• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host The Indians For Three Games September 23-25

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to protect pitching for rule 5.
That is why we have no room for the last two waiver claims, Garver or Howard on the roster.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would stir up interest and put fans back on the seats
There are at least a dozen more important things to judge a manager on besides interest and attendance.

Good players will bring fans back, not a bad in-gane manager.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why we have no room for the last two waiver claims, Garver or Howard on the roster.
think Plawecki is a FA at the end of the season and that Tyson Miller and Drew Strotman and Howard will be off the 40-man at the season end too. i think they keep Garver on the roster into ST and possibly thru Opening Day and up to the trade deadline

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are at least a dozen more important things to judge a manager on besides interest and attendance.

so who would you bring in

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the last firings were financially motivated

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi Weaver has an article up about Dunning's injury. It may have bothered him as early as last year.

Here are some excerpts:

“It’s actually kind of a hard question (as to when it started) because originally I thought I was having back pain,” Dunning said on Saturday. “Both my parents had back pain, like all my family has back pain. So I was thinking I just have back pain. And mainly it was after when I tried to run and I tried to do certain things like that, my back would just flare up. … I kept going to (trainer Jacob) Newburn to try to get my hips adjusted, and see if I can ease some of the pain in the back, and I ended up (realizing), ‘Man, my hip hurts.’ So then we got an MRI and it ended up (showing) a torn labrum.”

As the season progressed, Dunning says that the hip would ache during the week, but on the days when he was starting, his adrenaline was usually enough to allow him to pitch without too many issues. But on Sept. 9 against the Blue Jays, on the first pitch of the game, George Springer hit a slow roller down the third-base line, and it quickly became evident that the problem was getting worse.

“I went down and tried to cover that and it just hurt really bad,” Dunning said. “I ended up throwing the ball down the line. Kind of felt weird the rest of the game, but for the most part throughout the season, it’s always been — throughout the week, it would ache, it would hurt but I’d do everything I could to be able to get healthy for my starts. And then really after that play, it just worsened.”

Neither general manager and president of baseball operations Chris Young nor Dunning allowed the injury to serve as an excuse for what Dunning called “a bad year” last week, but the pitcher did eventually acknowledge that the pain was having a deleterious effect on his pitching mechanics.

“Really the biggest thing for me was I wasn’t able to drive down my hips, like with my legs down the mound,” he said. “And that’s something I kept trying to (do), try to create different ways and movements for me to be able to get down the mound. It’s to the point where the velocity is suffering, my movement is suffering, everything is suffering and I can’t repeat the delivery as well as I should have. And like I said, it just got to a point where it’s like, ‘Let’s knock it out, get it done and be ready for hopefully next year and come out strong.’”

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the last firings were financially motivated
I think the original Wash hiring was financially motivated. They got him at the Managerial Dollar Tree.

Wash would set the team back. There is a reason he hasn't been hired after he left here 8 years ago, a good reason.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the Yankees may DFA Ardolis Chapman. Any interest?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi Weaver has an article up about Dunning's injury. It may have bothered him as early as last year.

Here are some excerpts:

“It’s actually kind of a hard question (as to when it started) because originally I thought I was having back pain,” Dunning said on Saturday. “Both my parents had back pain, like all my family has back pain. So I was thinking I just have back pain. And mainly it was after when I tried to run and I tried to do certain things like that, my back would just flare up. … I kept going to (trainer Jacob) Newburn to try to get my hips adjusted, and see if I can ease some of the pain in the back, and I ended up (realizing), ‘Man, my hip hurts.’ So then we got an MRI and it ended up (showing) a torn labrum.”

As the season progressed, Dunning says that the hip would ache during the week, but on the days when he was starting, his adrenaline was usually enough to allow him to pitch without too many issues. But on Sept. 9 against the Blue Jays, on the first pitch of the game, George Springer hit a slow roller down the third-base line, and it quickly became evident that the problem was getting worse.

“I went down and tried to cover that and it just hurt really bad,” Dunning said. “I ended up throwing the ball down the line. Kind of felt weird the rest of the game, but for the most part throughout the season, it’s always been — throughout the week, it would ache, it would hurt but I’d do everything I could to be able to get healthy for my starts. And then really after that play, it just worsened.”

Neither general manager and president of baseball operations Chris Young nor Dunning allowed the injury to serve as an excuse for what Dunning called “a bad year” last week, but the pitcher did eventually acknowledge that the pain was having a deleterious effect on his pitching mechanics.

“Really the biggest thing for me was I wasn’t able to drive down my hips, like with my legs down the mound,” he said. “And that’s something I kept trying to (do), try to create different ways and movements for me to be able to get down the mound. It’s to the point where the velocity is suffering, my movement is suffering, everything is suffering and I can’t repeat the delivery as well as I should have. And like I said, it just got to a point where it’s like, ‘Let’s knock it out, get it done and be ready for hopefully next year and come out strong.’”
guess that makes Otto the #5 starter unless we don't sign Martin and/or a good FA starter then he might be #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the Yankees may DFA Ardolis Chapman. Any interest?
I wouldn't mind a short term deal when he is a free agent in a few weeks. Over the last 2 months he has been pretty good.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had hope for Dunning to improve next year already, but knowing he has been playing hurt makes me a lot more confident that he will. If it worked out that way I wouldn't have a problem with Dunning, Otto and Ragans all being in the rotation next year.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the original Wash hiring was financially motivated. They got him at the Managerial Dollar Tree.

Wash would set the team back. There is a reason he hasn't been hired after he left here 8 years ago, a good reason.
Is it his checkered past?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind a short term deal when he is a free agent in a few weeks. Over the last 2 months he has been pretty good.
A 2.13 ERA and a BA against of .125.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking he means AAA depth for one. Maybe a non roster move that turned into MLB contract out of ST
seeing a very crowded AAA & AA. with Owen White, Cole Winn, Zak Kent, Cody Bradford, Cole Ragans, possibly Dane Dunning (for a while to recover from surgery} and maybe even Brock Burke (to stretch him out) in AAA. and with Cody, Leither, Weems, Kelly, Brennon, Roby, Vanasco, Englert & maybe even Rocker available for AA. i just can't see wasting anything but non-roster

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this information on sports-health.com:

Generally a person who has undergone arthroscopic hip surgery can return to moderate activity, such as jogging, after 3 months, although some people may be required to wait longer. For high hip intensity sports, such as ballet, football, rowing, and lacrosse, a 5 to 6-month timeframe for recovery is typical following hip arthroscopy. This time frame is dependent on many factors, such as the type of surgery performed, the person’s fitness level, and the sport itself.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up on Lars Nootbaar.
I was hoping the Rangers would trade for him during the off-season