• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Spring for Revere

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 games, 35 ABs, 12 hits,.343 Let's see, 12/35 = x/550. x = 188 hits projected for 550 ABs.
________________________________________________x = 205 hits projected for 600 ABs.
:yahoo:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a leadoff guy who can get on base. I am rooting for him.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what JPop thinks when he sees Revere slapping hits all over the yard. "I use to do that"?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangraphs has Revere ranked 28th out of 30 center fielders in the majors.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Positional Power Rankings: Center Field | FanGraphs Baseball

Only B.J. Upton and and Alex Presley look to be worse in 2014.

yeah, but did you read the paragraph under the Phillies #28 ranking

Revere’s defensive value dropped off considerably as he made the switch from the American League to the National League. The foot injury may have had a factor in that as it clearly affected his stolen base production. His defense and steals are what he brings to the table as he is still in search of his first major league home run 1400 plate appearances into his major league career. He is just 25 years old, making him one of the youngest regulars on the team by 19 years.

What???? The first sentence needs more explanation to be of any value. The thing about the foot injury affecting Revere's stolen base production ---what the hell does that mean? Do they expect him not to steal bases effectively this year because they are medical experts or something? Or are they stating the obvious fact that when you miss half the season your base stealing production will be down. Lastly, who the fuck is Clete Thomas and why would he be getting 35 plate appearances on the Phillies.? I would think if anything Marlon Byrd might play in Center now and then.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but did you read the paragraph under the Phillies #28 ranking

Revere’s defensive value dropped off considerably as he made the switch from the American League to the National League. The foot injury may have had a factor in that as it clearly affected his stolen base production. His defense and steals are what he brings to the table as he is still in search of his first major league home run 1400 plate appearances into his major league career. He is just 25 years old, making him one of the youngest regulars on the team by 19 years.

What???? The first sentence needs more explanation to be of any value. The thing about the foot injury affecting Revere's stolen base production ---what the hell does that mean? Do they expect him not to steal bases effectively this year because they are medical experts or something? Or are they stating the obvious fact that when you miss half the season your base stealing production will be down. Lastly, who the fuck is Clete Thomas and why would he be getting 35 plate appearances on the Phillies.? I would think if anything Marlon Byrd might play in Center now and then.

Yeah, the change of leagues thing was pretty iffy. But aside from that, I don't really disagree with them I mean maybe you could move him up a couple of spots, but he is no higher than the 25th best center fielder in the league.

Also the last sentence was just a cheap and gay shot.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, who the fuck is Clete Thomas? I've been asking myself that for some time. He's a 30 yr old slacker OF from the DET and MN organizations with a .233 lifetime avg. These guys just keep crawling out of their holes to be with the Phillies. Can't Sandberg get a shotgun and weed them out?