• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest NBA Player of all-time

Who is your GOAT?

• Magic Johnson

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Wilt Chaimberlain

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Michael Jordan

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • someone else (please explain whom)

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't around for Magic or Wilt, but I was for Jordan. And at the time I was a fan of the Orlando Magic and could not stand Jordan.

Jordan is the Greatest of all time.

So you switch favorite teams? Lmao. I guess this isnt unexpected

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talk about how many titles a player has, it could be used a factor if the players are comparable, that's it. It is still a team sport and individual accomplishments as well as looking at every aspect of a players game has to determine this. It doesnt matter if Bill Russell went 25-0 in championships. He was an average offensive player at best in a weak decade with 8 teams, times have changed. The only players legitimately in the conversation are MJ and Lebron bc they are great offensive and defensive players and they are capable of doing everything great on the floor as well as making their players better. Magic was another player he could do this but he isnt over MJ, still top 3. Those 3 were the only legit players to be labeled as GOAT and as we stand MJ holds that throne. Lebron's titles isnt a huge factor in why he is the best BUT it most likely will be, I still think he needs a couple more. He already has the greatest championship win, maybe ever. He will most likely have to takedown one of the best teams of all-time again to get those ships while not being favored, a lot of odds to overcome.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick stat On why you cant just look at championship wins:

"Each of Lebron James' 8 NBA Finals opponents had a better net effiency than the best team MJ EVER faced."

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilt or Jordan. Tough for me to pick.

Kind of like Ice Hockey, Gretzky or Orr?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching highlights of Bill Russell during that Celts/Lakers doc

Jesus, he was a man amongst schoolgirls
Yep. You should watch some highlights of the Big "O".

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick stat On why you cant just look at championship wins:

"Each of Lebron James' 8 NBA Finals opponents had a better net effiency than the best team MJ EVER faced."
Great comment.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will always be Scal

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talk about how many titles a player has, it could be used a factor if the players are comparable, that's it. It is still a team sport and individual accomplishments as well as looking at every aspect of a players game has to determine this. It doesnt matter if Bill Russell went 25-0 in championships. He was an average offensive player at best in a weak decade with 8 teams, times have changed. The only players legitimately in the conversation are MJ and Lebron bc they are great offensive and defensive players and they are capable of doing everything great on the floor as well as making their players better. Magic was another player he could do this but he isnt over MJ, still top 3. Those 3 were the only legit players to be labeled as GOAT and as we stand MJ holds that throne. Lebron's titles isnt a huge factor in why he is the best BUT it most likely will be, I still think he needs a couple more. He already has the greatest championship win, maybe ever. He will most likely have to takedown one of the best teams of all-time again to get those ships while not being favored, a lot of odds to overcome.
Good comment, but you and I have different opinions. I have been watching Pro basketball since the mid 50's. The Big "O" is the best "all around player", I have seen. JMHO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good comment, but you and I have different opinions. I have been watching Pro basketball since the mid 50's. The Big "O" is the best "all around player", I have seen. JMHO.

Everyone forgets about him. I wont disagree with you he was an all-around great player as well I just have never heard him in coversations about GOAT. He is still a top 10 player without a doubt, you could put him in the top 5 too.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone forgets about him. I wont disagree with you he was an all-around great player as well I just have never heard him in coversations about GOAT. He is still a top 10 player without a doubt, you could put him in the top 5 too.
I think why you never hear about Oscar being in the top ten of all time, is because he wasn't a flashy player like Jordan. Oscar just got the job done. Check out his career stats.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: you have zero clue

:rolleyes2:

... Righhttt. Because putting a guy with a PATHETIC 3-5 NBA finals record (despite playing on SEVEN stacked teams in EIGHT of those finals appearance) with 3 titles deserves to be mentioned in GOAT status but not:

1. Guy with 4 titles an 3 FMVP (while 3-peating to do it)
2. A guy with 5 titles and 3 FMVP
3. A guy with 11 titles with a 11-1 Finals Record

Talk about "no clue":L:L:L

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2:

... Righhttt. Because putting a guy with a PATHETIC 3-5 NBA finals record (despite playing on SEVEN stacked teams in EIGHT of those finals appearance) with 3 titles deserves to be mentioned in GOAT status but not:

1. Guy with 4 titles an 3 FMVP (while 3-peating to do it)
2. A guy with 5 titles and 3 FMVP
3. A guy with 11 titles with a 11-1 Finals Record

Talk about "no clue":L:L:L

Whoever thought the Cleveland team we just watched in these Finals and the 2015 Finals was "stacked", should see a therapist right away

When Iman Shumpert, Richard Jefferson, Kyle Korver, Deron Williams, JR Smith and Tristan Thompson are seeing major minutes on any team, the last word that should be used to describe that roster is "stacked".........Thats without even mentioning the 2015 Finals team where Matt Dellavadova was literally the teams 2nd best scorer

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Compared to his peers, I would agree. There were very few players from that era with the combination of athletic ability and skill who would be able to play today. I am sure O would be a terrific player, but it is impossible to compare him to Modern players because of the competition he faced.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to his peers, I would agree. There were very few players from that era with the combination of athletic ability and skill who would be able to play today. I am sure O would be a terrific player, but it is impossible to compare him to Modern players because of the competition he faced.
Do you know what good players the Big "O" faced? There were some very good competition in the late 50's, 60's and 70's. You are right it is impossible to know how the players from that era, would fare with the players of today. We can only assume.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest. Player. EVER!

sdfsdffsd.png

Kiss da ring bitchez.

imagessfdsf.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what good players the Big "O" faced? There were some very good competition in the late 50's, 60's and 70's. You are right it is impossible to know how the players from that era, would fare with the players of today. We can only assume.

The average player in the 60s would have no shot at playing in the NBA today if they brought their 60s skill set with them. None. The transcendant players would surely be good, but impossible to say how good. There are some HOF caliber players from that era that would not make a team today. It is night and day in terms of talent.