• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Geno Staying put

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud would be good in this offense
Im not impressed by him? he doesnt have arm elite arm, he didn't win big games against big teams, and he played on a stacked team. Its a hard pass from me.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not impressed by him? he doesnt have arm elite arm, he didn't win big games against big teams, and he played on a stacked team. Its a hard pass from me.

I agree with you. I saw a lot of hype on the top 3 or 4 guys before this season started ( QB's ) and not a single one lived up to even close to the hype.

I feel if some people on this board are dead set on getting a QB out of this class then you are reaching for straws. I would only go after Tanner McKee myself and that's with our late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I feel like he is going to have the best NFL success out of all these Over hyped over priced top QB's.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I saw a lot of hype on the top 3 or 4 guys before this season started ( QB's ) and not a single one lived up to even close to the hype.

I feel if some people on this board are dead set on getting a QB out of this class then you are reaching for straws. I would only go after Tanner McKee myself and that's with our late 2nd or 3rd round pick. I feel like he is going to have the best NFL success out of all these Over hyped over priced top QB's.

As I've said in the past, if JS/PC feel that one of these QBs is truly elite then I'm fine if they make a move for them. But I really don't see them drafting one as a lottery ticket.

Rebuild the defense. And either go with Geno, a later round QB prospect or hope that Lock can turn into something.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Seahawks don't like the top 3 I'd be OK taking Tanner McKee, don't think he lasts until late second much less 3rd round. If any of the QBs looked like a slam dunk ( some here insist it must be a slam dunk to draft in the first) they would be out of the Seahawks reach at 5 spot and the same next year only more so.
Thing is to fill the QB of the future Seahawks are going to have find a unpolished gem and it will be s a gamble. Who ever they land on will bring groans from the portion of the fan base who thinks a slam dunk is going to land in the Seahawks lap, which is wildly unrealistic. Russell Wilson was not a slam dunk candidate but he worked out. I think dreaming of being able to find a QB of the future in round 3 is to much of a long shot to happen, Best chance is this draft among Young, Shroud, Levis, Richardson and lastly McKee and Mckee will go late first or early second round.
Next season the Seahawks will likely be picking about pick 25 spot ( or later) unless the QB drags their record down enough that he off sets the improvement of the defense and even then would it be higher than pick 20 the Seahawks have this season and enough to land that slam dunk some here want? I don't think so.
Some have brought the idea of trading pick 5 for a 2024 first and plus plus. The problem is I don't see the 5 pick having that kind of value and secondly would that 2024 pick be top 5? Unlikely IMO, so the Seahawks would be in the same spot, only they would have wasted a year. We saw the 49ers spend 3 firsts to move up enough to draft the third QB of the draft in Lance. Does anyone here want the Seahawks to trade that kind of draft capitol away to gamble they hit on a QB in 2024? I don't. I'd rather the Seahawks take a shot this year, if not with pick 5, than pick 20.
Reaching for straws is thinking a QB like Mckee will last until the Seahawks third round pick ( which would be pick 20 in that round) or that a slam dunk will be in reach in 2024. This is the best year for the Seahawks to draft the QB of the future, not 2024 or 2025, this is the year where they don't have to move up in the draft of pray another RW falls into their lap.
I do get that the QBs this season have warts but they also have the potential to be the answer to the QB problem.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seahawks don't like the top 3 I'd be OK taking Tanner McKee, don't think he lasts until late second much less 3rd round. If any of the QBs looked like a slam dunk ( some here insist it must be a slam dunk to draft in the first) they would be out of the Seahawks reach at 5 spot and the same next year only more so.
Thing is to fill the QB of the future Seahawks are going to have find a unpolished gem and it will be s a gamble. Who ever they land on will bring groans from the portion of the fan base who thinks a slam dunk is going to land in the Seahawks lap, which is wildly unrealistic. Russell Wilson was not a slam dunk candidate but he worked out. I think dreaming of being able to find a QB of the future in round 3 is to much of a long shot to happen, Best chance is this draft among Young, Shroud, Levis, Richardson and lastly McKee and Mckee will go late first or early second round.
Next season the Seahawks will likely be picking about pick 25 spot ( or later) unless the QB drags their record down enough that he off sets the improvement of the defense and even then would it be higher than pick 20 the Seahawks have this season and enough to land that slam dunk some here want? I don't think so.
Some have brought the idea of trading pick 5 for a 2024 first and plus plus. The problem is I don't see the 5 pick having that kind of value and secondly would that 2024 pick be top 5? Unlikely IMO, so the Seahawks would be in the same spot, only they would have wasted a year. We saw the 49ers spend 3 firsts to move up enough to draft the third QB of the draft in Lance. Does anyone here want the Seahawks to trade that kind of draft capitol away to gamble they hit on a QB in 2024? I don't. I'd rather the Seahawks take a shot this year, if not with pick 5, than pick 20.
Reaching for straws is thinking a QB like Mckee will last until the Seahawks third round pick ( which would be pick 20 in that round) or that a slam dunk will be in reach in 2024. This is the best year for the Seahawks to draft the QB of the future, not 2024 or 2025, this is the year where they don't have to move up in the draft of pray another RW falls into their lap.
I do get that the QBs this season have warts but they also have the potential to be the answer to the QB problem.

I think that Pete LOVES that Geno is a 'yes man'... And he is okay in Waldron's system. I see Seattle going defense with their first 3/4 picks and a center with the other...

