• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants @ Eagles Pre-Game Thread

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that it is early but this is a VERY important game. Win it, and the Giants fans will shut up and Dallas plays Seattle. Lose it, and the Eagles fans will stew for 2 VERY long weeks.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge game & Foles needs to play well for his confidence if nothing else. Need to win this game because the schedule gets really tough after the break.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is too early for me to make my prediction. If I had to make it today, I wouldn't feel good going into the game. It's Monday and I'll take it day by day. This is a big game indeed. We have to win our divisional games. The Giants defense seem to give us a tough time. I hope we see the Eli of last season.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody needs to make predictions. Who has watched the Giants play? Are they for real? I don't know how to take yesterday's win. Atlanta stinks on the road. They beat Washington who wasn't ready to play after giving their all against the Eagles, and their other win escapes me now but it wasn't against a "good" team.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody needs to make predictions. Who has watched the Giants play? Are they for real? I don't know how to take yesterday's win. Atlanta stinks on the road. They beat Washington who wasn't ready to play after giving their all against the Eagles, and their other win escapes me now but it wasn't against a "good" team.

It seems like Eli has gotten a better grip on the offense. Beckham is back in the lineup and Amukamara is no longer a virgin and is becoming the player they thought he would.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that a few ex-Eagles are on their defense - Mike Patterson, Quinton Demps and somebody else.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More worried about our offense than anything. Foles has been horrible all season long. Offensive line banged up and McCoy suffering because of it. We can't count on defensive TD's and huge special teams plays every week. Time for the offense to wake up or this will be a loss.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I heard we were wearing Black pants and Black Jerseys....That should be pretty cool.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black on Black should look pretty cool.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Giants:

Looks like starting RB Rashad Jennings will probably be out with a sprained knee.

I'm hopeful that LB Jon Beason will be back and ready to go, though. That would be a nice boost for the Giant defense.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running back Rashad Jennings probably won't play.
Linebacker Jon Beason might not play.
Cornerback DRC has a sore leg.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running back Rashad Jennings probably won't play.
Linebacker Jon Beason might not play.
Cornerback DRC has a sore leg.

Yet Andre Brown will kill us with the running game much like Bradshaw use to kill us.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge game for both teams. The winner will be in the catbird seat in the division. Dallas will almost certainly lose to Seattle, though they are sadly the best team in the division right now in terms of play.

So if Philly wins, it will go into the bye at 5-1 with the division lead and two division wins, a strong position.

Mychael Kendricks is supposedly practicing which is great news. Hopefully Demeco Ryans can also go. The line looked improved last week with Lane Johnson back. A win and then a bye week to rest could get at least the defense back up to full strength for the stretch run.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting Report on the Giants - from a Giants fan

OFFENSE

This offense is very different from the vertical attack of Kevin Gilbride. McAdoo has brought a balanced, short passing, west coast hybrid that has gotten better and more efficient each week of this young season.

Eagle fans will notice that Eli Manning is releasing the ball significantly quicker in this offense.

Balance has also been key: The Giants have 169 passing attempts vs. 163 rushing attempts thus far.

There has also been a noticeable 'conservative' tendency with McAdoo's play-calling. On more than one occasion, the Giants have elected to run the ball on 3rd and 9ish type situations, and other times they have called pass plays that seemed intentionally designed to target a receiver well before the sticks and hope they can YAC their way to a 1st down.

The Giants are currently ranked 18th in total offense (15th rushing, 17 passing)... but they have been efficient, ranking tied for 6th in scoring (26.6 ppg).

Starting RB Rashad Jennings will be out. Rookie Andre Williams will most likely see a large amount of the carries. He is a big, workhorse type but lacks seasoning in pass protection and is not known as a good receiver. Veteran Peyton Hillis will most likely be inserted in 3rd down situations.

Rookie WR Odell Beckham looked good in his first action of the season and adds an extra element (speed, big play flair) to the offense.

DEFENSE

Much like the offense, the Giant defense has also improved as this young season has progressed.

The Giants currently rank 18th in total defense (10th vs. the run, 25th vs. the pass). Good passing attacks such as Detroit and Atlanta have put up yardage against this D.

Situational defense has been strong for the Giants. The Gmen currently rank 1st in the NFL in 3rd down defense (opponents only converting 32.8% of the time) and 6th in the NFL in red zone defense (opponents only scoring a TD 46.7% of the time).

D-Line play has reemerged as a strength. DT Johnathan Hankins is a force in the middle, JPP has been extremely active at RDE... and overall depth is strong with guys like DaMontre Moore, Kiwanuka, Robert Ayers and Cullen Jenkins being effective role players.

LB play is a continued weakness. Mark Herzlich, in particular, is consistently a step slow and should be targeted by any offense. Getting Jon Beason back from injury would be a boost.

Secondary play has been mixed. Early on in the season, the Giants were plagued by miscommunications and bitten by big plays. That has leveled off, somewhat... due in part to Stevie Brown being replaced as starting safety by Quentin Demps. On paper, there is a lot of talent here... with Antrel Rolle, DRC and Prince Amukamura being top athletes.

SPECIAL TEAMS

The Giant special teams continue to be poor in terms of blocking and coverage. In theory, this should be a big advantage for Philly... who have had stand out special teams play so far this year.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 34
Giants 23

I don't think this game is real close....This will be Jordan Matthews first 100 yard receiving game.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Ryans, no Kendricks I see the Giants even without Jennings running the ball and using the short passing game to control the clock and keep the Eagles offense off the field. However, I don`t see this is a Giants blowout or even a Giants win. I think the Eagles offensively find some rythmn and win this game late 24-21.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are coming off 3 consecutive 30 point efforts...

I guess we'll see if the Eagles fast paced offense and 28th ranked defense can hold them to around 20.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are coming off 3 consecutive 30 point efforts...

I guess we'll see if the Eagles fast paced offense and 28th ranked defense can hold them to around 20.

Oh God! Look what the skunk dragged in...