• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, read that Joslin is on unconditional waivers (i.e. will get bought out when he clears).

Just another former Shark available...

Yeah i dont think he is going to get claimed by anyone, i think he may be a little slow in the head. Physical ability is there, but he cant keep up with the game mentally. He looked incredibly lost in Carolina.

He's going to have to grind it out in the AHL or move to the KHL to get his game together

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And SJ does not have the means to do that unless its through free agency... to trade guys like Pavs for someone who is faster with a scoring touch but probably wont put up as good of numbers & costs more is pointless... The slow guys on the team dont have any problems scoring with the chances they get. Marleau & thornton dont have problems scoring either (although there numbers continue to drop, and they are the faster of the top 6)... The problem in the blues series was they ran into the top goaltending dual in the NHL. Even if they have faster guys which you say would garentee better chances, the offensive strategys the team uses is what sucks and that falls on Todd... You can have a team of Ovechkins, but if your coach is telling you to fire every time you get the puck from stupid distance & angles that arent going to go in, while you have NO ONE EVER in front of the net playing grind it out pick up the rebound hockey, your not going to score period.

You want guys with speed, agility & scoring... well good luck getting that without creating another giant hole in the roster...

This is exactly my point. The team is forced to play an inferior style of game because several players in the top six lack the skill set to be effective in any other style.

Can Pavelski produce? Of course he can but it's a very one dimentional style of production and one that is easily limited by the better teams in the league. The Sharks need players who skill sets allow for a more diverse offensive scheme. Skating ability plays a large role in that, not an exclusive one, but a large one.

Those players are going to have to come through a combination of free agency and trade. The Sharks have a dearth of assets at the center and defense positions that they can use in trade to supplent what isn't aquired via free agency without opening up major holes.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody get the feeling we are all going to be doing this on July 1st? :burt:

July 1st

60%, just cause our Hopes for a BIG NAME UFA goes out the window :frusty:

80%, Doug will sign a player none of us thought of, or sign a player to a crazy not worth it deal :doh:

10%, Doug does a great JOB! :clap2:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anybody get the feeling we are all going to be doing this on July 1st? :burt:

July 1st

60%, just cause our Hopes for a BIG NAME UFA goes out the window :frusty:

80%, Doug will sign a player none of us thought of, or sign a player to a crazy not worth it deal :doh:

10%, Doug does a great JOB! :clap2:

'm mysteriously confident. I think dougie might have learned his lesson. he knew that the 3rd line was incomplete last summer an I think he fully expected to fill the holes come deadline time. Then, havlat got hurt and the deadline market was dry and he realized that he was SOL and maybe a few ill advised desperation moves that obviously didnt work.

This summer, I think he'll be smarter and quicker in his signings. He wont sign a one-dimensional oldie like zues. I think he'll end up making a good move and hopefully get something quality for murray, He's been good in trades in his history in general, so we'll see....

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly my point. The team is forced to play an inferior style of game because several players in the top six lack the skill set to be effective in any other style.

Can Pavelski produce? Of course he can but it's a very one dimentional style of production and one that is easily limited by the better teams in the league. The Sharks need players who skill sets allow for a more diverse offensive scheme. Skating ability plays a large role in that, not an exclusive one, but a large one.

Those players are going to have to come through a combination of free agency and trade. The Sharks have a dearth of assets at the center and defense positions that they can use in trade to supplent what isn't aquired via free agency without opening up major holes.

This has been a gripe of mine for years. We don't have the guys who can score goals on their own. What I mean by that is they don't have the elite shake and bake. We really so much on scoring off the pass. Thankfully we have Havlat now and he has shown he can pull those kinds of moves. Marleau can as well but he doesn't do it often enough. I pray we can get more guys that consistently go hard to the net with speed after shaking a defender.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

See this is were me and you disagree... You view it as the players, I view it as the coaches... And thats why I often wonder how you are exactly a professional scout... IMO the player setup is fine... The way they are forced into shit based on the coaching staff is what fucks them... D.Sutter was my all time favorite.. Everyone cried for his head cause he was mean and wanted a grind is out style that SJ was fit to equipt... Enter RWil... His prevent D I FUCKING hated, it was aggressive and effective til you get it, then sit on it, it was jus shit coaching, enter TMac... He takes the worst of both anf combines them, dont be aggressive and sit on eveything and uggg I wont even get into it.... Bascially the D Sutter team was the BEST, and the strats he gave were the best and they WORKED and they worked damn fuckin good... And its pretty much the same core of players... But the prob is you have a pussbag group of f**s they dont want to play that and a coach that doesnt want to change anything and you have a reciepe for disaster.. It will remain the SAME til you get rib od the coach, and get rid of the core AKA Marleaue & Thornton.. And thats the bottom line