I don't want to wait until round 3 for a QB either, but I think that's exactly what Seattle's FO will do.

And... if it comes down to winning games, (which is probably at his age all Carroll is about), drafting what I called out above is the best improvement the team can make. IF (and it's a huge IF) Jamal Adams can finally get healthy and play money linebacker next year... and Seattle actually gets a DL that's worthy of an NFL roster, the defense could turn it over pretty quick. Couple that with Waldron's system and they could be a legit playoff contender.

Now all that said, I am NOT for giving Smith some $30M+ per year fully guaranteed over 3 years bullshit contract.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I absolutely HATE the idea of simply taking whatever QB is left at No. 5.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely HATE the idea of simply taking whatever QB is left at No. 5.
It could very well be the QB the Seahawks like best or it could be one of the top 2 Seahawks had in mind, if not maybe they wait on McKee. The thing is @flyerhawk the Seahawks will have to take the best of the left overs, be it this year, or 2024 or 2025 because I just don't see the Seahawks having the #1 or #3 or even the #5 ( other than this year) .

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could very well be the QB the Seahawks like best or it could be one of the top 2 Seahawks had in mind, if not maybe they wait on McKee. The thing is @flyerhawk the Seahawks will have to take the best of the left overs, be it this year, or 2024 or 2025 because I just don't see the Seahawks having the #1 or #3 or even the #5 ( other than this year) .

We are unlikely to get a top 5 pick with PC as our coach.

And if they do wind up taking a QB at 5 we are most likely not going to know if that was always their guy or they just took the guy that was till available. TBH, it's entirely possible that all 3 QBs will be gone before we draft ESPECIALLY if the Bears trade down.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are unlikely to get a top 5 pick with PC as our coach.

And if they do wind up taking a QB at 5 we are most likely not going to know if that was always their guy or they just took the guy that was till available. TBH, it's entirely possible that all 3 QBs will be gone before we draft ESPECIALLY if the Bears trade down.
If the Seahawks wanted to take a QB just for the sake of taking a QB, they could of had their pick of QBs in 2022 with the 9th pick. They won't be picking from the left overs it would of been the first QB off the board. If the Seahawks take a QB round one this year I feel we got to assume they
like him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks wanted to take a QB just for the sake of taking a QB, they could of had their pick of QBs in 2022 with the 9th pick. They won't be picking from the left overs it would of been the first QB off the board. If the Seahawks take a QB round one this year I feel we got to assume they
like him.

I would love for John Schneider to confide in me how he feels about Levis who has drawn strong comparisons to Josh Allen. Schneider really liked Allen (was willing to trade Wilson for him and take him #1 overall from the Browns)... end of day Schneider liked Rodgers (wasn't GM but directly reported to the GM as player personnel director), wanted Wilson (got him, HOF QB IMO), wanted Allen, wanted Mahomes (or heavily scouted him)...

IMO if Schneider green lights a QB at 5... you have to take him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is a better QB class and its not even funny, all 5 of these guys are legit 1st round possibilities.

RankNameSchoolYearHeightWeight
1Caleb WilliamsSouthern Cal6-1210
2Drake MayeNorth Carolina6-5210
3Michael Penix Jr.Washington6-3214
4Quinn EwersTexas6-3206
5Bo NixOregon6-3214

too many questions for all the top QBs in the current class. slap the franchise on geno and build capital for next year.

thats what I would do, will they do that? probably not, what they will do is not predictable in all likelihood.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like him.

I tend to agree. I also think that JS/PC will stick with Geno and look to rebuild the defense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is a better QB class and its not even funny, all 5 of these guys are legit 1st round possibilities.

4Quinn EwersTexas6-3206
5Bo NixOregon6-3214

too many questions for all the top QBs in the current class. slap the franchise on geno and build capitol for next year.

thats what I would do, will they do that? probably not, what they will do is not predictable in all likelihood.

I think it is pretty unlikely that they will try to punt picks to next year. They may trade down but only because the guy they want could still be had later.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is pretty unlikely that they will try to punt picks to next year. They may trade down but only because the guy they want could still be had later.
I agree, its unlikely, and like I said I honestly have no idea what they will do. im only saying what we should do.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4Quinn EwersTexas6-3206
5Bo NixOregon6-3214

too many questions for all the top QBs in the current class. slap the franchise on geno and build capitol for next year.

By this time next year 2 or maybe 3 of these QBs will fall in the rankings and the Seahawks would have to give up 3 firsts to move up to get your can't miss guy you would want and that is just to expensive to be practical.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this time next year 2 or maybe 3 of these QBs will fall in the rankings and the Seahawks would have to give up 3 firsts to move up to get your can't miss guy you would want and that is just to expensive to be practical.
3 firsts is the price of a franchise QB, wouldnt that be worth it? especially if two of them are already on your board?

we gave up TWO firsts for a freakin safety for fucks sake

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize that most likely 2 of the top 3 QBs will most likely not be good NFL QBs, right?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. I also think that JS/PC will stick with Geno and look to rebuild the defense.
I'm sure they were pleased with his season, but they won't like the price tag that comes with signing Geno. Obviously if they had a inkling that Geno would bloom they would of signed to a longer contract and it would of been dirt cheap. I just don't see them agreeing to paying Geno big money now when they could of gotten him on the cheap and passed.