• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Colorado for Two Games August 23-24

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until a few weeks ago the Rangers and most everyone else in the business considered guys like Jung, Foscue, Smith, Duran, and Harris as far and away better prospects than Leody. I still see it that way.
Hard to say until they have done something at the big league level. And there is not going to be a place for all of these players especially Foscue.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say until they have done something at the big league level. And there is not going to be a place for all of these players especially Foscue.
There is probably no way to wait until they have proven themselves at the big league level. We may not know for sure about them for another year or two of them playing on a regular basis. Although, Taveras should be a lot closer to that point than either of the others. He has had over 500 Plate Appearances in the big leagues already, along with his 2700 in the minors.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has not hit the ball very well lately. It seems like a lot of guys who get sent back to the minors often go into prolonged slumps when they go back. I guess it is pretty depressing to get a taste of the big leagues and then have to go back to the minors.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has not hit the ball very well lately. It seems like a lot of guys who get sent back to the minors often go into prolonged slumps when they go back. I guess it is pretty depressing to get a taste of the big leagues and then have to go back to the minors.
Or maybe it’s just who he is, Gallo 2.0. Good for the light tower HR’s but lots of k’s and not a lot else.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it’s just who he is, Gallo 2.0. Good for the light tower HR’s but lots of k’s and not a lot else.
I am talking about guys who do well in the minors, then come up, and then go back down and do worse after they go down. It isn't just Huff. I have noticed it with several different players over the years.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about guys who do well in the minors, then come up, and then go back down and do worse after they go down. It isn't just Huff. I have noticed it with several different players over the years.

Guys come up and go down all the time. I dont understand exactly what you are getting at or your point. Guess it could just be an observation but if you are saying the Rangers are mishandling prospects when they bring them up and dont give them enough PT to succeed, I think we could all agree to an extent that the Rangers haven't always handled guys, the we think they should have been.

If a guy cant handle being sent down and it gets in his head then I dont see them being very successful at baseball, over the long haul.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys come up and go down all the time. I dont understand exactly what you are getting at or your point. Guess it could just be an observation but if you are saying the Rangers are mishandling prospects when they bring them up and dont give them enough PT to succeed, I think we could all agree to an extent that the Rangers haven't always handled guys, the we think they should have been.

If a guy cant handle being sent down and it gets in his head then I dont see them being very successful at baseball, over the long haul.
Well, I thought I was being pretty plain in what I said. I have noticed that there have been several times when a guy is sent back down that they go into slumps when they go back down. Not everyone, but enough to make me notice that it does happen.

I think what a player is going through in life often affects them on the field. There is such a huge difference in the life of a minor leaguer compared to a major leaguer that it would be enough to affect some guys.

I am sure some guys handle it better than others just like in every other walk of life.

Just look at the comments on this board. Some fans handle their team's bad play better than other fans. We have guys who haven't shown back up on here since the Rangers started losing, guys who used to post the most. They are gone because they couldn't stand to read the comments unless everyone was on board with how great the team was. Lol. If we ever get back to being good they might even come back.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I thought I was being pretty plain in what I said. I have noticed that there have been several times when a guy is sent back down that they go into slumps when they go back down. Not everyone, but enough to make me notice that it does happen.

I think what a player is going through in life often affects them on the field. There is such a huge difference in the life of a minor leaguer compared to a major leaguer that it would be enough to affect some guys.

I am sure some guys handle it better than others just like in every other walk of life.

Just look at the comments on this board. Some fans handle their team's bad play better than other fans. We have guys who haven't shown back up on here since the Rangers started losing, guys who used to post the most. They are gone because they couldn't stand to read the comments unless everyone was on board with how great the team was. Lol. If we ever get back to being good they might even come back.

I will appreciate the guys that have been around all along, even if all they have down is bitch the last 6 years, more than those that show up only when things are good.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the number of variables associated with someone becoming a quality MLB player is why I have never been able to get too invested in prospects and the process.
It is easy to overvalue prospects even over a not so pretty face like Lowe, right?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will appreciate the guys that have been around all along, even if all they have down is bitch the last 6 years, more than those that show up only when things are good.
Some show up when ponies and roosters are the subject. lol

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CF Eli White might become expendable since we have Bubba who is a better base runner all things else close to equal
If Eli shows he can hit as much if not a bit more than Miller they will keep him instead, better defense and base running to boot... :nod:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3CD6E4CE-B477-4810-BA05-C4E96675D908.jpeg

I was a big fan of trying to acquire Lars Nootbaar during the off-season lol
He has a 136 OPS+ this year

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00