• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff working with the 1's

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you may get your wish as apparently a directive has been issued by the "FO" for Fisher to get this team going in the winning direction with the right QB in one month or else. The article didn't mention what the "or else" meant but perhaps the limp buscuit is starting to feel the potential of losing money from fans leaving as fast as they came in LA. Maybe Mannion is being strongly suggested over Goff by the ubiquitous FO because right now he is the better QB. Perhaps.

Coaching staff still prefer Mannion over Goff, big changes coming in LA

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you may get your wish as apparently a directive has been issued by the "FO" for Fisher to get this team going in the winning direction with the right QB in one month or else. The article didn't mention what the "or else" meant but perhaps the limp buscuit is starting to feel the potential of losing money from fans leaving as fast as they came in LA. Maybe Mannion is being strongly suggested over Goff by the ubiquitous FO because right now he is the better QB. Perhaps.

All I can say is...IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! However, kind of scary that the coaching staff still prefers Mannion over Goff...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and the obvious 800lb gorilla in the room LTRF is WHY IN THE HELL DID SNISHER GIVE AWAY THE FARM FOR GOFF WHEN THEY KNEW THE COACHING STAFF ALREADY FAVORED MANNION AND THE RAMS HAD THEIR NEXT QB ALREADY ON THE ROSTER AND HE WASN'T KEENUM?!!!

Last edited:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I really don't care. We have 2 young QBs and id like to see what we have in Mannion. Goff can sit and learn a bit more. I'd also like to see what we have in our rookie WRs and Higbee too.

Trade Quick and let's see what the young guys have. Either they suck or our FO is letting them suck their thumbs more than any other organization I've seen.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a head coach keep his young guys from playing, just because the veterans have more experience in all my life. All sports

But Fish loves Gurley and refuses to give anyone else a decent amount of carries.

:scratch:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll believe it when I see it about Fisher on the hot seat. I think it was obvious to just about everyone that pays attention to the NFL that Fisher should never have made the trip with the team back to Los Angeles.
As for Mannion, he looked pretty good in what limited opportunities he had in the preseason. No reason why he shouldn't get a shot at this point. While Keenum might know the playbook better than the other two, he sure as hell isn't executing it well. He's obviously not the long term solution so we should find out who actually is. My pick for right now though is Mannion because watching Goff in the preseason and on Hard Knocks, the guy sure as hell didn't look like someone that was anywhere near ready to be leading an NFL offense onto the field.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mannion has been holding a clipboard for 2 seasons now! You know dam well that he has a fire burning inside! :mad2:I'll also wage that he has been pissed off ever since Jarod Goff was introduced to our roster! He's got something to prove! ~Play em!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mannion has been holding a clipboard for 2 seasons now! You know dam well that he has a fire burning inside! :mad2:I'll also wage that he has been pissed off ever since Jarod Goff was introduced to our roster! He's got something to prove! ~Play em!
I like this post, however don't specifically agree. They need to stick to their plan, IMO. Case has played well enough despite all the negative press he is getting. He is not the type of QB you want to have to 'win' the game. The defense has let us down, and injuries have put them in a difficult spot.

Now, had we not mortgaged the future to move up to No. 1 Goff, than I'd totally agree with playing Mannion. I personally thought that was the plan going into this season prior to the trade.

It's funny, the Rams were impatient with Sean by moving up to pick Jared and we all were unhappy. Now they are being patient in preparing Goff to start and we are all unhappy. :lol:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this post, however don't specifically agree. They need to stick to their plan, IMO. Case has played well enough despite all the negative press he is getting. He is not the type of QB you want to have to 'win' the game. The defense has let us down, and injuries have put them in a difficult spot.

Now, had we not mortgaged the future to move up to No. 1 Goff, than I'd totally agree with playing Mannion. I personally thought that was the plan going into this season prior to the trade.

