• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IDP help

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't drop Leonard. If you want to add another linebacker I would drop someone else like one of your tight ends.
Leonard is top two linebacker. If you have soured on him I suspect you could trade for a good option within the league- but I wouldn't.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no value in keeping a LB on the bench. If he were putting up J.J. Watt fantasy numbers in his heyday - perhaps. But LB are like TE and K. You can always find 1.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no value in keeping a LB on the bench. If he were putting up J.J. Watt fantasy numbers in his heyday - perhaps. But LB are like TE and K. You can always find 1.
I guess in redrafts you may have a point, I've never had a redraft league that included IDP though so not sure. In dynasty I'd have to disagree with that point.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in redrafts you may have a point, I've never had a redraft league that included IDP though so not sure. In dynasty I'd have to disagree with that point.
My apologies. I didnt know this was dynasty. (Yes, my IDP league is a redraft.)

Still need to weight all the factors. Is a top LB raking in more than 10 fantasy points per week? If not, that is still a hard sell to hang onto a guy who might get you single digits most weeks.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still need to weight all the factors. Is a top LB raking in more than 10 fantasy points per week? If not, that is still a hard sell to hang onto a guy who might get you single digits most weeks.

nope, this one is redraft and you captured my thought process better than I did - none of the LBs are scoring more than 10-12pts unless they go bonkers, I'm just looking for one of those 10-12pt guys, cause Leonard was pretty automatic last year

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe it's a redraft league and only has only 5 man bench so stashing a IDP would be hard, but he does have a TE on his bench that could be replaced although I think now that I won't hold on to Leonard. IDP in redraft with only a 5 slots for a bench sounds really tough.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never use L. Murray with his crop of RB's unless the sky falls and cat's and dog's start dating - - then it won't matter. ... perhaps trade him to the Williams owner if he has a guy you like

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't agree on this. I have won leagues with my IDPs. A LB on the bench is normal for my teams.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so I shifted all of my IDP roster spots possible into DeVondre Campbell and Kenny Young over the last 2 weeks, including dropping Leonard for Young in the league on this thread where we only start 1 LB. There are still a ton of the top scoring LBs available, and a bunch of last year's studs that have gotten off to slow starts are also still available, so I'm not too concerned on losing Leonard as of today.

I have a rotating, end-of-bench roster spot that is currently being occupied by Ty Conklin, which I can easily use on a LB should there be a need prior to the Rams' bye. Kenny Young is logging all the snaps for the Rams, racking up a ton of tackles behind that monstrous DL, and contributing in the pass rush as well...he could be a top 5 LB this year.

Did a few moves and shook up the roster a little, had to replace Marcus Maye for my DB as well since he got hurt. According to his agent's twitter "he'll be fine right before the trade deadline.... :whistle:"

Hurts
Ekeler/Henderson/Monty/Javonte/Pollard
Diggs/Mike Williams/Woods/Fuller/Patrick (Bateman on IR)
Schultz/Conklin
Harrison Smith
Cam Heyward
Kenny Young

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any league (outside of OS) that you don't have Woods ??? Anyway, now go find yourself a QB. ...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any league (outside of OS) that you don't have Woods ??? Anyway, now go find yourself a QB. ...

Tried to get Woods in 1 redraft and Kupp in the other, of course Kupp went before Woods in my 2nd draft after i took Woods before Kupp in the first one <facepalm>

@SmokingMonkey
Good advice from an old sage.
Dump Patrick.

Hurts is QB5 overall so far, Jones, Burrow, Darnold, Goff, TeddyB are best available, so looks like I'm stuck with Hurts for now

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm personally higher on both Darnold and Burrows than Hurts. PHI just seems to have no clue or identity at this time. .... but that's just me. As I pointed out before, with your RB crew, L. Murray is kind of a wasted space.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts is QB5 overall so far
That could be misleading early in the season. Juwan Johnson is a top 10 TE overall but no one is jumping to get him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be misleading early in the season. Juwan Johnson is a top 10 TE overall but no one is jumping to get him.

I'd argue that's more true of the QBs that are available than Hurts. He had a great game against Falcons ~28pts, and followed it up with 2 more games over 20pts.

Rushing floor props him up, I said it on another thread, he looked AWFUL against DAL...still scored 20 fantasy pts though, so production >>> name value or even actually being a good QB if you don't score fantasy pts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of what's available, Darnold and Heinicke, possibly Burrow, would be only backup QBs worth it, imo, and there's three of them available right now.

I don't trust Dan Jones, Bridgewater, Goff, or Lawrence yet over a low end WR2/high end WR3 type (Patrick) in a league with 2 flex spots.

none of the others are worth discussing at this point in the season - Ryan, BigBen, JimmyG, Insert Bears QB Name, Wentz, Mac, Winston

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue that's more true of the QBs that are available than Hurts. He had a great game against Falcons ~28pts, and followed it up with 2 more games over 20pts.
Rushing floor props him up, I said it on another thread, he looked AWFUL against DAL...still scored 20 fantasy pts though, so production >>> name value or even actually being a good QB if you don't score fantasy pts
That is true cause it sure ain't from passing. ..... but that seems to be a norm these days. Jackson sucks passing but does run well to make up for it. At this point I'm just glad I don't have any Miles Sanders stock or what left of the Ravens backfield. .... they're killing them.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I must say that based upon the game thus far - - you don't need to get a QB. When I'm wrong I'll man up and say it. ...