• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawkeye nation rise up!!

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how that's relevant. One conversation is about merit while the other is about who you root for . Ultimately it doesn't bother me if other B10 teams lose but I'd certainly rather have a B10 team win than lose. I think it's different if you're a fan of a "blue blood " because then you font worry about getting recruits. For a school like Iowa the league perception is important in pretty much every sport other than wrestling
I can understand that reasoning. I still say fuck the rest of the SEC. Alabama or tOSU will steal any 3-4 star recruit Iowa/Tennessee are actively pursuing, but totally understand from the payout of tourney/bowl games.

I like Juice, wildturkey, most bammers, lsu fans on here, but still hope they lose every single game.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee won the national championship in football in 1998-99.. are you 14 yrs old?

So what? Minnesota has won SIX RECOGNIZED Natl Titles in football. How many can UT claim as recognized titles?

I asked him to see him admit that his Basketball team and his Baseball team haven't won any titles, while my Gophers have won 3 of each.

So no, I am not 14. I'm old enough that my father remembers listening to the Gophers(his favorite team) win the Natl Title in football in 1940 & 1941. He was alive for the previous 3, but too young to remember them.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did ask if Tennessee has won a cfb championship? It happened after Minnesota last made it to the sweet 16.

If you ever watch a good court room TV show or movie, what is the biggest mistake an attorney can do when talking to a witness or expert on the stand???

It is to ask them a question not knowing their answer.

Right?

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ever watch a good court room TV show or movie, what is the biggest mistake an attorney can do when talking to a witness or expert on the stand???

It is to ask them a question not knowing their answer.

Right?
I understand that you're pale, slightly introverted, and overly educated, but you're digging your hole deeper against a Tennessee hillbilly when you cite Judge Judy.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how that's relevant. One conversation is about merit while the other is about who you root for . Ultimately it doesn't bother me if other B10 teams lose but I'd certainly rather have a B10 team win than lose. I think it's different if you're a fan of a "blue blood " because then you font worry about getting recruits. For a school like Iowa the league perception is important in pretty much every sport other than wrestling

Well, I think Iowa is fine with other B1G programs doing well in wrestling, too, because it makes Iowa look that much better when they can win a Title.

Last I checked late on Saturday, 4 of the Top 5 ranked teams at the NCAA Wrestling tournament and 6 of the top 9 were B1G teams. So maybe Iowa doesn't like how much harder it is to win now than it was way back in the day, but when they do it's more meaningful.

Okla St and Iowa St are still formidable as they were back then, but since then, first Minnesota got hot, then PSU, then Mizzou and Cornell and Ohio St. PSU still wins most of the time, but coming in 2nd is quite an accomplishment nowadays.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between being a conf homer and a fan who has selfish reasons for wanting his or her team's conf opponents to do well.

Winning a prestigious conf title is worth a hell of a lot more than winning some weak ass conf title.

Does winning an AAC conf title impress you? Half the time doing so doesn't even get you into the Top 25 rankings, lol.

Why would you root for a B1G team to win the championship? That only creates even more separation between that program and the Gophers, and that separation is already pretty big.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that you're pale, slightly introverted, and overly educated, but you're digging your hole deeper against a Tennessee hillbilly when you cite Judge Judy.

Pale? lol what is that supposed to mean? Are you a racist?

Introverted? WOW. Way off the mark dude. I've lived all over the country and overseas and know people and have friends all over my state, the Midwest, the country, and the world even. But hey, keep trying to figure me out, it makes for good comedy, lol.

"overly educated"?? Didn't know that anyone considered that a bad thing? lol I work for an Agriculture Company, so maybe we are not as different as you think? I fit in just fine living in Hicks, Louisiana, and Leesville. Also lived in Oklahoma and Missouri and where I live in Minnesota is for the most part, hillbilly USA. I drive tractors to the gas station and no one looks at me funny.

And I'm not citing Judge Judy, come on. You've never watched any of those classic courtroom movies where the lawyer asks that question not knowing the answer only to regret it as soon as the witness answers them? I know even hillbillies watch movies now.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?
Yes. It’s basically baseball with a lot more homeruns. Plus...

56cca67712446.image.jpg

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you root for a B1G team to win the championship? That only creates even more separation between that program and the Gophers, and that separation is already pretty big.

If not a B1G team, then it will be some other team. The separation between the Champ and my team will always be the same, whether it's a B1G team or some team from some other conf.

And as much as it will be harder to compete with say a Mich St, if they win the title this year, for recruits in the future, we'll also benefit and be better able to beat out the likes of a Cincinnati or Marquette for recruits because of no other reason than we compete in the B1G and those programs compete in weak ass conferences that rarely get teams into the tourney and that usually lose when they do(outside of Nova, of course).

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's simple dude. I asked you how many Natty's Tenn had in Football, basketball and Baseball because I knew my Gopher Wrestling team could claim more than all 3 of those Tenn programs could combined. And the Gopher Grapplers only have 3 titles. Gopher Baseball has 3 as well. As does the Gopher bb team. And the Football team has SIX recognized titles. And yes, most of them were way back, but I'm a history buff and my father is very old and got to experience most of what I missed and shared his memories with me while I was growing up. But my hockey teams satisfy my current lust for Nattys with a dozen between the two of them, in my lifetime, and all 3 Wrestling titles were in the 21st Century, too.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy claims to have lived all over, but gets his jollies from wraslin and B1G sports.

giphy.gif

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great sport. Oldest sport. Only sport endorsed by The Creator.

My guess is you couldn't last 6 minutes on the mat, even against a little old man like me, lol.

Wrestling is stupid and nobody gives a shit about it. Fuck outta here with that bulljive

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn's only Nobel Peace Prize winner, was a Gopher Wrestler. Guy is credited for saving BILLIONS of lives.