• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest Smokescreen of All Time or does he just not see?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Snead was on NFL Radio this morning and stated, for the record, " with the talent we have on this team at WR, we do not need to search for a #1 WR in the draft". He went on to say that the WR on the roster with the most experience is Austin Pettis with only 3 years experience and he says that the coaching staff still does not know what they have....are you serious??

Bottom line is that we need 1 more WR in the group. Someone who can stretch the field and go up and get jump balls. IMO any of Watkins,Evans or Benjamin will fill that role perfectly. I still do not think we have the best from Givens or Quick. We started to see flashes of what Tavon can do. Pettis is a bigger, stronger version of Amendola IMO which we need. But we still need a guy that teams are going to key on in practice as "the guy we need to not let beat us". That is where Snead is wrong.

Like the title says, I personally think this is a VERY elaborate smokescreen to get not only Atlanta and Cleveland but Jacksonville involved. If they think, even for a second, that we might take the 2nd best QB or Jadaveon Clowney, we will rake in another kings ransom and REALLY hit a home run with this draft.

But, if Snead REALLY believes this and we miss out on all of those top 3 WR only to end up with Donte Moncrief, Davonte Parker, Brandon Coleman and the like, then we might need to reevaluate Les..

:gaah: :scratch: :wtf2:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Watkins is a guy that can " go get it ".

He's only 6'1" and most of his receptions and yardage came from screens and 6-7 yd slant routes.

If you want a guy that can "go get it", then you need Evans- 6'5" and one of the better deep ball receivers in this draft. Gotta hope he falls to 13 though cause there is better value at other positions at #2.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are also happy with Bradford and they expect Long to be playing LT on week 1. Basically, they dont plan on drafting anyone

3325645489_1bc7d1e1f4.jpg

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather the Rams go big on getting a talented back up QB...If Sam goes down again the Rams season would be over. No matter how many WR's they draft.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather the Rams go big on getting a talented back up QB...If Sam goes down again the Rams season would be over. No matter how many WR's they draft.

what do you guys think of that kid from south carolina Connor Shaw. seems like all he does is win in the SEC and no one really talks about him. 4th rd? seems to be in that russell wilson mold

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you guys think of that kid from south carolina Connor Shaw. seems like all he does is win in the SEC and no one really talks about him. 4th rd? seems to be in that russell wilson mold

Great kid.....but does have an injury history :L

i say if he doesn't have a good combine he doesn't get drafted

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw will be around MUCH later than round 4. Not only does he have injury issues but he has attitude issues as well. The Ol Ball Coach kicked him off the team at one point. In round 4 we can look at David Fales as a backup QB. Later on in rounds 5-7 we can look at Bryn Renner from UNC, Logan Thomas from Va Tech and Stepen Morris from Miami.

As for the WR issue, I will say this about Watkins. He has a better than average wingspan for a guy his height and above average vertical leap, something that none of the Rams WR (other than Quick) really have. But I have always been a fan of Evans from the get go. I would not be upset if we got Watkins, but not if we just stay at #2.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw doesn't have Wilson speed. Not even close.

I'm going to laugh if the Rams don't go out and get more offense in this draft.

To watch another season of struggles on the offensive side of the ball, while our defense keeps us in games is literally insanity.

Just because we reached on Quick and traded up for a 5'8 slot guy, doesn't mean we shouldn't go get a definite #1 WR, especially if he's sitting there. But if the Rams try to get cute and continue to HOPE like Obama, so be their sorry asses.

If they don't they will be watching the Rams O struggle and Sammy Watkins will go off next year.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get Kelvin Benjamin; hell find a damn veteran WR to show the pups how not to fucc up every other week. Anybody for that matter..

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH! All this talk by Snead that we don't need a WR or a QB in the first round is so much smoke, we need a fire alarm to be set off. If we don't need those players what is left? Matthews? Clowney? Trade down? If these two knuckleheads trade way down and miss some excellent offensive weapons, I will personally bitch up a humongous storm and rip Fisher and Snead new ones for awhile after the draft.

