• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawkeye nation rise up!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota fan fan sucking off Iowa is glorious. For what it's worth I hope the other 3 SEC teams, in the sweet 16, lose by a hundred.

How am I sucking off Iowa? Minnesota won just as many NCAA tourney games as Iowa did.

And it took the B1G Champs to beat my team. Minnesota BEAT Iowa this year, so no need to suck off them moron.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh give me a break. All that said was that they had an outside shot of getting there. Some teams simply don't have a shot, others do. But only a few have a good shot. I didn't say Wisconsin had a good shot. But looking at their Kenpom ratings, and how they did vs high caliber opponents, yes, they had a F4 run in them. As does 2 dozen other schools.

And who was between them and the FF? A Pac team, a Virginia team who lost in the 1st round last year, an SEC team not named Kentucky or maybe a Purdue team that my Gophers beat twice.

The Virginia team that lost in the first round last year, HAD A FF run in them, too. Wanna deny that?
Yes. They lost in the round of 64.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I sucking off Iowa? Minnesota won just as many NCAA tourney games as Iowa did.

And it took the B1G Champs to beat my team. Minnesota BEAT Iowa this year, so no need to suck off them moron.
Why do you care so much about Iowa? You one of those guys who pulls for the conference?

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't know y'all only have made it to the second game twice in the past 20 years. Don't blame you for pulling for the B1G..............

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the conference my team is in to be great in every sport because it helps my team get better players . Unless you're a historically relevant program it's almost impossible to recruit well from a league seen as inferior . Look at UConn basketball if you want to see what I mean

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you care so much about Iowa? You one of those guys who pulls for the conference?

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't know y'all only have made it to the second game twice in the past 20 years. Don't blame you for pulling for the B1G..............

LMAO, you are funny, a Tennessee fan is going to try to shame me for how my men's bb team has done lately?

LOL

And of course I am a fan of the B1G Conf. Because the B1G is more than just a sports collective. I enjoy seeing how the B1G universities positively affect the entire nation and even the entire world in ways that an SEC fan is probably totally unaware of or exposed to, seeing as Minnesota all by itself has produced more Nobel Prize winners than the entire SEC collective of schools COMBINED have done. :)

But I am not a fan of the conference because my team sucks, lol, far from it.

Minnesota practically invented the sport of basketball. We've had plenty of success in men's cbb over the years, before I can remember(3 Nattys) and since then(witnessed a couple Big Ten titles, got to follow a couple NBA greats, a FF run, an Elite 8 run, and a Sweet 16 run that seemingly came out of nowhere(89)).

And I'm not a cbb only fan, so while my men's bb team struggles, I can enjoy the Wrestling team or the Men's hockey team or the women's hockey team winning back to back National Titles in all 3 sports. I've enjoyed watching our Women's bb team make a Final Four as well, and our Women's VB team make 5 of them. I even enjoy following the Women's Softball team.

And I am a fan of ancient history, so there is a ton of College Football Heritage that I can enjoy as a Gopher fan that only a handful of other schools in the country can compare to. :)

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the conference my team is in to be great in every sport because it helps my team get better players . Unless you're a historically relevant program it's almost impossible to recruit well from a league seen as inferior . Look at UConn basketball if you want to see what I mean

Same can be said about Cincy bb.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, you are funny, a Tennessee fan is going to try to shame me for how my men's bb team has done lately?

LOL

And of course I am a fan of the B1G Conf. Because the B1G is more than just a sports collective. I enjoy seeing how the B1G universities positively affect the entire nation and even the entire world in ways that an SEC fan is probably totally unaware of or exposed to, seeing as Minnesota all by itself has produced more Nobel Prize winners than the entire SEC collective of schools COMBINED have done. :)

But I am not a fan of the conference because my team sucks, lol, far from it.

Minnesota practically invented the sport of basketball. We've had plenty of success in men's cbb over the years, before I can remember(3 Nattys) and since then(witnessed a couple Big Ten titles, got to follow a couple NBA greats, a FF run, an Elite 8 run, and a Sweet 16 run that seemingly came out of nowhere(89)).

And I'm not a cbb only fan, so while my men's bb team struggles, I can enjoy the Wrestling team or the Men's hockey team or the women's hockey team winning back to back National Titles in all 3 sports. I've enjoyed watching our Women's bb team make a Final Four as well, and our Women's VB team make 5 of them. I even enjoy following the Women's Softball team.

And I am a fan of ancient history, so there is a ton of College Football Heritage that I can enjoy as a Gopher fan that only a handful of other schools in the country can compare to. :)
tl;dr

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The founders and first dynasty of the NBA were all Gopher alums. The NBA was formed in a living room here in Minnesota.

The Western Conference Title Trophy is named after a UMn alum.

The Mpls Lakers didn't just have former gophers play for them, like Bud Grant even, but they were coached by a former Gopher.

The Detroit Pistons were previously named the Zollner Pistons. Zollner owned the team, was in that living room, is in the HOF, and was named Mr NBA at the 75th Anniversary Celebration. It's his name the West Conf Trophy is named after. He was a UMn guy.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess times have changed.

What Im STILL trying to figure out ( because no one has answered me ) is why, 2 years ago the quality of your loss was the ONLY THING that mattered to SEC people yet now 2 years later we are discussing "what teams have you beat??".... OSU hasnt lost. That trumps anything a 1 loss team has done. If you argued for Bama 2 years ago then you HAVE to be on board with OSU playing in the title game this year if they end unbeaten. Period. Anything else and you are just a homer ( and not even the cool kind, youre a CONFERENCE homer.... LOL )

I wouldnt even consider LSU a part of this argument yet. Obviously LSU is unbeaten and has done the most out of all the unbeatens. I just want to know why a reamtch was such a horrible, catastrophic idea in 06 according to SEC fans, coaches and media personnel but in 2011 its just a great idea. Especially since the scenarios are so similar ( if anything Michigan would have had a better argument in 06 than Bama does this year albeit only slightly better). I men other thanjust pure monetary reasons or being a HUGE conference homer I cant see any reasonable explanation. Itd be interesting to get Urban Meyers take on this :)

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a difference between being a conf homer and a fan who has selfish reasons for wanting his or her team's conf opponents to do well.

Winning a prestigious conf title is worth a hell of a lot more than winning some weak ass conf title.

Does winning an AAC conf title impress you? Half the time doing so doesn't even get you into the Top 25 rankings, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always watch college softball. UofA has 8 titles.

Also, we no-hit them bitchez today for the sweep! @mrwallace2ku

Zona has a very proud tradition when it comes to Women's softball. I cherish when my Gophers beat Zona more than getting a 3 game sweep of any B1G team, cept Michigan.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference between being a conf homer and a fan who has selfish reasons for wanting his or her team's conf opponents to do well.

Winning a prestigious conf title is worth a hell of a lot more than winning some weak ass conf title.

Does winning an AAC conf title impress you? Half the time doing so doesn't even get you into the Top 25 rankings, lol.
Cool. So you put rules, on when to and when not to, pull for your conference.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Tenn ever won a MEN'S cbb Natl Title? A cfb title? A college baseball title?

Minnesota has won at least a dozen of those!!!

Tennessee won the national championship in football in 1998-99.. are you 14 yrs old?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how that's relevant. One conversation is about merit while the other is about who you root for . Ultimately it doesn't bother me if other B10 teams lose but I'd certainly rather have a B10 team win than lose. I think it's different if you're a fan of a "blue blood " because then you font worry about getting recruits. For a school like Iowa the league perception is important in pretty much every sport other than wrestling