• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants @ Eagles Pre-Game Thread

G

greenwing

This is going to be a very tough game. The Giants defense is going to focus on McCoy because Foles has been struggling all year and is not comfortable in the pocket. His mechanics and footwork are so off. This win or loss is strictly in Foles who has been turning the ball over way too much. Its tie for him and this offense to make a statement. Also Chip needs to not abandon the running game early. Try to establish it even if it doesn't work in the beginning.

Giants players and fans are talking way too much trash This game is by far the most important thus far this season especially since this is a home game on a prime time night.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a very tough game. The Giants defense is going to focus on McCoy because Foles has been struggling all year and is not comfortable in the pocket. His mechanics and footwork are so off. This win or loss is strictly in Foles who has been turning the ball over way too much. Its tie for him and this offense to make a statement. Also Chip needs to not abandon the running game early. Try to establish it even if it doesn't work in the beginning.

Giants players and fans are talking way too much trash This game is by far the most important thus far this season especially since this is a home game on a prime time night.

This is a thread about the upcoming Giants-Eagles game. Please stay on topic.

Wait...nevermind.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be lovely to see us blow them out. Hard to predict that with the way Foles has played so far, the OL still missing Kelce/Mathis & now Ryans & Kendricks may both be out?

I know one thing...Foles & Maclin seemed pretty upset during their pressers. Hopefully that means we'll see some big hookups by them come Sunday night.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this Gman character is nuthin' but trouble I tell ya!

And that Raid dude stalks Birds (Hhhhmmm.....) fans more than huggin' his own 3 SB ring Raiders. I'd boot him outta here also.:suds::clap::whistle::scratch:

G

greenwing

This is a thread about the upcoming Giants-Eagles game. Please stay on topic.

Wait...nevermind.

Aren't you a little too old to smoking that crap Erk?

Oh wait im off topic again...

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, this year I havent lost a game prediction. And I plan to keep the streak going.

Keys, the midgets have a decent Offense, but have a slightly retarded qb (you cant tell me eli doesn't have aspergers).

They have a decent front 7, but a crappy everything else.

For them to win, eli has to throw the football down the field and force our corners to cover.

Jennings is a scratch, and williams isnt exactly walter peyton back there.

For Us, we need to MOVE THE POCKET. we need to force the midgets linebackers to cover our weapons. If we can get 1 on 1s with kiwanuka or any of the other backers we will do well.

On defense, we have to press the outside guys, and let graham and curry kill eli on every play.

Cruz will have a good game, and their TE will be hard to stop.

But I see, sproles, ertz and mathews giving that slow giant defense fits all game long.

Foles finally pulls his head out of his ass the offense rolls

42-17.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is one of the hottest QB's in football right now. I wouldn't take this game lightly.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a decent front 7, but a crappy everything else.
Not really. Giants are weaker at LB (getting Beason back for this game would be a boost), but a strength of the defense is having one of the better corner duo's in the NFL. And Antrel Rolle is no slouch at safety.
Speedy said:
For them to win, eli has to throw the football down the field and force our corners to cover.
Giants throw a lot more short(er) passes now. New offense. You'll see... it's a big difference from Kevin Gilbride's vertical attack.
Speedy said:
For Us, we need to MOVE THE POCKET. we need to force the midgets linebackers to cover our weapons. If we can get 1 on 1s with kiwanuka or any of the other backers we will do well.
Kiwanuka strictly plays DE now. That being said: your overall point stands... LB is a weakness for the Gmen and that is a good place to attack.

HellAwaits

Pitchfork Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great hangover game....I like how the Gmen play in Philly, even without Osi!

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Giants are weaker at LB (getting Beason back for this game would be a boost), but a strength of the defense is having one of the better corner duo's in the NFL. And Antrel Rolle is no slouch at safety.

Giants throw a lot more short(er) passes now. New offense. You'll see... it's a big difference from Kevin Gilbride's vertical attack.

Kiwanuka strictly plays DE now. That being said: your overall point stands... LB is a weakness for the Gmen and that is a good place to attack.
Thanks for the insight. Ive seen kiwanuka in coverage in a few games, is he really your every down DE?

