• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff working with the 1's

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their plan has failed! ....Its pretty obvious. Jeff Fishers offseason strategy has failed! He doesn't have any faith in our entire offense right now and its his own fault! Its embarrassing watching our offense play! Our o-line sucks, our receivers aren't consistent. This is why Todd Gurley has been so stagnant so far. Jarod Goff would just get killed or it would just crush his confidence by starting him right now. IMO he(Fisher) should have addressed other areas of need instead of giving up the farm on another young qb and we are now seeing the result of his poor decision! Now we have NO picks to improve after another dismal season.
I specifically said, had we not mortgaged our future, so the plan begins from there.

Like it or not Zeke (And most of us didn't) that is where the plan I'm talking about begins, not prior. As much as most of us disagreed with the trade up, it's the reality we all have to come to terms with.

That said, whether Jeff Fisher thinks Jared Goff is ready or not, he is the investment, and we must stick to the plan at getting him on the field.

I think the time is now!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I specifically said, had we not mortgaged our future, so the plan begins from there.

Like it or not Zeke (And most of us didn't) that is where the plan I'm talking about begins, not prior. As much as most of us disagreed with the trade up, it's the reality we all have to come to terms with.

That said, whether Jeff Fisher thinks Jared Goff is ready or not, he is the investment, and we must stick to the plan at getting him on the field.

I think the time is now!

I know...I know...! I think that is probably the umpteenth time that I've repeated my frustrations on this topic. It seems as though the more games we lose, the more I repeat myself! ........YIKES!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the trade up for Goff until I heard he would not be the starter. I thought if you give up 6 or 7 picks that you are getting a player that can start from day one. If he wasn't ready Fisher was right to keep Case as the #1. But how could he not be ready? The number 1 pick! Was he really not ready? or was Fisher just being Fisher again and making another boneheaded decision? Lets face it if Fisher was a competent leader and decision maker the Rams would be a playoff team but he doesn't make good decisions does he? Goff should start the next game. Case is a good backup but that is all he is and all he will ever be. Let the kid play Fisher. I think if Fisher sticks with Case and the Rams continue to lose we will need a Fire Fisher thread!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will need a Fire Fisher thread!
I thought that was every thread here on the Rams boards, at least that's what I'm reading in every thread, Fire Fisher.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is the division is down this year, we could easily be 6-1 and running away with the division, but alas, we are not! Why, number one reason for me is Fisher! I think it's time for a fish fry!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the trade up for Goff until I heard he would not be the starter. I thought if you give up 6 or 7 picks that you are getting a player that can start from day one. If he wasn't ready Fisher was right to keep Case as the #1. But how could he not be ready? The number 1 pick! Was he really not ready? or was Fisher just being Fisher again and making another boneheaded decision? Lets face it if Fisher was a competent leader and decision maker the Rams would be a playoff team but he doesn't make good decisions does he? Goff should start the next game. Case is a good backup but that is all he is and all he will ever be. Let the kid play Fisher. I think if Fisher sticks with Case and the Rams continue to lose we will need a Fire Fisher thread!

The problem is simple. Fisher and his staff is about Defense. They can coach up Defense but they are clueless on how to coach up offense. Now even Gurley is regressing. Austin is the same player as when he was a rookie not improving. So is Quick so is Robinson. See a pattern? 5 rookie QB's are starting from the same draft as Goff. They have better coaches.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said from the beginning Fisher and Snead moved up to get Goff because they figured he would start day 1 and wouldn't have to be coached up that much because well he was the #1 pick. then they got him to OTA's and camp and shit their pants because he needs a ton of coaching and they know they don't have anyone to coach him up. The only thing saving Fisher now is the down year in the division and he can use we are in a playoff race and don't want to switch QB's excuse.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher now is the down year in the division and he can use we are in a playoff race and don't want to switch QB's excuse
he can try...too many excuses too many promises. Lets just hope the kid plays and does well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said from the beginning Fisher and Snead moved up to get Goff because they figured he would start day 1 and wouldn't have to be coached up that much because well he was the #1 pick. then they got him to OTA's and camp and shit their pants because he needs a ton of coaching and they know they don't have anyone to coach him up. The only thing saving Fisher now is the down year in the division and he can use we are in a playoff race and don't want to switch QB's excuse.

They worked him out, they knew the task at hand.

I think the delay has more with Fisher's realization that his seat is getting pretty warm...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They worked him out, they knew the task at hand.

I think the delay has more with Fisher's realization that his seat is getting pretty warm...

