• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Pre Game #2

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly it is really 30 because the team has not been since Joe retired the first time.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson just doesn't seem to have burst to him
I'd like to see Rodriguez get more PT, but not because I think Robinson can't cut it. Almost half, 43%, of Robinson's carries came in the first 2 games. The last 5 games his carriers have been 10, 14, 6, 10, 8.

Against Atl, a game where the Skins took the lead early in the 2nd quarter and held it the entire game. RBs only ran the ball 17 times. That doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team does lose tomorrow, it appears per many sources that Rivera could be gone sooner than later as well.

Strange that a Week 8 games means this much. I don't know if any of this is true...but multiple sources are reporting that the team will switch to 2024 mode (trading players and Rivera possibly being fired) if the Eagles win.

For that reason, I expect the team to go out and win one for coach tomorrow...LOL

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the team does lose tomorrow, it appears per many sources that Rivera could be gone sooner than later as well.

Strange that a Week 8 games means this much. I don't know if any of this is true...but multiple sources are reporting that the team will switch to 2024 mode (trading players and Rivera possibly being fired) if the Eagles win.

For that reason, I expect the team to go out and win one for coach tomorrow...LOL
Thats all I've been hearing as well.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd still say firing RR after tomorrow is not what I would do. You'd have to promote JDR who has HCing experience or promote EB to a job he has never had. I guess if you wanted to see what EB has a HC that could be an audition.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still say firing RR after tomorrow is not what I would do. You'd have to promote JDR who has HCing experience or promote EB to a job he has never had. I guess if you wanted to see what EB has a HC that could be an audition.
I always struggle with the "sources say" sticker.

If it is John Keim or a beat writer from the DC area, that is one thing.

I swear that some of the people at Bleacher Report or other sports websites are making this stuff up or seeing if something sticks. If Adam Scheffer says it, I start to pay attention.

Lets say that this is true...what does it mean?

Does it mean TMac, Young, Sweat, and Gibson are gone? I don't think so. I think if we lose, Rivera might trade Samuels or Gibson. Rivera isn't going to purposely help the new regime or new GM. To me, it doesn't make sense for Rivera to trade anyone at this point because it would only make his life harder as a coach trying to stay employed.

Unless Harris tell him to start trading guys. Maybe he does just that. Who knows?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always struggle with the "sources say" sticker.

If it is John Keim or a beat writer from the DC area, that is one thing.

I swear that some of the people at Bleacher Report or other sports websites are making this stuff up or seeing if something sticks. If Adam Scheffer says it, I start to pay attention.

Lets say that this is true...what does it mean?

Does it mean TMac, Young, Sweat, and Gibson are gone? I don't think so. I think if we lose, Rivera might trade Samuels or Gibson. Rivera isn't going to purposely help the new regime or new GM. To me, it doesn't make sense for Rivera to trade anyone at this point because it would only make his life harder as a coach trying to stay employed.

Unless Harris tell him to start trading guys. Maybe he does just that. Who knows?
I would first say and don't mean this in a mean way you quoted many writers to support your beliefs about RR and Wentz. I am not picking on you for that.

I'd say Keim is a pretty good source and right now Logan Paulsen is best. I also like Michael Phillips from the Richmond paper. If Baldy puts out info on Washington it is gold to me.

There are some many bloggers/podcaster folks that are not that smart.

When Harris was becoming looking like a serious contender as owner I did research. I shared that back then. Most came from Wiki ... yes I know not a top source but it documented Harris ownership of the 76ers and Devils. I think the hardest of the three sports to change the direction of your team is the NBA .... NHL is harder than the NFL. Washington could be turned around in 2-3 years with a good front office and HC.

I have no idea what the Harris group wants to do. You could trade older (not old) starters if you can get a favorable trade for draft choices. It just depends on what they want to do. I am not advocating for $20 million plus for either DE. JMO

I will be interesting to see what happens which may be nothing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would first say and don't mean this in a mean way you quoted many writers to support your beliefs about RR and Wentz. I am not picking on you for that.

I'd say Keim is a pretty good source and right now Logan Paulsen is best. I also like Michael Phillips from the Richmond paper. If Baldy puts out info on Washington it is gold to me.

There are some many bloggers/podcaster folks that are not that smart.

When Harris was becoming looking like a serious contender as owner I did research. I shared that back then. Most came from Wiki ... yes I know not a top source but it documented Harris ownership of the 76ers and Devils. I think the hardest of the three sports to change the direction of your team is the NBA .... NHL is harder than the NFL. Washington could be turned around in 2-3 years with a good front office and HC.

I have no idea what the Harris group wants to do. You could trade older (not old) starters if you can get a favorable trade for draft choices. It just depends on what they want to do. I am not advocating for $20 million plus for either DE. JMO

I will be interesting to see what happens which may be nothing.
We just don’t know what ownership will do next . Hence anything can happen

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing RR now is a mistake. First, does anyone really want JoshHarris choosing our next head coach? That sounds an awful lot like Danny. Second, EB needs more time as an OC calling plays before he can be considered a serious HC candidate. So far, his results are not there To justify a promotion.

if I’m Harris, I clean house from anything or anyone from the Dan snyder regime. Then I find a new team president. His first course of action is hiring a new GM. This GM should be the one to hire the HC. As for the GM, look to organizations like the ravens or chiefs for front office personnel. They have seen how successful organizations are built.

for the first time in many years, Washington has to be considered a good place to be for a GM. You have a team with some talent, just not led correctly. Your have a huge FA pile of money to spend. You also have all of your draft picks. There is a lot to work with. But you need to start lining up these key positions now. You can’t wait until the season is over to start retooling the front office. Unlike players, front office personnel are regularly given the opportunity to interview for promotions in other organizations mid season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing RR now is a mistake. First, does anyone really want JoshHarris choosing our next head coach? That sounds an awful lot like Danny. Second, EB needs more time as an OC calling plays before he can be considered a serious HC candidate. So far, his results are not there To justify a promotion.

if I’m Harris, I clean house from anything or anyone from the Dan snyder regime. Then I find a new team president. His first course of action is hiring a new GM. This GM should be the one to hire the HC. As for the GM, look to organizations like the ravens or chiefs for front office personnel. They have seen how successful organizations are built.

for the first time in many years, Washington has to be considered a good place to be for a GM. You have a team with some talent, just not led correctly. Your have a huge FA pile of money to spend. You also have all of your draft picks. There is a lot to work with. But you need to start lining up these key positions now. You can’t wait until the season is over to start retooling the front office. Unlike players, front office personnel are regularly given the opportunity to interview for promotions in other organizations mid season.
I am certain they are doing this now already behind the scenes

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certain they are doing this now already behind the scenes
Most likely. But we can’t put the cart before the horse. Can’t fire RR until these other positions are filled. Ron will be here until seasons end.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly it is really 30 because the team has not been since Joe retired the first time.
sadly,the last decent coach this team has had.

good,if it takes a loss for rr to be gone,i,m all for it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty was a good coach and so were the Shanahan's but Dan screwed that up.