• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host The Indians For Three Games September 23-25

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every negotiation starts with the team making an offer and the player making an offer and they usually end up meeting somewhere in the middle. somehow i doubt Martin or his agent expects to get an AAV of nearly 19M so i would expect they may ask for maybe an AAV around 17.5M and the Rangers start at around 13 -16M

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every negotiation starts with the team making an offer and the player making an offer and they usually end up meeting somewhere in the middle. somehow i doubt Martin or his agent expects to get an AAV of nearly 19M so i would expect they may ask for maybe an AAV around 17.5M and the Rangers start at around 13 -16M
When you talk about millions what difference is one or two make.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from CY via Jeff Wilson makes a lot more sense than what Evan said the other day and what Rosenthal reported also.

"General manager Chris Young told reports on Saturday that the Rangers might add three starters this offseason, though not necessarily on big-league deals."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from CY via Jeff Wilson makes a lot more sense than what Evan said the other day and what Rosenthal reported also.

"General manager Chris Young told reports on Saturday that the Rangers might add three starters this offseason, though not necessarily on big-league deals."
Not sure what that means but good for discussions

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what that means but good for discussions
Thinking he means AAA depth for one. Maybe a non roster move that turned into MLB contract out of ST

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking he means AAA depth for one. Maybe a non roster move that turned into MLB contract out of ST
Who do we see at AAA next year as far as prospects go?

I think Leiter stays in Frisco.

Winn, White, and Kent are most likely going to start in AAA.

I am not sure if Bradford moves up to AAA or not. Of course, if he is not protected from Rule 5, he may be on a different big league club next year.

Depending on how many big league starting pitchers are acquired, one or more of Dunning, Otto, and Ragans will be there also.

If they don't near-sightedly make him a reliever, Kyle Cody should be there as well.

If they acquire 3, then include Gray, Dunning, Otto, Ragans, Cody, Winn, White and Kent, that gives you 11 starters for the big leagues and AAA combined. I believe both AAA and AA started 2022 with 6 man rotations so 11 sounds about right.

Then you have other guys who started in AAA and AA this year who aren't considered prospects, to tap into should an injury occur in ST.

That doesn't account for the possibility of common sense prevailing and thus moving Burke back to the rotation. It also doesn't account for the real possibility of Bradford being promoted to AAA.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is not going to have a Pro Bowl any longer. Will MLB ever do away with the All Star Game as we know it?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is not going to have a Pro Bowl any longer. Will MLB ever do away with the All Star Game as we know it?
Not big on All Star game. Take it or leave it.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as we know it? Possibly. I imagine they'll keep the game and just trick it up somehow.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of the all star game. Why take a chance on getting someone injured on a game that doesn’t mean anything.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do we see at AAA next year as far as prospects go?

I think Leiter stays in Frisco.

Winn, White, and Kent are most likely going to start in AAA.

I am not sure if Bradford moves up to AAA or not. Of course, if he is not protected from Rule 5, he may be on a different big league club next year.

Depending on how many big league starting pitchers are acquired, one or more of Dunning, Otto, and Ragans will be there also.

If they don't near-sightedly make him a reliever, Kyle Cody should be there as well.

If they acquire 3, then include Gray, Dunning, Otto, Ragans, Cody, Winn, White and Kent, that gives you 11 starters for the big leagues and AAA combined. I believe both AAA and AA started 2022 with 6 man rotations so 11 sounds about right.

Then you have other guys who started in AAA and AA this year who aren't considered prospects, to tap into should an injury occur in ST.

That doesn't account for the possibility of common sense prevailing and thus moving Burke back to the rotation. It also doesn't account for the real possibility of Bradford being promoted to AAA.
And who looks to fill out the Frisco rotation? I think the following 5 guys will be there.

Leiter
Englert
Roby
Vanasco
Garcia

Maybe Bradford as well. Other than Bradford I guess guys like Weems, Nordlin, Brennan, and Krauth are possibilities.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not be surprised if they got Wash back. That would stir up interest and put fans back on the seats

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who looks to fill out the Frisco rotation? I think the following 5 guys will be there.

Leiter
Englert
Roby
Vanasco
Garcia

Maybe Bradford as well. Other than Bradford I guess guys like Weems, Nordlin, Brennan, and Krauth are possibilities.
Have to protect pitching for rule 5. Wonder what they do with Ornelas though. He is a hitting machine

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not be surprised if they got Wash back. That would stir up interest and put fans back on the seats
That would be terrible.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to protect pitching for rule 5. Wonder what they do with Ornelas though. He is a hitting machine
I don't think anyone would take him, but if they could trade him prior to the draft, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I just don't think he can be hid on a big league roster for a year.