Them working him out means nothing... they can't evaluate offensive talent. It amazes me that you actually think this was the plan to sit him all year? Hell if they fire Fisher he will really be screwed because he will have to learn a new system. I guess he will sit another year. I'm curious if Keenum would go down who do the Rams have come in? I mean if Goff isn't ready why would they have him come in then? I'm guessing Fisher says a prayer every night that Keenum stays healthy.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them working him out means nothing... they can't evaluate offensive talent. It amazes me that you actually think this was the plan to sit him all year? Hell if they fire Fisher he will really be screwed because he will have to learn a new system. I guess he will sit another year. I'm curious if Keenum would go down who do the Rams have come in? I mean if Goff isn't ready why would they have him come in then? I'm guessing Fisher says a prayer every night that Keenum stays healthy.

It amazes me that you think Goff is a bust before he even gets a chance to play. Fisher thinks Keenum is keeping this team in games, so he hasn't made the change. He has ALWAYS been a defense-minded guy, and doesn't want to take the chance with ANY young QB until he's oversure that the new guy won't waste his defense's efforts. Of course, the disconnect is that we all believe Fisher is foolish and that Keenum is obviously hurting at least Gurley's efforts, if not his defense's as well. This disconnect is why many want him out and also likely why that extension never materialized and he is now on the hot seat.

Clearly Goff would be the next man up if Keenum gets hurt, as he has been the active backup since week 2.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must still be working with the ones, this game looks like practice.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a joke. Now you see what politics does in a flipping NFL organization.

If Goff plays and looks awful, Fisher is fired. If Goff sits, Fisher has a prayer of getting 1 more year.

Fisher has lost me for good. What they have done with all of these picks and STILL no offense is absolutely a joke.

I don't get why we can't shake it up and play Mannion, the rookie WRs?

How many more years are we going to have a good enough defense to win, but the offense can barely move the chains?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Goff won’t instantly turn the Rams’ offense into the Greatest Show on Turf, or even into an above-average offense. There are a lot of problems on the Rams’ offense that Goff alone can’t solve. But playing Goff now at least gives the franchise some idea of what kind of quarterback it has, and what kind of help he’ll need in the offseason. Keeping him on the sideline is holding the entire franchise back because it prevents the Rams from really finding out where Goff is in his development."

NFL morning after: It’s time for Jared Goff

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Goff plays and looks awful, Fisher is fired. If Goff sits, Fisher has a prayer of getting 1 more year.

Fisher has lost me for good. What they have done with all of these picks and STILL no offense is absolutely a joke.

How many more years are we going to have a good enough defense to win, but the offense can barely move the chains?

Like I been saying Goff is way farther behind than they ever imagined when they drafted him. It wasn't the plan. And they don't have the coaches to get him ready or at least very fast. you're right Fisher is in a hard spot now.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Goff won’t instantly turn the Rams’ offense into the Greatest Show on Turf, or even into an above-average offense. There are a lot of problems on the Rams’ offense that Goff alone can’t solve. But playing Goff now at least gives the franchise some idea of what kind of quarterback it has, and what kind of help he’ll need in the offseason. Keeping him on the sideline is holding the entire franchise back because it prevents the Rams from really finding out where Goff is in his development."

NFL morning after: It’s time for Jared Goff

There's only one logical answer that makes sense. Goff is so far behind that if they play him Fisher and Snead would look like fools for what they gave up to get him. And it would also show that Fisher and Snead cannot coach up offense of players. I'm surprised none of the players have leaked it yet but a couple more losses might do that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the elephant in the room; Fisher is on the hot seat and if he keeps the Goff card in his back pocket, he might be able to string out 1 more year.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have way more patience than I had for Fisher. If you can't get a team over .500 in three years, you need to be shown the door. That's more than enough time to build a playoff team in my opinion. I agree 100% about playing Mannion and the rookies because it's not like the offense can do much worse at this point.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is over already...let the kids play! What do we have to lose? besides a very bad HC. :D

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have way more patience than I had for Fisher. If you can't get a team over .500 in three years, you need to be shown the door. That's more than enough time to build a playoff team in my opinion. I agree 100% about playing Mannion and the rookies because it's not like the offense can do much worse at this point.

I would not call it patience. This guy came on right at the RG3 trade and got alot of picks. I was super angry when we traded up for Goff after what we've been building. I went off. I accepted that this offense is going to continue to be a shit show. I've known that this entire organization is pretty stupid. I just keep hoping we see a few diamonds in the rough and that maybe I am wrong.

It's literally Groundhog day every year but it's actually gotten worse because now we suck and have many less draft picks.