)
91- PSU (W), ARK (W), AZ (W)
92- CO (W)
94- ASU (W)
97- BAY (W)
00- WASH (L)
01- PSU (W)
02- Tenn (W), uf (W)
04- HOU (W)
07- OU (L)
08- uf (L), TAMU (W)
10- OSU (L)
12- KSU (L), ND (L)

Tell me again how we don't go on the road to play quality teams?

7-1 vs the SEC in these games.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Gators traveling to Boise. Never gonna happen. Maybe they get airsickness. That must be it.

When was the last time UM traveled to Boise?:laugh3:

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
When was the last time UM traveled to Boise?:laugh3:

Went for a bowl game but not a true OOC game so it doesn't count.

When is the last time uf left the State for an OOC?

No comment on my extensive list of in your face post I see.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UF hasn't left the state of Florida for a OOC game ever since Syracuse whipped their butts about 25 years ago. AD vowed they would never do that again.

:laugh3:

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U R an Idiot.
Here a few of the major teams we have gone on the road to play.
84-ND(W), Mich (L)
85- OU (W)
86- uf(W), USCe(W)
87- ARK (W)
89- Wisc (W), MSU (W)
92- CO (W)
94- ASU (W)
97- BAY (W)
00- WASH (L)
01- PSU (W)
02- Tenn (W), uf (W)
04- HOU (W)
07- OU (L)
08- uf (L), TAMU (W)
10- OSU (L)
12- KSU (L), ND (L)

Tell me again how we don't go on the road to play quality teams?

7-1 vs the SEC in these games.

Well everyone is finding out what a UM degree is good for----toilet paper.
You made the statement
Over inflated SEC rankings.

I tried to make an analogy which was lost on you so I tried another tack. I said

You respond with this nonsense
84-ND(W), Mich (L)
85- OU (W)
86- uf(W), USCe(W)
87- ARK (W)
89- Wisc (W), MSU (W)
92- CO (W)
94- ASU (W)
97- BAY (W)
00- WASH (L)
01- PSU (W)
02- Tenn (W), uf (W)
04- HOU (W)
07- OU (L)
08- uf (L), TAMU (W)
10- OSU (L)
12- KSU (L), ND (L)

Let's start with the obvious (to everyone but you). Most of the teams ARE NOT SEC teams!!! Here are the SEC teams on your list.
86- uf(W) UF was 6-5 UNRANKED. BUT.... YOU can't count this as a UM AWAY anyway because it was played IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.
87- ARK (W) Ark was in the SWC
88- LSU (W) This is your ONE WIN vs SEC RANKED TEAMS AWAY!!!
91- ARK (W) Again, Ark was in the SWC
02- Tenn (W), uf (W) Both UT and UF were 8-5 and UNRANKED
08- uf (L) UF was 13-1. This is one of the many losses UM has to ranked SEC teams away. BUT.... AGAIN YOU can't count this as a UM AWAY anyway because it is IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.

Here is the complete list of games Miami has played as visitors vs ranked SEC teams in UM's history.

11-3-1951 At Kentucky L 0-32
11-6-1954 At Auburn L 13-14
10-10-1959 At LSU L 3-27
10-22-1960 At Auburn L 7-20
10-13-1962 At LSU L 3-17
11-10-1962 At Alabama L 3-36
10-26-1968 At Auburn L 6-31
11-13-1971 At Alabama L 3-31
11-17-1973 At Alabama L 13-43
11-12-1977 At Alabama L 0-36
11-17-1979 At Alabama L 0-30
11-19-1988 At LSU W 44-3 UM's SOLE VICTORY
9-17-1955 At Georgia Tech L 6-14 not CURRENTLY an SEC team
11-22-1952 At Florida L 6-43 IN THE STATE OF FL
11-30-1974 At Florida L 7-31
IN THE STATE OF FL
9-3-1983 At Florida L 3-28
IN THE STATE OF FL
9-6-2008 At Florida L 3-26
IN THE STATE OF FL

You like to boast about UM's AWAY schedule. UM has beaten SIX AP T10 teams in AWAY games in their HISTORY.
10-19-1985 Oklahoma

10-03-1987 FSU In FL
09-17-1988 Michigan
11-16-1991 FSU In FL
11-21-1992 Syracuse
11-05-2005 Virginia Tech

To make matters worse, Miami was an independent up to 1991 so the games vs OU and UM don't count as OOC games. After 1991, the games vs Syracuse and VT don't count as they are IN-conference games. SO that means that UM has yet to beat a single T10 team OOC away outside the state of Florida. Now you have the same sucky OOC schedule as Florida but without the strong IN-conference schedule as Florida!

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Gator, there is over a page of
:lame:
analysis to prove Mark Twain right.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."

Admit it, since you can't refute the facts presented, you are trying to discount them by statistical double talk. Fair enough, have you ever considered a career in politics?

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that. We will play both Virginia and FSU in H & H series. Oklahoma St. and Wash. St. are also on the docket. We will play Ole Miss in Atlanta next year. The Rebels, or is that the Black Bears, like their SEC brothers are too Chick Fil A, I guess, to leave the South. To me, I have no problem if a team wants one patsy game. Sure throw the small state college a bone or do a favor for that former coach who ended up there. But 3 or 4 of them? When I see someone like Alabama, the #1 team with the best coaches and the finest players playing not one but TWO FCS type schools, and then hiring a pathetic CSU team out of the MWC, the proof is in their actions. They could have played Boise or Fresno, you know, They could have done a home & home with someone, anyone. No, the Tide knew that they had everyone's attention, so they set up an OOC schedule that would be as easy as possible, no real road trips, all cupcakes at home. It's like hiring cheap hookers instead of going to the trouble to get a real date. Pay em their money, and you get an easy lay. Bama, and most SEC schools follow the "one decent team three patsies" formula.

