• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hill Trade?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he was.

Concerned sure. They were 15th in defense EPA though. They needed more than QB- and KC still has Mahomes and suddenly a lot of draft capital and cash.

All I'm saying is with Wilson the Broncos are no longer a sub-.500 team. I think he's the difference for them making the playoffs.

Mahomes though. Man is he exciting to watch.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is with Wilson the Broncos are no longer a sub-.500 team. I think he's the difference for them making the playoffs.

Mahomes though. Man is he exciting to watch.
Gonna be a weird AFC- but on paper there should definitely be 3 AFCW teams in the playoffs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd unironically take Melvin Ingram + Scantling + These picks over Tyreek Hill. I don't think it's close either with the contract Hill got. People meme about boat anchor contracts, but Hill's contract demands are just not tenable. 15ish percent of the cap is Megatron territory.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, draft is pretty deep in receivers this go-round. I wanna see the whole body of work...

Sure, and the better rounded guys will go earlier. Injured guys sliding could be a good investment (Williams, Metchie) for a patient team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd unironically take Melvin Ingram + Scantling + These picks over Tyreek Hill. I don't think it's close either with the contract Hill got.
You're weirdly optimistic about this.

My worry with the picks is that Veach will use them to trade up. I think if they stay put and take chances on a bunch of players then this will work out in the long run for the Chiefs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're weirdly optimistic about this.

My worry with the picks is that Veach will use them to trade up. I think if they stay put and take chances on a bunch of players then this will work out in the long run for the Chiefs.
It's less optimism and more "I am not cratering the longterm window so I can keep Tyreek Hill"

It sucks, but the alternative is worse.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about trading away Hill?
Seeing he got 30M AAV, had to do it. Don't have to like it, but I don't think keeping him around was a legit choice longterm unless Mahomes throws a fit over it.

Would be irresponsible to handicap the team to the point you couldn't sign say a Melvin Ingram and make your roster ridiculously rigid going forward.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd unironically take Melvin Ingram + Scantling + These picks over Tyreek Hill. I don't think it's close either with the contract Hill got. People meme about boat anchor contracts, but Hill's contract demands are just not tenable. 15ish percent of the cap is Megatron territory.
It's a case of ripping the Band-Aid off, quite honestly. as you say Hill's money woulda been way too cost prohibitive. and for us we truly need to beef up on the defensive side of the ball...

hate seeing him go, but it was for the greater good...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that he's been evicted from Brown's Stadium where do you think he lands...?

That's a damn good question. Wonder if some GM's look at him as damaged goods?

Gotta remember this is the same fella that complained the home fans were too loud when the Browns had the ball last season. WTF is that!? He wasn't spewing any of that bullshit during the '20 season when the Browns went to the playoffs. But last year all of the sudden the fans are too loud?

It's like he thinks his bad play isn't his fault.

I hope he ends up in the CFL. But the Browns just can't release him. He can still play. And I don't wanna see him in Pittsburgh.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love what the Fins are doing in the offseason......make it or break for Tua now.

Accelerate that learning curve so that they can get back in the QB pool next season if needed.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's less optimism and more "I am not cratering the longterm window so I can keep Tyreek Hill"

It sucks, but the alternative is worse.
The timing on this kinda stinks, though. Signing Ward and letting go of Hill would've made me feel bit better.