• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Year, Tough Conclusion

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's how I see it. The Niners could have won yesterday but they didn't but they proved they belonged.
I am not going to be bitter about it.
In the past I have been very critical of the Niners front office and Smith.

About Smith:
He proved enough to me to be happy going forward the next few years with him as the Niners QB.

About Jed and Co.:
So far so good. I have said that a winning season and a playoff win would be the first step I wanted to see from them to know that they can be effective. The Niners had better than just a winning season and showed up for the playoffs. Now all I want to see from them to know that they are legit is to see the team sustain the momentum that they have right now.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
That's how I see it. The Niners could have won yesterday but they didn't but they proved they belonged.
I am not going to be bitter about it.
In the past I have been very critical of the Niners front office and Smith.

About Smith:
He proved enough to me to be happy going forward the next few years with him as the Niners QB.

About Jed and Co.:
So far so good. I have said that a winning season and a playoff win would be the first step I wanted to see from them to know that they can be effective. The Niners had better than just a winning season and showed up for the playoffs. Now all I want to see from them to know that they are legit is to see the team sustain the momentum that they have right now.

I agree 100%

Yes, yeserday's loss stings. It's one thing to be soundly beaten but to come so close to victory and then to have it slip out of your hands just makes it that much worse.

Before this season started I really didn't know what to expect. All I wanted was for this team to be relavent again. I can't wait until next season. Who knows how far we will go, but if this team and coaching staff can stick together I know we will once again become a prennial contender.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if you call me delusional or whatnot. But we've been upset the last nine years with how the season ended, including to a degree, this year. Most of us knew deep down all the times that we had hope in years past it was thin. This year we had no hope entering the season (for this year; for the future, yes). We finally have a good year and this loss stings. It's like the end of the world.

But after feeling terrible all last offseason, I'm not doing that again. It's just not worth it. When we were bad, it was worth it, because we had a reason to feel terrible but we were fans. What's the point of sports when it isn't to get excited about this year, next year, or the future (when we just fielded a Conference Championship)? It's just not worth being negative about it. I felt so shitty after the game that I asked myself if following a team was worth it if a fumble short of the Superbowl made me feel like we were back at square one. Was I too obsessed/involved? I had a baby this year, I graduated from law school, living in a new home, and I feel terrible? I then determined that I know this wasn't personal but it's no fun to be negative... about anything.

So if you see me posting and feel that I am too high or whatnot, it's by design and partly in truth, because you know we have a lot to build on. We have a full off-season, a great coaching staff who will learn from their experiences, a draft, and players who work hard. Here's to 2012!

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGHHH I just realized nfl films will do one of those nice videos of our season, and it I won't be able to watch it cause the ending will feel like it's taunting me. :burt:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if you call me delusional or whatnot. But we've been upset the last nine years with how the season ended, including to a degree, this year. Most of us knew deep down all the times that we had hope in years past it was thin. This year we had no hope entering the season (for this year; for the future, yes). We finally have a good year and this loss stings. It's like the end of the world.

But after feeling terrible all last offseason, I'm not doing that again. It's just not worth it. When we were bad, it was worth it, because we had a reason to feel terrible but we were fans. What's the point of sports when it isn't to get excited about this year, next year, or the future (when we just fielded a Conference Championship)? It's just not worth being negative about it. I felt so shitty after the game that I asked myself if following a team was worth it if a fumble short of the Superbowl made me feel like we were back at square one. Was I too obsessed/involved? I had a baby this year, I graduated from law school, living in a new home, and I feel terrible? I then determined that I know this wasn't personal but it's no fun to be negative... about anything.

So if you see me posting and feel that I am too high or whatnot, it's by design and partly in truth, because you know we have a lot to build on. We have a full off-season, a great coaching staff who will learn from their experiences, a draft, and players who work hard. Here's to 2012!

yea I didn't expect to get any where near this far.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It was a great season, not just good. I can't think of another team this season who didn't get blown out of a game by someone. It happened to the Saints, the Giants, and in the end the Packers. The closest to a legitimate defeat was to the Ravens at their house on 2-3 days rest, and still the score was 9-6 after 3 quarters. We lost two games at home in OT by a FG, and one by 2 points playing at a division rival's house. iow we were in most every game right up to the end. THAT is why the ending of this season was so hard to take. I would've felt better about it if we'd been routed by an obviously better team, as in the past. This year, we not only didn't get blown out by the great teams, we stayed right with them and usually beat them. It's very rare to witness such a season, with great coaching and a team unity that kept the 49ers in every game they played and I feel blessed to have witnessed it. I mean, even the '94 SB-bound 49ers were thumped by Philly 40-8. The best thing we can do now is move forward and patch up the few holes we have, so we can be a force again next season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was a great season, not just good. I can't think of another team this season who didn't get blown out of a game by someone. It happened to the Saints, the Giants, and in the end the Packers. The closest to a legitimate defeat was to the Ravens at their house on 2-3 days rest, and still the score was 9-6 after 3 quarters. We lost two games at home in OT by a FG, and one by 2 points playing at a division rival's house. iow we were in most every game right up to the end. THAT is why the ending of this season was so hard to take. I would've felt better about it if we'd been routed by an obviously better team, as in the past. This year, we not only didn't get blown out by the great teams, we stayed right with them and usually beat them. It's very rare to witness such a season, with great coaching and a team unity that kept the 49ers in every game they played and I feel blessed to have witnessed it. I mean, even the '94 SB-bound 49ers were thumped by Philly 40-8. The best thing we can do now is move forward and patch up the few holes we have, so we can be a force again next season.

seasons with great chemistry don't happen often, hopefully enough chemistry remains following free agency.