I am getting this notion that these two FO geniuses are going to over-think this draft and eff it up. And if they do that we are screwed for some time to come and everything Boss429 as written about Fisher and Snead I will confirm. Damn idiots!!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksu, Shaw wasn't kicked off the team, he got the starting job as a sophomore when Stephen Garcia was kicked off the team. The kid has injury issues but is also tough as nails and the kind of guy you hate to know is standing on the other sideline in the 4th quarter.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksu, Shaw wasn't kicked off the team, he got the starting job as a sophomore when Stephen Garcia was kicked off the team. The kid has injury issues but is also tough as nails and the kind of guy you hate to know is standing on the other sideline in the 4th quarter.

Yeah I seen him play a few times this year and was impressed had something about him.

Senior signal-caller who did not participate in spring drills as he continued to recover from surgery on his left foot performed on January 4... owns a 17-3 record as a starting quarterback, including a 10-0 mark at home... named SEC Offensive Player of the Week four times in his career... only the second player in South Carolina history (joining Jeff Grantz) to pass for over 3,000 yards and rush for over 1,000 yards in a career... is the Gamecocks' all-time leader in completion rate at 66.8 percent... his 32 career touchdown passes ranks seventh in school history... ranks ninth in pass completions (300)... holds the school record for consecutive completions with 20. Not bad for playing in the sec. Undefeated at home?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are enough questions about Clowney to keep ATL and JAX (who both badly need more than 1 position) in their respective spots and hope he falls to them imo.

I don't think STL will get a windfall trade here...take the best OT off the board and come back for your WR @ 13, or worst case...look for a guy like Bryant, WR FSU at the top of the 2nd for the guy that can go get it @ 6'5".

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are enough questions about Clowney to keep ATL and JAX (who both badly need more than 1 position) in their respective spots and hope he falls to them imo.

I don't think STL will get a windfall trade here...take the best OT off the board and come back for your WR @ 13, or worst case...look for a guy like Bryant, WR FSU at the top of the 2nd for the guy that can go get it @ 6'5".

Clowney said he wants to destroy the combine.. if he does he won't fall to 6. I don't think the rams will get a huge deal but probably a first next year. Snead loves the two first rd picks every year.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksu, Shaw wasn't kicked off the team, he got the starting job as a sophomore when Stephen Garcia was kicked off the team.

True, I mixed the two of them up...

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look for a guy like Bryant, WR FSU at the top of the 2nd for the guy that can go get it @ 6'5".

Are you talking about Kelvin Benjamin ATL96Steeler?? If so, unless he falls on his ass at the combine he will not be there for our 2nd round pick... hell he might not even be there at #13. At this point, I would be happy with Watkins,Evans or Benjamin, but we MUST get one of those 3..

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree KSU. One of those 3 would be nice to add to an offense that has been struggling for years

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Snead was on NFL Radio this morning and stated, for the record, " with the talent we have on this team at WR, we do not need to search for a #1 WR in the draft". He went on to say that the WR on the roster with the most experience is Austin Pettis with only 3 years experience and he says that the coaching staff still does not know what they have....are you serious??

Bottom line is that we need 1 more WR in the group. Someone who can stretch the field and go up and get jump balls. IMO any of Watkins,Evans or Benjamin will fill that role perfectly. I still do not think we have the best from Givens or Quick. We started to see flashes of what Tavon can do. Pettis is a bigger, stronger version of Amendola IMO which we need. But we still need a guy that teams are going to key on in practice as "the guy we need to not let beat us". That is where Snead is wrong.

Like the title says, I personally think this is a VERY elaborate smokescreen to get not only Atlanta and Cleveland but Jacksonville involved. If they think, even for a second, that we might take the 2nd best QB or Jadaveon Clowney, we will rake in another kings ransom and REALLY hit a home run with this draft.

But, if Snead REALLY believes this and we miss out on all of those top 3 WR only to end up with Donte Moncrief, Davonte Parker, Brandon Coleman and the like, then we might need to reevaluate Les..

:gaah: :scratch: :wtf2:

I agree as far as the smokescrean angle is concerned. Never believe anything you hear from ANY organization prior to the draft.