If they insist on being such cowards, maybe the league should, like the PAC 12, go to a 9 game schedule.

Keep in mind, these are the richest teams in football playing some of the poorest. At least when Boise plays those teams, they are playing teams with somewhat similar budgets. Boise just seems able to do more with the money it has.
I'm sure VT fans would take offense to that. :lol:

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
gator,

U R An Idiot

Whenever you can post an OOC while on the road like that you have no leg to stand on.

Keep in mind the Canes own uf.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gator,

U R An Idiot

Great comeback. Your lack of spelling ability has cut me to the quick.

Whenever you can post an OOC while on the road like that you have no leg to stand on.

How about translating this into English.

Keep in mind the Canes own uf.

What's next, are you going to hold your breath and stamp your feet if I don't agree with you?

How about some numbers to back up any of your earlier posts? Hopefully, you learn MORE at UM about numbers than you did about English.

P.S. WOW!!! How could I have forgotten about your trip to Boise! The ACC certain has some premier Bowl Tie-ins. MPC Computers Bowl. I'm sure that warrants a gold star on an ACC team's resume.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay. Basically, this year, Florida sucks. Good enough for ya? LOL

And no ACC team has played in the Boise bowl since 2008. So not sure where you're going with that. Are you?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Great comeback. Your lack of spelling ability has cut me to the quick.

What's next, are you going to hold your breath and stamp your feet if I don't agree with you?

How about some numbers to back up any of your earlier posts? Hopefully, you learn MORE at UM about numbers than you did about English.

P.S. WOW!!! How could I have forgotten about your trip to Boise! The ACC certain has some premier Bowl Tie-ins. MPC Computers Bowl. I'm sure that warrants a gold star on an ACC team's resume.

Do you have anything to say about the long list of quality away games the Canes have played that I posted? Or the debunking of the Canes record you posted?

Of course not because you have no leg to stand on.

Oh and U R an idiot!

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Do you have anything to say about the long list of quality away games the Canes have played that I posted? Or the debunking of the Canes record you posted?

Oh and U R an idiot!

I'll post it again since you can't read.
Canes own the all time head to head vs the gators.
We hold the all time bowl record vs the gators.
7-1 vs the gators over the last 25+ years.
Canes have more NCs than the gators.
These records will stand for a long long time since the gators have puused out and won't play us anymore. Can't blame them they are tired of getting owned.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and U R an idiot!
In a typical display of Cane brilliance, you posted
When is the last time you left the state? When is the last time you traveled to play a quality team not from FL?

I can cherry pick too
'99 OSU, PSU
'00 @Wash
'01 @PSU, Wash
'03 Tenn
'04 @Hou
'05 Col
'07 @OU, T A&M
'08 @uf, @TA&M
'09 OU
'10 @OSU, @Pitt
'11 OSU, KSU
'12 @KSU, @ND

Would uf play any of these games? With the exception of the SEC teams we played of course.

Here is an edited version of your list.
'99 OSU, OSU was 6-6 and not a quality team, you idiot and the game was played in NJ, NOT an AWAY game that year you idiot, PSU played at MIAMI you idiot!
'00 @Wash
'01 @PSU, Wash, PSU was 5-6 NOT a quality game you idiot
'03 Tenn game played in Miami you idiot
'04 @Hou Houston was 3-8, you idiot
'05 Col Col game played in Miami, you idiot and COL was 7-6 NOT a quality team, you idiot.
'07 @OU, TA&M, A&M was 7-6 you idiot
'08 @uf, @TA&M UF game was played in Florida, you idiot, A&M was 4-8 you idiot, and A&M game was played in Miami, you idiot.
'09 OU
'10 @OSU, @Pitt
'11 OSU, KSU OSU was played in Miami, you idiot and KSU was played in Miami, you idiot.
'12 @KSU, @ND

As you can see, I CAN call you names, too. However, it doesn't add much to the conversation so I would like to ask for a truce in name calling. You may even have one final round of name calling (if you so desire) before the truce. Let's see if we can scale back the bomb throwing and have a more civil discussion, OK?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In a typical display of Cane brilliance, you posted

Here is an edited version of your list.
'99 OSU, OSU was 6-6 and not a quality team, you idiot and the game was played in NJ, NOT an AWAY game that year you idiot, PSU played at MIAMI you idiot!
'00 @Wash
'01 @PSU, Wash, PSU was 5-6 NOT a quality game you idiot
'03 Tenn game played in Miami you idiot
'04 @Hou Houston was 3-8, you idiot
'05 Col Col game played in Miami, you idiot and COL was 7-6 NOT a quality team, you idiot.
'07 @OU, TA&M, A&M was 7-6 you idiot
'08 @uf, @TA&M UF game was played in Florida, you idiot, A&M was 4-8 you idiot, and A&M game was played in Miami, you idiot.
'09 OU
'10 @OSU, @Pitt
'11 OSU, KSU OSU was played in Miami, you idiot and KSU was played in Miami, you idiot.
'12 @KSU, @ND

As you can see, I CAN call you names, too. However, it doesn't add much to the conversation so I would like to ask for a truce in name calling. You may even have one final round of name calling (if you so desire) before the truce. Let's see if we can scale back the bomb throwing and have a more civil discussion, OK?

Fair enough on the names.

I was pouring through so many games we went on the road for I admit to getting a couple mixed up.

Can you please post a list of gator OOC games ya'll traveled to. I would even accept FBS teams.