It's funny, the Rams were impatient with Sean by moving up to pick Jared and we all were unhappy. Now they are being patient in preparing Goff to start and we are all unhappy. :lol:

We are unhappy because we have better possible options right now(Mannion) and can still leave Goff as the Backup if we wanted...I don't think we should be holding up the progress of two young QB's so that Case Keenum can come in, play average(or less than average)and throw pick 6's...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their plan has failed! ....Its pretty obvious. Jeff Fishers offseason strategy has failed! He doesn't have any faith in our entire offense right now and its his own fault! Its embarrassing watching our offense play! Our o-line sucks, our receivers aren't consistent. This is why Todd Gurley has been so stagnant so far. Jarod Goff would just get killed or it would just crush his confidence by starting him right now. IMO he(Fisher) should have addressed other areas of need instead of giving up the farm on another young qb and we are now seeing the result of his poor decision! Now we have NO picks to improve after another dismal season.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious why would he give another RB more carries?? If Gurley can't run behind the line nobody can. All of the fat turds on the OL suck. The bright side about that article is that Fisher could be getting fired which would mean xmas would come early for me.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fire the piece of shit now, and take his bum ass OC with him. Hell we'd do better with Jim Bob Cooter..

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are unhappy because we have better possible options right now(Mannion) and can still leave Goff as the Backup if we wanted...I don't think we should be holding up the progress of two young QB's so that Case Keenum can come in, play average(or less than average)and throw pick 6's...
That was a commentary on the Rams leadership, not on us unhappy fans. The Rams leadership seems to be making all the wrong moves so they suck just enough, to lose games they should be winning.

It's no wonder Rams fans are unhappy!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a commentary on the Rams leadership, not on us unhappy fans. The Rams leadership seems to be making all the wrong moves so they suck just enough, to lose games they should be winning.

It's no wonder Rams fans are unhappy!
It seems to me like they get it right a lot of the time with the defensive guys. It's when they try to find WR's, Olinemen and QB's that everything goes to hell. I hope that when Fisher finally gets canned that they do keep Williams on as DC.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Keenum and Britt before the trade deadline today and move forward with Mannion/Goff (in whatever order) and get the young WRs more opportunities on the field. A 6th/7th for Keenum and a 4th/5th for Britt seems fair (or players in return if there is a fit).

Hell, trade Britt for the rights to Josh Gordon if they're feeling dangerous. Anything to shake up this offense.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our defense did everything they had to do to win the Giants game. Manning, Odell, RBs all held in check. Case gave the game away. I'm not sure Mannion is an answer for us, but hell.. at this point all we need is a QB to hang on to the dam ball right? Look at the games we've lost and how. Late INTs, pick 6's.. Why not see what Mannion has? If he wins games, we could trade him in the off season for a pick and we all know we could use a few of those.

What the hell did we draft Mannion for?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense did everything they had to do to win the Giants game. Manning, Odell, RBs all held in check. Case gave the game away. I'm not sure Mannion is an answer for us, but hell.. at this point all we need is a QB to hang on to the dam ball right? Look at the games we've lost and how. Late INTs, pick 6's.. Why not see what Mannion has? If he wins games, we could trade him in the off season for a pick and we all know we could use a few of those.

What the hell did we draft Mannion for?
Right, the Rams have played good defense in 'home' games, but in three of the four away games they played poorly.

I'm not sure if you saw the Giants game SJ, but the pick six was on Tavon. Beautiful pass, hit him in stride and the ball went off of TA's hands for the pick, then some horrible tackling. They finally brought him down as he crossed the goal line, but he must have broke half a dozen tackles in the process.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, the Rams have played good defense in 'home' games, but in three of the four away games they played poorly.

I'm not sure if you saw the Giants game SJ, but the pick six was on Tavon. Beautiful pass, hit him in stride and the ball went off of TA's hands for the pick, then some horrible tackling. They finally brought him down as he crossed the goal line, but he must have broke half a dozen tackles in the process.

Yes that one was on Tavon. The D did everything they had to for us to win is all I'm saying. D has played good enough to win in many of our losses. But execution on offense is lacking at crunchtime and that has been on the QB making big mistakes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, in the last 3 games the defense has been missing some key starters.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, in the last 3 games the defense has been missing some key starters.
:agree:

While I didn't state that in this thread, I've said this over and again on these boards. :nod: