• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hill Trade?

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love what the Fins are doing in the offseason......make it or break for Tua now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They 100% need that money for Brown Jr. There's no way they were going to be able to afford him, Mahomes, Kelce, AND Hill. Kelce's cap moves up next year, but his dead cap is SUPER low, so the Chiefs can cut him at minimal risk if he ends up injured or starts lacking in productivity. I think that was the key decision to moving on from Hill. Also, Reid much like Holmgren has always employed a heavy emphasis on tight end in his system.

Chiefs should be okay, they still have one of their main weapons in Kelce, Hardman still has another year, and there's some decent wideout talent in the 2nd round this year. Given how good Mahomes and Reid are, I'm sure they'll be able to put together a decent offensive performance, although I doubt it'll keep pace with the Chargers/Broncos.
They could afford him. They didn't want to. Force-feeding a Mahomes restructure to pay a WR 30M is fucking stupid no matter who it is. Fix the defense and let's move on if that's what you want. That's a boat anchor contract for a guy going into his late 20's and early 30's.

At Hill's number, I'll take the cap space and picks unironically even if it sucks in the short term.

Melvin Ingram + 6 picks in the top 100 or so picks is a perfectly fine consolation prize. That's before the Orlando Brown extension.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They 100% need that money for Brown Jr. There's no way they were going to be able to afford him, Mahomes, Kelce, AND Hill. Kelce's cap moves up next year, but his dead cap is SUPER low, so the Chiefs can cut him at minimal risk if he ends up injured or starts lacking in productivity. I think that was the key decision to moving on from Hill. Also, Reid much like Holmgren has always employed a heavy emphasis on tight end in his system.

Chiefs should be okay, they still have one of their main weapons in Kelce, Hardman still has another year, and there's some decent wideout talent in the 2nd round this year. Given how good Mahomes and Reid are, I'm sure they'll be able to put together a decent offensive performance, although I doubt it'll keep pace with the Chargers/Broncos.
Brown Jr is almost certainly part of the equation.

Chiefs are basically trading Brown Jr and the pick package for Hill...which they kinda have to do. Agreed on your assessment that neither Miami nor KC look like huge winners right now although it does balance out the AFC a bit

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be biased but its ruining football right now. The rookie contracts are too good and the veteran contracts too awful.
Yup the cap is 208 million and between 53 players that works out to 3.9 million per slice of the pie, yet players are demanding 10,11, 12 slices to make them happy. This kind of gluttony has consequences.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could afford him. They didn't want to. Force-feeding a Mahomes restructure to pay a WR 30M is fucking stupid no matter who it is. Fix the defense and let's move on if that's what you want. That's a boat anchor contract for a guy going into his late 20's and early 30's.

At Hill's number, I'll take the cap space and picks unironically even if it sucks in the short term.

Melvin Ingram + 6 picks in the top 100 or so picks is a perfectly fine consolation prize. That's before the Orlando Brown extension.

Oh I agree... they could've worked some cap magic... but with Brown Jr. it would've put them in a Saints situation in 2 years.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not that worried about the Donks. The Chargers are another matter...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you might be underestimating the Raiders as well. Waller, Adams and Renfro are pretty damn good. And Carr is easily overlooked but I think under rated as a leader.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree... they could've worked some cap magic... but with Brown Jr. it would've put them in a Saints situation in 2 years.
Disagree because Frank Clark’s contract exists. Chiefs need inventory. If Hill is gonna ask and get Megatron money- which btw didn’t work out for the Lions- you tell him to fuck around and find out with Tua.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be underestimating the Raiders as well. Waller, Adams and Renfro are pretty damn good. And Carr is easily overlooked but I think under rated as a leader.

Fair.

I mean the Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers literally went ALL IN. Mortgaged a ton of draft picks/players/cap to all compete.

I wonder if the Chiefs are like, "Eh, Mahomes is a stud, we have him locked up long term..... fine, go ahead and duke it out. We'll still compete with a great QB, but go punch yourselves out while we block. And in 2023 get fucked."

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree because Frank Clark’s contract exists. Chiefs need inventory. If Hill is gonna ask and get Megatron money- which btw didn’t work out for the Lions- you tell him to fuck around and find out with Tua.
now THAT'S a re-signing i truly hate...

we needed to move on from Shark...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that worried about the Donks. The Chargers are another matter...

As a Chiefs fan you better be concerned about the Broncos. All they really needed was a competent QB. Something they haven't had since Manning retired. Here's how I'd rank the QB's in AFCw.

1. Money Mahomes

2. Wilson

3. Herbert

4. Carr

Denver will look like a completely different team in '22. Barring serious injuries to key players they should return to the playoffs for the first time since '15.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair.

I mean the Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers literally went ALL IN. Mortgaged a ton of draft picks/players/cap to all compete.

I wonder if the Chiefs are like, "Eh, Mahomes is a stud, we have him locked up long term..... fine, go ahead and duke it out. We'll still compete with a great QB, but go punch yourselves out while we block. And in 2023 get fucked."
Could Be You Never Know GIF by Rooster Teeth

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i'll say is the dude was a badass. that is all...

That he was.
As a Chiefs fan you better be concerned about the Broncos. All they really needed was a competent QB. Something they haven't had since Manning retired. Here's how I'd rank the QB's in AFCw.

1. Money Mahomes

2. Wilson

3. Herbert

4. Carr

Denver will look like a completely different team in '22. Barring serious injuries to key players they should return to the playoffs for the first time since '15.
Concerned sure. They were 15th in defense EPA though. They needed more than QB- and KC still has Mahomes and suddenly a lot of draft capital and cash.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Money Mahomes

2. Wilson

3. Herbert

4. Carr

lol ok i'll re-word it. I'm more worried about the Chargers than i am the Donks. but hey, they COULD be a surprise...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right. Why ruin the teams future because 25 mil per isn't enough money. Hill looks a little like Le'Veon Bell did in a way. Thinking he is the only reason for team success. Good luck with Tua trying to hit you in stride on that deep crosser.