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Armstrong was bought out today!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
See this is were me and you disagree... You view it as the players, I view it as the coaches... And thats why I often wonder how you are exactly a professional scout... IMO the player setup is fine... The way they are forced into shit based on the coaching staff is what fucks them... D.Sutter was my all time favorite.. Everyone cried for his head cause he was mean and wanted a grind is out style that SJ was fit to equipt... Enter RWil... His prevent D I FUCKING hated, it was aggressive and effective til you get it, then sit on it, it was jus shit coaching, enter TMac... He takes the worst of both anf combines them, dont be aggressive and sit on eveything and uggg I wont even get into it.... Bascially the D Sutter team was the BEST, and the strats he gave were the best and they WORKED and they worked damn fuckin good... And its pretty much the same core of players... But the prob is you have a pussbag group of f**s they dont want to play that and a coach that doesnt want to change anything and you have a reciepe for disaster.. It will remain the SAME til you get rib od the coach, and get rid of the core AKA Marleaue & Thornton.. And thats the bottom line

Daryll Sutter coached in era in San Jose when hockey was still tackle football and the game was slow, so the personal matched the style of game at the time.

If he had the exact same line up today all in their primes they'd be lucky to finish 4th in the division and 11th in the conference. Outside of my boy Korloyuk nobody on that team could handle the puck everyone was north/south grind you out and beat you up. However the rest of the league was slow as well with exception to say detroit,colorado and maybe st louis at the time.

Currently no one on the sharks maybe outside of Couture,Havlat sometimes Thornton and Marleau have any kind of stick handling ability while in stride and in traffic

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought Marleau was the only holdover from Sutter's days in SJ. Basically the same core of players...

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'm mysteriously confident. I think dougie might have learned his lesson. he knew that the 3rd line was incomplete last summer an I think he fully expected to fill the holes come deadline time. Then, havlat got hurt and the deadline market was dry and he realized that he was SOL and maybe a few ill advised desperation moves that obviously didnt work.

This summer, I think he'll be smarter and quicker in his signings. He wont sign a one-dimensional oldie like zues. I think he'll end up making a good move and hopefully get something quality for murray, He's been good in trades in his history in general, so we'll see....

I sure hope your right but I just don't see that happening. When the sharks were at their prime doug could get anyone he wanted. The competition is all around for players now and I'm afraid the Sharks are not inviting enough for some of these great players we desperately need.

I just really feel that if Parise could come to the sharks it would change things big time and make us cup contenders. That guy has exactly what we are looking for. He's a game changer. Unfortunately there are too many teams thinking the same.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And here I thought Marleau was the only holdover from Sutter's days in SJ. Basically the same core of players...

LMAO, that was a very tequila induced post... I woke am and was replaying the night trying to think of what I did and was like uhhh ohhh I posted on the SJ forum again, hope its not as bad as usual lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO, that was a very tequila induced post... I woke am and was replaying the night trying to think of what I did and was like uhhh ohhh I posted on the SJ forum again, hope its not as bad as usual lol

Your drunk spelling and grammar are better then mine sober

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd love to keep him as a bottom pairing Dman in case Demers shits the bed again, or Braun decides to take a year off. Murray's play should improve if he's given 14-16 minutes a night, but I think a 2nd/3rd round draft pick + cap space to spend on a forward would help more. I will shed a tear the day he's traded. Definition of "badass mofo".

Getting Stuart allows Murray, if they don't trade him, to be the 5th or 6th D-man, and he can certainly help there. You know guys are going to get hurt, so it's nice to have some depth on D.
I would trade him in the right deal, but would not just give him away either.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, the doan and wizard availability is very attractive. I would throw 4M per for 3 years at doan if he'd take it. Wizard maybe 2 yrs 3M per. Obviously they are pretty old, but a top 9 F lineupe of Thornton, marleau, havlat, couture, pavelski, doan, clowe, whitney, and wingels would be pretty fearsome. That would give the sharks 3 serious scoring lines and a whole lot more heart and grit. I dunnot what it would take to poach both of them, but Doan is just what the sharks need. 20-25 goals, 50+ pts, HUUUUGGGEEEE Heart and clutch ability. And, it would be awesome to have the wizard end where he began.

These are the 2 guys I would target too. I know they are both older, but the Sharks window with this current group is closing, and it's worth a shot.
Like Rules said in another post, Wilson knows he needs to fix the 3rd line. They need to add at least 2 quality forwards, and adding these 2 guys would be a serious shot in the arm. Both are still really good players, and bring a ton of intangibles to the table.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A little more info for those interested in Doan

The Fourth Period :: Phoenix Coyotes :: Doan giving Coyotes every opportunity

However, Doan isn't itching to leave the organization and "wants to give the Coyotes every opportunity" to sign him, his agent, Terry Bross, told TFP Saturday evening.

Speaking to TFP Editor-in-Chief David Pagnotta, Bross indicated the earliest his client would sign a contract -- with the Coyotes or another club -- would presumably be July 8, the date in which the Coyotes will have a clearer picture as to whether or not they'll be staying in Arizona.