• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawkeye nation rise up!!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spit out my drink when he asked you if you had ever competed in a sport.

guy is just all over the place, trying to latch onto whatever he can to give himself some sort of legitimacy in this thread

"well!...well, my school has a plethora of nobel prize winners, and so, so, so that we have that goin' for us!"

"and ya know, i'm pretty damn proud of our conference! the big10 is fantastic, lots of stuff to be proud of!"

"well, have YOUUUU ever played a sport?? because, well...in my experience, if you've never played sports, then you clearly aren't able to come to an appreciable point of view!"

"i mean, i don't know why you bring up a national title from 20 years ago, MY gophers won half a dozen trophies when your grandparents were toddlers!"

"Brock Lesnar, goddamnit! Brock Lesnar! He was a gopher, ok?!?"

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you don't give a sh1t. You probably never succeeded as an athlete, you live in a racist state and cheer for a school with a racist legacy and claim to be a hillbilly and that I am overly educated, and you cheer for a school that would be lucky to be able to claim a single Nobel Prize winner, and is having possibly the 2nd decent NCAA tournament of it's entire existence and all of a sudden you feel emboldened to talk sh1t to others?
Had an NCAA sticker on the back of my helmet. Tennessee has more Astronauts than Minnesota. Also My tractor and gas station is bigger than yours.

Condridge Holloway
Wade Houston

Am I doing this right?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, just accept it. Minnesota isn't worth a shit in the college sports that people care about: football and basketball. You over here, spouting off about nobel prizes and shit, like anyone gives a flying fuck, makes you out to be an absolute clown

HA!!! UMn's got such a deep and rich tradition and history in cfb, they were able to take 3-4 decades off and STILL can't be matched by more than a dozen or so schools.

And 2019 could be a banner year for UMn football.

New stadium, then a new Athlete's Village/Practice Fac, then a new Head coach, youngest roster in all of college football last season and then got a NEW def coor, and then finished on a 3-1 tear. We'll see if you think Minnesota isn't worth a shit in cfb in 9 months from now.

As for cbb, UMn's got such a deep and rich tradition and history in cbb, they were able to take the last 2 decades off because we have other sports. College hockey for some, pro hockey and basketball for others. Women's bb for a short time was hot. And of course the aforementioned college wrestling.

For taking off 2 decades in cbb, and having so much stripped from us, we still are pretty comparable to the likes of a Tennessee.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had an NCAA sticker on the back of my helmet. Tennessee has more Astronauts than Minnesota. Also My tractor and gas station is bigger than yours.

Condridge Holloway
Wade Houston

Am I doing this right?

Tennessee MIGHT have more astronauts numerically than Minnesota, but I'd guess Minnesota has contributed in a much more significant manner to NASA and space flight and research.

Deke Slayton was one of the original Mercury 7 guys, for starters.

Your tractor might be bigger than mine, but the Minnesota based Ag company I work that is probably run by a former UMn alum, and is the largest publicly owned Ag company in the world and owns/runs hundreds of gas stations.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guy is just all over the place, trying to latch onto whatever he can to give himself some sort of legitimacy in this thread

"well!...well, my school has a plethora of nobel prize winners, and so, so, so that we have that goin' for us!"

"and ya know, i'm pretty damn proud of our conference! the big10 is fantastic, lots of stuff to be proud of!"

"well, have YOUUUU ever played a sport?? because, well...in my experience, if you've never played sports, then you clearly aren't able to come to an appreciable point of view!"

"i mean, i don't know why you bring up a national title from 20 years ago, MY gophers won half a dozen trophies when your grandparents were toddlers!"

"Brock Lesnar, goddamnit! Brock Lesnar! He was a gopher, ok?!?"

When you go to a school like Minnesota, you can be all over the place, because you name it, UMn has probably touched it.

Who do you think helped develop the internet and computers? Not Tennessee or any other SEC school. lol

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you go to a school like Minnesota, you can be all over the place, because you name it, UMn has probably touched it.

Who do you think helped develop the internet and computers? Not Tennessee or any other SEC school. lol

who gives a shit?? again, this is a SPORTS. MESSAGE. BOARD.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Condridge Holloway
Wade Houston

Am I doing this right?

Didn't see the video the first time I read your post.

One of UMn's Nobel Prize winners, is none other than Bob Dylan. :)

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who gives a shit?? again, this is a SPORTS. MESSAGE. BOARD.

And Minnesota practically invented college basketball. Your welcome.

And Minnesota invented one of the best aspects of college sports... CHEERLEADERS!!!

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But I'd guess"

"Minnesota based Ag company I work that is probably run by a former UMn alum, and is the largest "

:spit:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But I'd guess"

"Minnesota based Ag company I work that is probably run by a former UMn alum, and is the largest "

Well, it's based in Minnesota and was founded here. Ranked #1 on the National Bank Cooperative list of mutuals and cooperatives, and Top 100 on the Fortune 500. And I say probably, because last I checked it was, but I don't check often. But who else would they hire? lol

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your team is? Fresno State?

oh, dont pay attention to those, i switch them around for shits and grins. my teams are:

-Buckeyes
-Steelers
-Reds
I also like WVU in football

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, dont pay attention to those, i switch them around for shits and grins. my teams are:

-Buckeyes
-Steelers
-Reds
I also like WVU in football

Seems kind of random? Buckeyes and Reds seem to go together, but WVU and the Steelers?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But I'd guess"

Oh dude, I had to look it up since it came up. Forgot there was a new guy who came in 2017. He's a UND and UW grad, the WORST, lol. As a hockey fan, those are my Gopher's 2 biggest rivalries, lol.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dude, I had to look it up since it came up. Forgot there was a new guy who came in 2017. He's a UND and UW grad, the WORST, lol. As a hockey fan, those are my Gopher's 2 biggest rivalries, lol.
Cool story.

Pretty much nailed it. Pale and slightly introverted.

I want rainbow and bullshit ratings from those who care about B1G's wrastlin and hawkey.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story.

Pretty much nailed it. Pale and slightly introverted.

I want rainbow and bullshit ratings from those who care about B1G's wrastlin and hawkey.

"Pale"??? Yep, I guess I pegged you right as a racist. Way to show respect to your school's heritage.

And I shouldn't expect more from a hillbilly Tennessee bumpkin.

Just so you know, there are many UMn Wrastlin types and hawkey types that are rolling in the dough right now because both sports pay good money to the better players. But I doubt a Tenn fan would know anything about that, lol.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lulz. Glad your your pale ass thinks I care about getting called a racist, for no reason. We used to call people faggots for not catching the ball in smear the queer. Then hang out later, because I'm not a snowflake who's triggered about someone else's assumption. You had the opportunity to go the same way, but instead you got upset.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lulz. Glad your your pale ass thinks I care about getting called a racist, for no reason. We used to call people faggots for not catching the ball in smear the queer. Then hang out later, because I'm not a snowflake who's triggered about someone else's assumption. You had the opportunity to go the same way, but instead you got upset.

Dude, I asked you many posts ago what you meant by "pale" and you chose not to explain.

No one I've ever met in my life uses the term to refer to people without it being an insult, and even then I've maybe heard it used maybe twice in my entire life, so it seemed like a pathetic attempt to insult me. If you meant something other than a racial meaning, by all means, explain?