• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff working with the 1's

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that's a problem, did I? You know why? It's not, except for people like you who have another agenda and it has NOTHING to do with Goff

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love making this Cougar guy look idiotic, i know he mostly does it to himself, but it's nice to help it along so everyone knows for sure...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is I bet we could have given Bellicheat half of those picks (if that) 2 years ago and got Jimmy G.

Thank you for not doing that... Though I would not be shocked if he is either traded this year or next

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how he always TRIES to turn to convo around on the other person, but he's just not smart enough to pull it off properly

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that's a problem, did I? You know why? It's not, except for people like you who have another agenda and it has NOTHING to do with Goff

Oh sure its not a problem. Everything is great with the team. Maybe we will have a good draft next year? Oh wait.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no its funny how you try to bait me but fail.

Not trying to bait anyone...stating facts (something you know VERY little about)

No one in their right mind would want our future franchise QB starting behind this O-line, PERIOD!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had an o-line who could actually pass and run block I think Goff would already be in there...But with our line, they can't block anyone and would get Goff killed...That doesn't help anyone...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cougie. At the end of last season (2015), Fisher made the statement that Keenum was the starter for 2016. I remember all of us scratching our heads on such a dumbfounded statement. Officially, Fisher came out May 25, 2016 and made the same statement. That would be after the draft and before camp that you were ragging on LTRF to produce. Perhaps a fact check for you would help your cases. See for yourself though.

Case Keenum knows he's listed as Rams' starting QB — in pencil

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cougie. At the end of last season (2015), Fisher made the statement that Keenum was the starter for 2016. I remember all of us scratching our heads on such a dumbfounded statement. Officially, Fisher came out May 25, 2016 and made the same statement. That would be after the draft and before camp that you were ragging on LTRF to produce. Perhaps a fact check for you would help your cases. See for yourself though.

Thank you VERY much Retro...I was actually at work during this whole drama so I couldn't really look this stuff up to throw back in his face, I could just go on my memory(which happens to be VERY good for things I choose to remember, which is usually odd obscure knowledge like this lol)...

Yes, I've been told I should be on a gameshow and did once try out for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire... Before the test, they kept telling us to pay attention to the numbers, I'm laughing to myself as if, who would mess that up...Well, they give us the test and somehow halfway through I realize that I actually messed up the numbers. I erase two through ten and when I finish number ten, the woman in charge says "one minute left"...I still have ten questions to go...I rush through them all and got most right but not quite enough to qualify...However, as bad as I may have felt, when talking to the people at the table I was with, the girl next to me thought that a Singapore Sling was a type of shoe, so that made me feel a HELL of a lot better LOL...I really need to try it again...

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you VERY much Retro...I was actually at work during this whole drama so I couldn't really look this stuff up to throw back in his face, I could just go on my memory(which happens to be VERY good for things I choose to remember, which is usually odd obscure knowledge like this lol)...

Yes, I've been told I should be on a gameshow and did once try out for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire... Before the test, they kept telling us to pay attention to the numbers, I'm laughing to myself as if, who would mess that up...Well, they give us the test and somehow halfway through I realize that I actually messed up the numbers. I erase two through ten and when I finish number ten, the woman in charge says "one minute left"...I still have ten questions to go...I rush through them all and got most right but not quite enough to qualify...However, as bad as I may have felt, when talking to the people at the table I was with, the girl next to me thought that a Singapore Sling was a type of shoe, so that made me feel a HELL of a lot better LOL...I really need to try it again...

In the questionnaire you have to fill out before you get there one of the questions was...What is something you'd like to ask the host(who at the time was Cedric the Entertainer) Mine was, "What kind of last name is Entertainer? Dutch???" Everyone around me who heard us talking couldn't stop laughing and were saying "OMG you should be on the show just for that" :nod::lol:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Fisher said that in 2015 I was the one who made the post. But that article means nothing guys. Pencil? All Fisher was doing is not pissing off Keenum. Did it say they were going to sit Goff! No it didn't. They completely expected Goff to win the job and he couldn't do it. That's why he is on the bench not because that was the plan.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think about it. this was right after the draft how can you name goff as the starter then? When he's never been to a camp or practice yet. But of course they expected him too? why the hell would you give up so much to get him if you didn't think he could beat out case Keenum? It's Case Keenum not Brett Favre.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Cougie, the unofficial statement Fisher made at the end of last season is no longer available but I am quite sure, if I went through the archive threads here on the SportsHoopla, I would find the exact quote or at least the thread we created to discuss the insanity. You really need to accept things when you are not exactly spot on.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it. this was right after the draft how can you name goff as the starter then? When he's never been to a camp or practice yet. But of course they expected him too? why the hell would you give up so much to get him if you didn't think he could beat out case Keenum? It's Case Keenum not Brett Favre.

You fail to remember that we previously had Keenum our roster before he was picked up by Houston and we traded a 7th rounder to get him back. Fisher has always liked Keenum similar to the vein he has of liking people like Isaiah Pead and others that other people discover are a total waste of a roster spot. Methinks you have such strong alliances to people that you can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fail to remember that we previously had Keenum previously our roster before he was picked up by Houston and we traded a 7th rounder to get him back. Fisher has always liked Keenum similar to the vein he has of liking people like Isaiah Pead and others that other people discover are a total waste of a roster spot. Methinks you have such strong alliances to people that you can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

So you're suggesting Fisher prefers a guy that he gave up a 7th rd pick versus a guy who he gave up 2 first, 2 seconds, 2 thirds? I don't think so. It's because Keenum won the job.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am not suggesting Fisher did anything rational as you suggest. He made it known that he was sticking with Keenum beginning at the end of the 2015 season even when he had a Mannion on his roster and did little to anything to look at Mannion's talents. Then he does the bathroom deal with Snead and the Titans GM which absolutely made no sense whatsoever either.

That is what we have been trying to get through your thick skull on may of the threads here. Fisher is doing and has done some really strange stuff with this franchise over his tenure, one of which was trading the farm for player they may have known wasn't ready to play being worthy of the overall first round pick position. Fisher is in over his head and often does things that are characteristic of a drama queen who absolutely loves histrionics and has little to do with winning has he often claims.

Last edited:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, Goff needs to play. He's a talented young QB who needs to experience what it's like to play QB in the NFL. He's been on the bench long enough and this season is over. We need to see what our potential franchise QB can do.

Let's hope Goff only has to endure one season of Fisher & Boras.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, Goff needs to play. He's a talented young QB who needs to experience what it's like to play QB in the NFL. He's been on the bench long enough and this season is over. We need to see what our potential franchise QB can do.

Let's hope Goff only has to endure one season of Fisher & Boras.

Kinda of a catch 22. if Goff does good no way they fire Fisher. I'm guessing Fisher is here for a couple years and when the new stadium opens they will try to make a big splash with the biggest name coach out there at the time.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda of a catch 22. if Goff does good no way they fire Fisher. I'm guessing Fisher is here for a couple years and when the new stadium opens they will try to make a big splash with the biggest name coach out there at the time.

If Goff comes and does well but it doesn't translate into wins, Fisher will be gone.

It would be better to have a winning product on the field to make the new stadium more attractive instead of banking on a splash hire. Kroenke might be figuring that out with the fact that Snead and Fisher haven't been extended yet. I'm more apt to want to keep Snead on board even if Fisher gets fired. I think he's helped bring in good talent, it's just that Fisher had squandered it.