• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff working with the 1's

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about and this is why people get so frustrated with you...There is a huge difference between not getting it and not wanting to get it, for you its the latter...You can't judge a guy before he has even played, you've been told this over and over...This was NOT going to be a winning team and we have an O-line that is bad at pass blocking(and run blocking this season), so we should put him in there to get smashed???

Oh really? You didn't expect the Rams to make the playoffs before the season? I did. Because I believe Fisher said that they were just a quarterback away. did the line suck last year when gurley was running for all those yards? So let me get this straight you expected another 6 and 10 season? What are we rebuilding again?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a great offensive line will have trouble blocking 8 men in the box (or more). Until Fisher opens up the passing game, the Rams will continue to see 8 and 9 players in the box. There is rarely any need for a DB to line up more than 10 yards from the LOS vs the Rams; they don't have even an intermediate passing game threat, much less a deep threat (beyond the odd attempt here or there).

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a great offensive line will have trouble blocking 8 men in the box (or more). Until Fisher opens up the passing game, the Rams will continue to see 8 and 9 players in the box. There is rarely any need for a DB to line up more than 10 yards from the LOS vs the Rams; they don't have even an intermediate passing game threat, much less a deep threat (beyond the odd attempt here or there).

Exactly. Because Case Keenum is a back up not a starter. That's why they sold out and moved up to get Goff. Only problem was he wasn't ready.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they drafted #1? did their teams give up 6 picks?

Anyone that was paying attention would've been aware that Goff was not expected to start right away. Getting your man does not mean he has to start immediately. Factor in Fisher's cluelessness, and you have Goff sitting longer than he needs to.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Because Case Keenum is a back up not a starter. That's why they sold out and moved up to get Goff. Only problem was he wasn't ready.

They knew he wasn't ready all along. Never did they ever say he would be the starter from game 1. The Rams were in the unique position of being essentially a .500 team adding the #1 QB overall, so they aren't rushing their prospect.

What rookie QB starting this season isn't doing so due to injury? Dak is in because Romo is hurt. The Browns rookies have been in due to multiple injuries at the position. Wentz is in because Bridgewater got hurt, prompting the Bradford trade. Lynch saw some snaps due to injury.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew he wasn't ready all along. Never did they ever say he would be the starter from game 1. The Rams were in the unique position of being essentially a .500 team adding the #1 QB overall, so they aren't rushing their prospect.

What rookie QB starting this season isn't doing so due to injury? Dak is in because Romo is hurt. The Browns rookies have been in due to multiple injuries at the position. Wentz is in because Bridgewater got hurt, prompting the Bradford trade. Lynch saw some snaps due to injury.

Those other teams had legitimate starting quarterbacks in front of them. The Rams did not. They didn't move up to the number one spot and get a quarterback to sit. sorry no way I believe the Rams planned on sitting him all year. they never said he was starting because as soon as they got him in camp they knew he wasn't going to be able to. but NOT when they drafted him. Also dont you think moving up to get a number one quarterback was to make a big splash in LA. sitting him on the bench I don't think is impressing anyone.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the biggest reason I don't want Goff in there right now...He'd get killed behind our o-line with all those guys coming at him... Don't want to turn him into David Carr 2.0

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff or Keenum, we weren't going anywhere with Fisher and crew in charge.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Goff didn't beat out Keenum and start week 1 I could have told you guys that. Oh wait I did...

Wow, you told us what we already knew? NO ONE expected Goff to start so soon...PERIOD...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you told us what we already knew? NO ONE expected Goff to start so soon...PERIOD...

Wow. I sure expected him to start and make a big impact for what we gave up. so you give up 6 draft picks to move up for a guy to sit? You don't have a clue if you think the Rams didn't expect him to beat out Keenum and start day one.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I sure expected him to start and make a big impact for what we gave up. so you give up 6 draft picks to move up for a guy to sit? You don't have a clue if you think the Rams didn't expect him to beat out Keenum and start day one.

Actually YOU are the clueless one there buddy, accept it...Keenum was annouced as our game 1 starter last year, wake up to reality buddy, it's about time you do...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fyi, your opinons aren't FACTS!!! Stop acting like they are. Goff was NEVER intended to start early this season, so stop acting like it's such a damn surprise...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fyi, your opinons aren't FACTS!!! Stop acting like they are. Goff was NEVER intended to start early this season, so stop acting like it's such a damn surprise...

What are you talking about? you're honestly telling me with a straight face when they moved up in the draft they didn't expect him to beat out Case Keenum? Winston and Mariota did last year so why wouldn't the Rams expect him to start after giving up the farm. Rg3 started after they gave up all the picks for him and took them to the playoffs. Sorry but it is a fact if you give up that many high picks for a player he better be able to get on the field day one AND make an impact!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? you're honestly telling me with a straight face when they moved up in the draft they didn't expect him to beat out Case Keenum? Winston and Mariota did last year so why wouldn't the Rams expect him to start after giving up the farm.

The Rams said they were going with Keenum, period...you are once again making up a scenario that doesn't exist...Stick to the damn facts or get the hell out of here... If you REALLY wanted Goff back there with our awful o-line, you're either a fake fan or you have absolutely NO idea about football...It's one or the other..

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually YOU are the clueless one there buddy, accept it...Keenum was annouced as our game 1 starter last year, wake up to reality buddy, it's about time you do...

This is the dumbest thing maybe you've ever said. Yes Fisher said Case was the starter last year.... that was before they moved up in the draft and gave up all the picks.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy could be our QB for the next 10+ years and i'm supposed to worry because he's not playing yet??? Get the HELL out of here with that crap!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams said they were going with Keenum, period...you are once again making up a scenario that doesn't exist...Stick to the damn facts or get the hell out of here... If you REALLY wanted Goff back there with our awful o-line, you're either a fake fan or you have absolutely NO idea about football...It's one or the other..

Please show me where they said Keenum would be the starter after the draft and before camp/ OTA's.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy could be our QB for the next 10+ years and i'm supposed to worry because he's not playing yet??? Get the HELL out of here with that crap!!!

10 years? He will be a FA in 3 lol.