• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Help in Week 9 (Byemaggedon)

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Partly thanks to you guys I'm now 6-2 and second place in my league. Losses were when Brady shit the bed in Wk 1 and when my opponent had Jameis Winston for his huge game.

Friends begged me to sign up so they had enough people, but now I kinda wanna take their money so let's keep this up.

I've got Brady, Gordon and James White on bye (plus Chargers D). Also dropped a guy for a season ending injury so have an open roster spot.

Current lineup for week 9 is:

Jarded Goff
Ty Hilton
Crabtree
Blount
Gore
Lockett
Tyler Kroft
Matt Prater (thank you Detroit for scoring only FGs this week)
Giants' D

With Funchess and Ginn Jr. on the bench. Should either of those guys start?

And then obviously it all depends on who's available in a league, but is there anyone expected to have a favorable week 9 that's worth looking at?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And might as well ask about Week 10 as well. I'm playing the guy that's winning the league.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should add that the best guys available (according to Yahoo, so not really) at QB/RB/WR are...

QB:
Hundley
Brissett
Stanton
Beathard

So, nobody.

WR/RB:
Paul Richardson
Eric Decker
Corey Davis
Marquise Lee
Jonathan Stewart
Terrance Williams
John Ross
Marquise Goodwin
Jalen Richard
D'Onta Foreman
Wayne Gallman
Josh Doctson

Dickson, Griffin, OJ Howard worth picking up at TE?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Hilton owner, I'm getting scared. Gotta roll with him though. Ginn keeps catching everything thrown his way. Too bad it was a little more. Between he and Lockett is a coin flip.

TE is a major crap shoot. I like Howard (he was getting more snaps than Brate the last three weeks, but not sure about yesterday).

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances that Zeke sits this week? And if he does is McFadden worth picking up?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances that Zeke sits this week? And if he does is McFadden worth picking up?
I think the Zeke thing has finally come to an end. Yes, definitely pick up DMC.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like DMC over Alf, and I think most of the fantasy community agrees

prob means Alf will be the guy, lol

any chance you can add both and see which one takes over?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like DMC over Alf, and I think most of the fantasy community agrees

prob means Alf will be the guy, lol

any chance you can add both and see which one takes over?
He's available. I can add him two but would need to drop a WR for roster space. Suppose Funchess is expendable.

On second thought, is there any real reason to carry two defenses after the bye weeks? I have Giants and Chargers. Chargers are on bye this week. I guess it helps a bit to switch them around based on matchups, but what would you do?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's available. I can add him two but would need to drop a WR for roster space. Suppose Funchess is expendable.

On second thought, is there any real reason to carry two defenses after the bye weeks? I have Giants and Chargers. Chargers are on bye this week. I guess it helps a bit to switch them around based on matchups, but what would you do?
The only time to carry 2 defenses is if your best D is on bye, or you are in a league of 20+ teams.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't drop Funch, he's Scam's new WR1, benji to the bills

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Goff is your QB1, since he's past his bye week, I wouldn't add another QB.
Use the roster spot for depth elsewhere.
Plus other owners might start dropping their "bye week" QB so you'll probably have better options than the rag-tag group of Hundley, Brissett, Stanton, or Beathard.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't tell if serious.

Benji to the bills - very serious, that happened

Keeping Funchess - actually I am; at the very least, you hold him for another week and see what happens with Benji gone. Especially if you already have him rostered. Could be lots of targets, as they don't really have a downfield threat or a chain mover, just a rookie slot WR that's listed as a RB for some reason that's stealing looks now. You'd think whatever entity that designates a player's position would have half a clue by now, especially after Ty Hill and Ty Mo, but they still list CMC as a RB.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Goff is your QB1, since he's past his bye week, I wouldn't add another QB.
Use the roster spot for depth elsewhere.
Plus other owners might start dropping their "bye week" QB so you'll probably have better options than the rag-tag group of Hundley, Brissett, Stanton, or Beathard.
Brady is my #1 QB but he's on a bye this week. I'm starting Goff this week and could drop him next. I'm not worried about having a backup for Brady because let's face it, if he goes down then my season is fucked.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benji to the bills - very serious, that happened

Keeping Funchess - actually I am; at the very least, you hold him for another week and see what happens with Benji gone. Especially if you already have him rostered. Could be lots of targets, as they don't really have a downfield threat or a chain mover, just a rookie slot WR that's listed as a RB for some reason that's stealing looks now. You'd think whatever entity that designates a player's position would have half a clue by now, especially after Ty Hill and Ty Mo, but they still list CMC as a RB.
I've actually dropped Funchess for now but no one has picked him up. I could drop my second defense for him, or wait to see who gets the start for Dallas (if Zeke is out) and drop the other guy. Currently I've got DMC and Alf both on the roster.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually dropped Funchess for now but no one has picked him up. I could drop my second defense for him, or wait to see who gets the start for Dallas (if Zeke is out) and drop the other guy. Currently I've got DMC and Alf both on the roster.

How many teams in the league? Rarely do you need to carry two DST.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

one of the key ingredients to fantasy success is opportunity, which Funchess should have plenty of going forward.
Again, not claiming he's all of the sudden going to put up top 10 WR #s every week, but he should get a commanding target share in that offense.

just hate to give up a 10+ target per game guy, which I think he'll be now with Benji gone, as long as he's healthy

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Ed Dickson hasn't been much of a target magnet since Olsen's injury.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real problem is TE. There are about 3 in the league that aren't totally useless in fantasy. Anyone I can add at WR/RB seems to basically be a coin flip week to week with the guys I've got, so they don't really add anything if I've gotta bench somebody.