• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder with the Cap Limit being 70Mill if Dwill keeps Sluglass Murray as the #5 guy, that's a lot of depth on D and he can do spot duty at the 4. It's an upgrade over Vandeermeer and Worthless White and probably a good teacher to a Demers or Braun.

I agree, I would rather Doug keep Murray and still sign free agents. Use the 10% offseason overage they are allowed and dump Murray afterward if he has to but there is no sense in trading away a guy who can still help your team. Especially if you are trading him for peanuts just to dump the cap.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think stalock should replace niemi on that list. I'm hoping this is the year he get's in net.

I personally would be OK if the Sharks went with Stalock/Greiss in net this year. A lot of people on here disagree though and want a veteran in there. I can see both sides of the argument, but I'd prefer the Sharks moving Niemi.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I personally would be OK if the Sharks went with Stalock/Greiss in net this year. A lot of people on here disagree though and want a veteran in there. I can see both sides of the argument, but I'd prefer the Sharks moving Niemi.

Agree'd 100%, not just because I dont like Niemi, but I think they would be fine in net. Sure Niemi stole a few wins here and there, but he also cost them wins too. He's nothing special and replacing nothing special with something unproven isnt really a big deal to me. I also think they would be fine behind the Sharks D, which looks pretty solid on paper with the addition of Stuart. If it doesnt end up working there are always veteran goalies on the market that come cheap too..

But DWil pretty much already said in that presser, Niemi isnt going anywhere unfortunately...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It's a terribull idea, as much as i like Griess he isnt the guy you need there to mentor a guy like Stalock, it would probably ruin Stalocks development if the sharks went into the season with that tandem.

I know its a snowball's chance in hell but if the sharks could get Brouduer to mentor Stalock that would be a god send, He's still very capable of carrying the workload if he had too.

Worst case scenario griess walks as a free agent and its Nemo and Stalock, but the coaching staff has to let Stalock play and not ride Nemo into the dirt

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can see Griess getting the shaft again this year if Stalock performs well on camp. Best case scenerio might be for Stalock to take Griess' spot this year and hopefully he performs well enough that Wilson feels comfortable enough to move Niemi next offseason while bringing in a vet former starter to mentor him.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you feel our top 6 is equal or better than the rest of the league? "I say the Sharks are around the top 10"

I think Clowe would fit very nice on the 3rd line, if Dougie Boy decided to bring in another top 6 forward.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many of you feel our top 6 is equal or better than the rest of the league? "I say the Sharks are around the top 10"

I think Clowe would fit very nice on the 3rd line, if Dougie Boy decided to bring in another top 6 forward.

The Sharks top six is way to slow IMO. At most there should be only two forwards in the top six who are below average to average in speed. The Sharks have three in Pavelski, Couture, and Clowe with another in Thornton who plays slow.

I'd like to see them move Pavelski to 3rd line center and move Clowe for speed without sacrificing scoring.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Sharks top six is way to slow IMO. At most there should be only two forwards in the top six who are below average to average in speed. The Sharks have three in Pavelski, Couture, and Clowe with another in Thornton who plays slow.

I'd like to see them move Pavelski to 3rd line center and move Clowe for speed without sacrificing scoring.

LOL heres the pointless "speed withs all" BS again... Couture AKA the future of the team, and pavs... Who cares if they arent Torrey Mitchells, they SCORE and are GOOD!! Speed does not equal talent, so please get off the who "New NHL speed is Key to success" crap...

Marleaus fast, Havletts fast... Thornton can be but he doesnt like to be... Clowe shouldnt even be a top 6 forward... If your going to be so insistant on adding fast players, I would perfer they are on the bottom lines, cause they arent going to score for shit so they mine as well have one weapon in the arsanal to be able to keep up with other teams top lines...

Last edited by a moderator:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a terribull idea, as much as i like Griess he isnt the guy you need there to mentor a guy like Stalock, it would probably ruin Stalocks development if the sharks went into the season with that tandem.

And Niemi would be such an upgrade as a mentor lol... He can teach him bad round control and how to let in spurts of multiple goals in less then a minute... He can also show him the old, once you flop to the ground, stay there til the other team scores move hhaha

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL heres the pointless "speed withs all" BS again... Couture AKA the future of the team, and pavs... Who cares if they arent Torrey Mitchells, they SCORE and are GOOD!! Speed does not equal talent, so please get off the who "New NHL speed is Key to success" crap...

Marleaus fast, Havletts fast... Thornton can be but he doesnt like to be... Clowe shouldnt even be a top 6 forward... If your going to be so insistant on adding fast players, I would perfer they are on the bottom lines, cause they arent going to score for shit so they mine as well have one weapon in the arsanal to be able to keep up with other teams top lines...

Does this really need to be explained again?

There is a lot more to speed then just being able to skate fast. Speed also incudes agility, the ability to create space through the neutral zone, the ability to skate with the puck and move the puck fast to be able to issolate dmen, the ability to entre the zone with posession instead of being relient on a constantly failing chip and chase recovery. If the Blues series taught us anything it's that speed is a necessity. The speed to stay ahead of a strong group of backchecking forwards. The Sharks severely lack in all these areas in their top six. And I'm talking about adding top six scoring talent with speed not simply promoting a Torrey Mitchell to that role.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Parise and Brodeur. Then trade Niemi.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Read that while at work today... Countdown til sunday... Unfortunately since Dwil has a comfortable chair right between Niemis nuts, it probably wont be happen... But man or man would that be a dream come true!! I can see Chicago making a big push for him... Dream senerio, Sharks sign Broduer, then trade Niemi for hjalm... D: Burns, Boyle, Vlasic, Stuart, Hjalm, Braun... Murray & Demers would have to probably go or Boyle & Keep murray... G: Broduer/Stalock... Thats pretty potent looking shit right there...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does this really need to be explained again?

There is a lot more to speed then just being able to skate fast. Speed also incudes agility, the ability to create space through the neutral zone, the ability to skate with the puck and move the puck fast to be able to issolate dmen, the ability to entre the zone with posession instead of being relient on a constantly failing chip and chase recovery. If the Blues series taught us anything it's that speed is a necessity. The speed to stay ahead of a strong group of backchecking forwards. The Sharks severely lack in all these areas in their top six. And I'm talking about adding top six scoring talent with speed not simply promoting a Torrey Mitchell to that role.

And SJ does not have the means to do that unless its through free agency... to trade guys like Pavs for someone who is faster with a scoring touch but probably wont put up as good of numbers & costs more is pointless... The slow guys on the team dont have any problems scoring with the chances they get. Marleau & thornton dont have problems scoring either (although there numbers continue to drop, and they are the faster of the top 6)... The problem in the blues series was they ran into the top goaltending dual in the NHL. Even if they have faster guys which you say would garentee better chances, the offensive strategys the team uses is what sucks and that falls on Todd... You can have a team of Ovechkins, but if your coach is telling you to fire every time you get the puck from stupid distance & angles that arent going to go in, while you have NO ONE EVER in front of the net playing grind it out pick up the rebound hockey, your not going to score period.

You want guys with speed, agility & scoring... well good luck getting that without creating another giant hole in the roster...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait till Sunday...

"Oh my God, that guy signed for THAT much?!"
-Everyone

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, read that Joslin is on unconditional waivers (i.e. will get bought out when he clears).

Just another former Shark available...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollak just tweeted that any free agent insisting on REALLY long-term, front-loaded contract won't be joining the Sharks. Ownership, GM won't go there.