• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawkeyes 2013-2014 BB thread

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa's going to come up short tonight. No tempo to the game. Michigan is walking the ball up controlling the tempo. Iowa just hasn't been able to string enough positives together. Refs aren't calling many fouls on Michigan because of the slow tempo.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've called more fouls on UM than on Iowa.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference in the game so far is that they are getting the loose balls and rebounds that we usually get and they're not letting White get into any sort of rhythm. I half expected. New territory for us and they are hot as hell right now.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't box out for shit in this game. How many second chances did UM get? Rebounding was pathetic. Iowa couldn't get any good 3 looks for our deep shooters and just didn't move with any flow. We had an off night and suddenly reverted to last year. Frustrating.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the loss but I am not surprised, so very tough to win on the road as we have talked about. Didn't play our game really, and they are a lot better than I think folks think they are, when you look at our losses, they are all against high quality teams. I am putting this into perspective now that I am calmed down and less frustrated...we had the team to win that one, but we didn't...this is a team that was in the national champ game last year, no shame. Still, move on and win at NW Sat to set up a showdown at home on ESPN vs MSU next Tuesday.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the loss but I am not surprised, so very tough to win on the road as we have talked about. Didn't play our game really, and they are a lot better than I think folks think they are, when you look at our losses, they are all against high quality teams. I am putting this into perspective now that I am calmed down and less frustrated...we had the team to win that one, but we didn't...this is a team that was in the national champ game last year, no shame. Still, move on and win at NW Sat to set up a showdown at home on ESPN vs MSU next Tuesday.

I'm not surprised either. It just sucks to lose when you don't do the things you CAN control. Not getting position for rebounds and doing the fundamentals sucks. We definitely didn't bust our asses going for loose balls tonight. Mich for sure is a very good team and losing to them on the road is nothing to be ashamed of.

I don't care about rankings, we'll make the NCAAs so we just need to learn, get tough and don't forget the hustle and the basics that make us good.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the comments made above regarding the game against Michigan. I was really surprised with how Iowa played last night. The second chance opportunities that Michigan had were a killer. Really surprised that Iowa allowed Michigan to walk the ball up the floor. Very bad turnovers at key points of the second half last night. Very tough to win on the road in the B1G - again - this year. Michigan played a strong non-conference schedule and are a better team than their record indicates. The rematch will be a fun game!!

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I was really impressed with was how Aaron White got pissed off and carried the team for quite a while at the end of the game. 17pts, 7 rbs, 2 stls, and 4assists. Awesome to see .

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I was really impressed with was how Aaron White got pissed off and carried the team for quite a while at the end of the game. 17pts, 7 rbs, 2 stls, and 4assists. Awesome to see .

Be nice to see him put both halves together

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opponents are trying to take White away in Iowa's transition game. Makes too much sense to do that. What I would like to see is White play as aggressive and physical as he did in the second half against Michigan while running ISOs in half court sets. Grinding with White in the post would produce great results for Iowa's offense!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice win at NW today, too many first half turnovers but that got solved, I really thought Woodbury played well today and it was his pick to get Gesell the 3 that really got the 2nd half going, Olesani came up big as well, Basabe, all the unsung guys showed up and it was a nice win. Our next 5 look pretty hard, at MSU, Illinois, OSU, Michigan and finally an easy one with Penn State...no resting in this league.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also was happy with the result, but was frustrated with the sloppy and slow first half. I was really happy with how we never really let NW climb back in and also how someone always seems to step up when we need it. Good day of rebounding and not giving the Cats second chance shots.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately though, watching the wrestling match right after it...total failure, starting with Brancale pinning #3 Gelman and Schiller dominating...but nice to see Evans and Telford break through...DSJ loss was a big hurt as well. UofI wrestling just isn't what it used to be, we never lost those types of matches.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately though, watching the wrestling match right after it...total failure, starting with Brancale pinning #3 Gelman and Schiller dominating...but nice to see Evans and Telford break through...DSJ loss was a big hurt as well. UofI wrestling just isn't what it used to be, we never lost those types of matches.

College wrestling has evolved from the days of Iowa, ISU, OK and OK St winning the NC every year. There's what, 5 B1G teams in the top 10? I think the days of us winning the NC every year are long gone. That was an entertaining meet yesterday. Even though Gilman lost, Dziewa pulled an upset on Dardenes. St John was a fish, but Evans won.

The duel would have been a crap shoot if all the favored guys would have won so the final score didn't really surprise me.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it gets no easier this Tuesday with MSU (for the record, my most hated B1G BB team) coming into CHA at 6pm. MSU coming off a home loss to Mich. Iowa needs to come out balls to the walls and hand Sparty their 2nd straight loss.

Statistically, these teams are pretty even, but playing at home, I feel pretty confident we can get it done. If Iowa truly believes they can win the B1G, then they need to win this home game.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 MSU players didn't go against UM, one with broken hand and one with a foot issue, Payne and someone else I don't recall...Hawkeyes can win this one with or without those guys, let's get that win and take over 2nd place

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 MSU players didn't go against UM, one with broken hand and one with a foot issue, Payne and someone else I don't recall...Hawkeyes can win this one with or without those guys, let's get that win and take over 2nd place

Yeah, Brandon Dawson has a broken hand. Out 4-5 weeks. Adreian Payne sounds like he'll also be sitting for this game. Bottom line....I'll take it. Together they average 27 ppg or so.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two guys have caused problems for Iowa in years past. So, I think the Hawkeyes come away with the win against MSU this week. We need to, or we'll be looking at a 3rd-5th place finish in the league this year. That is a great ending result considering what Fran inherited and is building.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect the Hawks to kick some Sparty AZZ tonight

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the basketball team watched the wrestling team...ugh, they didn't want to win this one, pathetic.