Btw... I hope your entire team gets mud butt the night before the game, and consequently stays up all night shitting their brains out until their asses feel like they are ejecting angry fire ants... other than that

Cheers bro!
:suds:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the insight. Ive seen kiwanuka in coverage in a few games, is he really your every down DE?
He's in a rotation with Damontre Moore and Robert Ayers at LDE... JPP primarily has played RDE. The Giants tend to move Ayers and Kiwanuka around a little depending on down and distance, kicking inside at times.
Btw... I hope your entire team gets mud butt the night before the game, and consequently stays up all night shitting their brains out until their asses feel like they are ejecting angry fire ants... other than that

Cheers bro!
:suds:
Heh. ;)

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna bump my Giants analysis from earlier in the thread. I tried to put some effort into it... hope it's a worthwhile read:
Scouting Report on the Giants - from a Giants fan

OFFENSE

This offense is very different from the vertical attack of Kevin Gilbride. McAdoo has brought a balanced, short passing, west coast hybrid that has gotten better and more efficient each week of this young season.

Eagle fans will notice that Eli Manning is releasing the ball significantly quicker in this offense.

Balance has also been key: The Giants have 169 passing attempts vs. 163 rushing attempts thus far.

There has also been a noticeable 'conservative' tendency with McAdoo's play-calling. On more than one occasion, the Giants have elected to run the ball on 3rd and 9ish type situations, and other times they have called pass plays that seemed intentionally designed to target a receiver well before the sticks and hope they can YAC their way to a 1st down.

The Giants are currently ranked 18th in total offense (15th rushing, 17 passing)... but they have been efficient, ranking tied for 6th in scoring (26.6 ppg).

Starting RB Rashad Jennings will be out. Rookie Andre Williams will most likely see a large amount of the carries. He is a big, workhorse type but lacks seasoning in pass protection and is not known as a good receiver. Veteran Peyton Hillis will most likely be inserted in 3rd down situations.

Rookie WR Odell Beckham looked good in his first action of the season and adds an extra element (speed, big play flair) to the offense.

DEFENSE

Much like the offense, the Giant defense has also improved as this young season has progressed.

The Giants currently rank 18th in total defense (10th vs. the run, 25th vs. the pass). Good passing attacks such as Detroit and Atlanta have put up yardage against this D.

Situational defense has been strong for the Giants. The Gmen currently rank 1st in the NFL in 3rd down defense (opponents only converting 32.8% of the time) and 6th in the NFL in red zone defense (opponents only scoring a TD 46.7% of the time).

D-Line play has reemerged as a strength. DT Johnathan Hankins is a force in the middle, JPP has been extremely active at RDE... and overall depth is strong with guys like DaMontre Moore, Kiwanuka, Robert Ayers and Cullen Jenkins being effective role players.

LB play is a continued weakness. Mark Herzlich, in particular, is consistently a step slow and should be targeted by any offense. Getting Jon Beason back from injury would be a boost.

Secondary play has been mixed. Early on in the season, the Giants were plagued by miscommunications and bitten by big plays. That has leveled off, somewhat... due in part to Stevie Brown being replaced as starting safety by Quentin Demps. On paper, there is a lot of talent here... with Antrel Rolle, DRC and Prince Amukamura being top athletes.

SPECIAL TEAMS

The Giant special teams continue to be poor in terms of blocking and coverage. In theory, this should be a big advantage for Philly... who have had stand out special teams play so far this year.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a battle. The Eagles have only won one game against a comparable opponent. (Colts).
Lost one to San Fran who is another comparable team. The Eagles must have a good running game and use the clock. So far that has been our weakness. Foles will be more effective in a balanced attack. Eagles 24 Giants 23.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing this matchup and truly feel it will be a typical, hard fought, NFCE divisional game with the winner being the team that wins the TO battle and has a bit of luck on their side.

If the Eagles play with no TOs and can get the running game going, I see them winning the game at home easily.

Offense - advantage Gnats
Defense - advantage Gnats
STs - big advantage Eagles

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is one of the hottest QB's in football right now. I wouldn't take this game lightly.

Finally got an Oline to block for his RB. Beat the Falcons, Redskins, and Texans. Not exactly setting the world on fire...