• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hate to be a dick...But Whiteside is a little overrated - Just Saying

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong.

Great players impact the game to the point of winning, regardless of their teammates; they make their teammates better.

The better thing to say about KAT is "he's great for a 2nd year player," but he's not great in terms of impact like a real superstar. Minnesota has PLENTY of talent and a great coach.

Want to talk about truly great? Look at Kobe leading the Lakers to a 7 game series with the prime Suns when Kwame, Luke, and Smush were starting.

I think what you're trying to say is Tebow is a better NBA player than Whiteside.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong.

Great players impact the game to the point of winning, regardless of their teammates; they make their teammates better.

The better thing to say about KAT is "he's great for a 2nd year player," but he's not great in terms of impact like a real superstar. Minnesota has PLENTY of talent and a great coach.

Want to talk about truly great? Look at Kobe leading the Lakers to a 7 game series with the prime Suns when Kwame, Luke, and Smush were starting.

Kobe is an all-time great. There is a huge difference to the great up-and-coming players. You seem confused.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, I didn't realize Whiteside was quite this sensitive of a discussing point on this board.:L

Lmao, don't give yourself TOO much credit there, chubby cheeks...:rolleyes2:

CONTINUE to carry out Wiggy and other Cavs fans agendas as much as you like...:kissass:

none of US will judge you...:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team in the East besides miami has at least 2 guys with 6 or more rebounds per game. Every single team in the East besides Miami and Detroit have at least 3 guys averagining over 5 rebounds per game.

Miami is the only team in the East- with where their leading rebounder is the only rebounder on their team averaging at least 5 rebounds.

i didnt check the West because i assume its the same out there. Miami does not put any rebounding on the court at all besides Whiteside. Winslow is 2nd at 4.8 and he is the SF...of course Whiteside's rebounding numbers will be huge when their is absolutely zero compeition for rebounds. lol.

in Miami's defense- their PF position is simply atrocious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just one of those long running arguments.

* Please see Tristan vs. Whiteside thread.

I can see where you are coming from with your " empty stats " like Love in Minnesota theory.

But, he put up similar stats last year as well.

Time will tell if he is a #1, #2, or #3.

I think he's pretty good and has a solid skill set.
in a pace and space league- his skill set was a much better fit 20 years ago.

bigs that cant pass, cant shoot and cant guard on the perimeter carry much less value then they did 20 years ago.

In todays league- a lot of the times they are a liability-

Chris Paul runs four straight pick-and-roll plays to isolate Hassan Whiteside and expose the fact he wouldn't dare step out to defend. Doc Rivers yells "Keep doing it until they stop it, damn it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a pace and space league- his skill set was a much better fit 20 years ago.

bigs that cant pass, cant shoot and cant guard on the perimeter carry much less value then they did 20 years ago.

In todays league- a lot of the times they are a liability-

Chris Paul runs four straight pick-and-roll plays to isolate Hassan Whiteside and expose the fact he wouldn't dare step out to defend. Doc Rivers yells "Keep doing it until they stop it, damn it.

There are very few centers that can guard Chris Paul on a Pick and roll. Is it really shocking that a true C that can't stay with a PG on a switch? I'm pretty sure Chris Paul can't guard Whiteside in the post if the roles were reversed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is very few centers that can guard Chris Paul on a Pick and roll. Is it really shocking that a true C that can't stay with a PG on a switch? I'm pretty sure Chris Paul can't guard Whiteside in the post if the roles were reversed.
its def. not shocking that a true center cant guard that- especially in todays league where hand checking is out of the question and you can barely slow down guards--- and those same guards have to be stuck close to - because PG's nowadays can hit the 3 with regularity.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Heat fans posed the question of Drummond vs .Whiteside the other day.

* I think it was Turnup, if not sorry*.

Initially I scoffed.

But, after looking up stats and using the eye test, so far this year, he has a solid point.

Outside of age, what makes Drummond better?

Yes, he has a higher ceiling because he's 4 years younger.

But, currently...is he better?

This is Whitside's first Season as the man.

At the end of the year, let's revisit.
On the grand scale of this, @Mecca doesn't give a crap because her Clippers is in first place:pound:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley said it best last night - Even though he went for 20/20, you couldn't always feel his impact on the game, and at times Robin Lopez outhustled and outplayed him.

He's certainly not on the same level as KAT, AD, or Cousins, as one TNT graphic had him that night.

Just like Kevin Love in his Minnesota days, it's easy to stuff stats when you plant yourself next to the basket all game long...
Shouldn't the title of this thread read: I love being a dick, So I'm calling Whiteside over-rated?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team in the East besides miami has at least 2 guys with 6 or more rebounds per game. Every single team in the East besides Miami and Detroit have at least 3 guys averagining over 5 rebounds per game.

Miami is the only team in the East- with where their leading rebounder is the only rebounder on their team averaging at least 5 rebounds.

i didnt check the West because i assume its the same out there. Miami does not put any rebounding on the court at all besides Whiteside. Winslow is 2nd at 4.8 and he is the SF...of course Whiteside's rebounding numbers will be huge when their is absolutely zero compeition for rebounds. lol.

in Miami's defense- their PF position is simply atrocious.

Talk about reaching.

A more accurate way to evaluate it would be to factually state that other teams know our PF suck, our outside shooting is below average, so they game plan to crowd the paint and put constant pressure on Whiteside.

Despite that, he has been very productive.

Yes, we won't win that many games, but for the most part we've been very competitive.

Can one even imagine if Tristan was our C instead of Whiteside?

We'd lose by average margins of 20, would be my best guess.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is an all-time great. There is a huge difference to the great up-and-coming players. You seem confused.
When Kobe was in his prime - every coach in the league said they would give the ball to Kobe for the last shot if they had him - that's how great he was. None of these players have that respect in the league

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just occurred to me why Cane starts these threads. He must be looking for new material for his next blog. He will take everything he gets from here and present it as his own ideas

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about reaching.

A more accurate way to evaluate it would be to factually state that other teams know our PF suck, our outside shooting is below average, so they game plan to crowd the paint and put constant pressure on Whiteside.

Despite that, he has been very productive.

Yes, we won't win that many games, but for the most part we've been very competitive.

Can one even imagine if Tristan was our C instead of Whiteside?

We'd lose by average margins of 20, would be my best guess.
Well your team is rebuilding now with the loss of both Lebron and Wade and all likely Bosh is gone with this blood clots, so once you get a few more draft picks the Heat should start moving upward. The upside is that when you can draft picks several years in a row, they grow up together with really good chemistry