• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Grumble, I don't like it!" - tOfficial VTfoozball thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foozball.jpg

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Uh...I know that already. Are you trying to make a point of some sort?

If so...epic fail.

What was your point in bringing up intangibles? They are satisfied in that area with North and all the other prospects I mentioned way back in this thread( or another) or they wouldn't have offered.

As for Marcus Davis I'm pretty sure his main position in HS was something other than WR (possibly LB) and I wonder if he played WR at all.

Welker is an exception to the rule and you know it.

VT needs more players that can recruit for the school by performing well in the pros. I will get excited when I see those players commit thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh so people on here don't agree with my NFL argument but yet they enjoy watching all these awesome DBs and RBs come through VT. Hypocrites or you're disagreeing just to disagree

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dude its cinco de mayo, radford graduation, montpelier, there is boxing, MMA, and today was the freakin kentucky derby. enjoy life, we can all argue on monday!

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What was your point in bringing up intangibles? They are satisfied in that area with North and all the other prospects I mentioned way back in this thread( or another) or they wouldn't have offered.

As for Marcus Davis I'm pretty sure his main position in HS was something other than WR (possibly LB) and I wonder if he played WR at all.

VT needs more players that can recruit for the school by performing well in the pros. I will get excited when I see those players commit thanks

The point of bringing up the intangibles was to describe what the coaching staff looks for in their recruits. Check my posts in this thread...I never said anything about North not having those intangibles. What several people have tried to tell you...and you're just not getting it...is Newsome was higher on the staff's board than North.

Davis was switched from WR and played QB his last year in high school. Being such a student of the game, I thought you would already know that. Here are his stats and awards for his senior year as noted in his profile on HokieSports: "Moved to quarterback from wide receiver in the preseason of his senior year … Completed 104-of-233 passes for 1,837 yards and 20 touchdowns … Also rushed for 858 yards and 12 scores … Named first-team All-Tidewater as a quarterback by The Virginian Pilot … First-team All-Beach District."

Welker is not an exception to the rule, and you should know that. Look back through NFL history and you'll find a lot of guys who played WR at approximately the same size as Welker. Do your own homework on this one...I get tired of doing it for you.

Since the Tech Class of 1995 entered the draft, Tech has had a total of 59 players get drafted while 39 signed free agent contracts. Evidently, NFL coaching staffs seem to think Tech does a pretty good job of preparing players for the pros. Obviously, not all of the players made it, but that's true for most programs.

Here's a site you should review once in a while: Professional Hokies

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so people on here don't agree with my NFL argument but yet they enjoy watching all these awesome DBs and RBs come through VT. Hypocrites or you're disagreeing just to disagree

Why don't you review some of those DB's star rankings out of high school. Jayron and Deangelo Hall are probably the only 2 on NFL rosters that were heavily recruited.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

danny coale, josh morgan, eddie royal, justin harper, andre davis, david clowney, ernest wilford.....those are just the wr's that vt has sent to the pros...and several of those have done pretty well for themselves...but i guess none of those have helped recruiting though right? and go ahead and check the star ratings for those guys...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
danny coale, josh morgan, eddie royal, justin harper, andre davis, david clowney, ernest wilford.....those are just the wr's that vt has sent to the pros...and several of those have done pretty well for themselves...but i guess none of those have helped recruiting though right? and go ahead and check the star ratings for those guys...

How many of those have carved out impressive careers or even separated themselves from the pack a bit? Royal

It would not be hard to find a college who has a better record of WRs in the pros

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those have carved out impressive careers or even separated themselves from the pack a bit? Royal

It would not be hard to find a college who has a better record of WRs in the pros

lol....ah the ole "if you aint first you're last" mentality.....well sir...then there is no pleasing you.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know...i bet if someone gave you a million dollars...you'd find a way to gripe about it...i mean seriously

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just for fun. Since 2007, Alabama has had 4 NFL Pro Bowlers (Chris Samuels, Le'Ron McClain, Roman Harper, and DeMeco Ryans). None of those players played for Nick Saban.

During that same time, VT has had 3 NFL Pro Bowlers (DeAngelo Hall, Kam Chancellor, Michael Vick) and Chancellor played at VT during Saban's time at Alabama.

So all that talent at Alabama hasn't produced NFL success.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's add Carroll Dale and Antonio Freeman to the list of WRs who played for Tech and went to the pros.

Carroll Dale was Tech's first All-American and played 8 years for Green Bay. He was a three time Pro Bowler and a five time World Champion. He caught several key passes for the Packers in their wins in the first two Super Bowls. He is in the Packers Hall of Fame.

Antonio Freeman was a punt returner and WR for Green Bay for 8 years. He caught an 81-yard strike from Brett Favre to help defeat the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXI. He was the Packers leading receiver for four years including his 1998 Pro Bowl season in which he also led the league. He is also in the Packers Hall of Fame.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whose rule? Platitudes are as meaningless as metrics.

If everyone used your logic, the NFL would have never seen these quaterbacks:

Jeff Garcia- 1994 (undrafted)

Mark Brunell- 1993 (5th round- by Green Bay Packers)

Tony Romo- 2003 (undrafted)

Matt Hasselbeck- 1998 (6th round- by Green Bay Packers)

Joe Theismann- 1971 (4th round- by Miami Dolphins)

George Blanda- 1949 (12th round- by Chicago Bears)

Sonny Jurgensen- 1957 (4th round- by Philadelphia Eagles)

Johnny Unitas- 1955 (9th round- by Pittsburgh Steelers)

Kurt Warner- 1994 (undrafted)

Tom Brady- 2000 (6th round- by New England Patriots)

Need I list some first round cant miss draftees with great size, speed, etc that were total busts?

The point is, you keep using dumbass stats to assess candidates, and stats are only a very very small component of what makes a great football player.

What good is speed and size if you dont like getting hit? You would be surprised at how many pussies there are in top ten college football programs.

Character, team before self, ability to learn from coaches, ability to concentrate, intelligence to learn concepts, and many many other things that are extremely difficult to measure are all at least as important as size and speed.

Welker isn't an exception to a rule. He is far more typical than you imagine.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the heck is your yardstick? The NFL hall of fame?

Jeez man, get real. We are discussing high school football players. There are thousands of them. They come in all sizes and colors. Some play for state champs, and some play for small town farm schools.

Outside of GA, FL, CA, and TX, there are lots of gems hiding out there, and they dont all have the NFL in their future. Those are the heart of any college football team.

In the paqst 15 years or so, VT has done better (on the field and record wise) than ND, TX, MI, the U, and many other historical top ten schools (who routinely get two five stars, and double digit four star talent every year) in a four year cycle, those schools get 8 or so 5*, and around 40 or so 4* kids. Yet, we do better than them on the field, where it all counts.

What you fail to realize, is this: The coaches forget more shit every day about football then you or I would ever know. Its their job. They do it well. The proof is in the pudding.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Out of the top 25 or so WRs in the NFL, how many are undersized players who outperform their tools like Welker. Exactly. God you people are dense or stubborn I just can't tell which.

The QB position is a totally different position. Unless you are Vick or a blend of size and speed like Vince Young or Cam Newton then how quick or fast you are doesn't matter in the NFL because running won't be an option. Tools aren't important for a QB there. What is important is from the neck up along with having good height.

And another thing...if VT is going to continually have an O-line that is deficient in some way (which I think even you guys have to agree that this is true) then they need to have as much talent as they can at the offensive skill positions.

RB - check
QB - check
WR - uhh no

Need better WRs who can create instant mismatches against almost anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.