• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
all this stalling on Doans part may start effecting how much money and term he will get

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Make a fkin decision already Lebron... Or if your not gonna make one anytime soon, knock it off with the gdamn interviews bout your deadlines and your gonna decided on this date, or that date then you retrack what you jus said a week ago....

Lebron James + Brett Farve = Shane Doan...

If you want to play with Phoenix so fucking bad, SIGN WITH THEM!! It doesnt matter if they are bankrupt, the NHL isnt going to relocate them this season so sign a 1 year deal and shut the fuck up.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a fkin decision already Lebron... Or if your not gonna make one anytime soon, knock it off with the gdamn interviews bout your deadlines and your gonna decided on this date, or that date then you retrack what you jus said a week ago....

Lebron James + Brett Farve = Shane Doan...

If you want to play with Phoenix so fucking bad, SIGN WITH THEM!! It doesnt matter if they are bankrupt, the NHL isnt going to relocate them this season so sign a 1 year deal and shut the fuck up.

Interesting, I can't seem to recall Doan ever tearfully retiring mutliple times only to come back months later. Weird. And I also don't remember Doan's TSN Sportscentre special announcing he was taking his talents somewhere else. In fact, it seems like what Doan is doing is nearly the complete opposite of what Lebron did.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting, I can't seem to recall Doan ever tearfully retiring mutliple times only to come back months later. Weird. And I also don't remember Doan's TSN Sportscentre special announcing he was taking his talents somewhere else. In fact, it seems like what Doan is doing is nearly the complete opposite of what Lebron did.

Since it went right over your heard... In otherwords, like Lebron & Farve dragging things out and have numerous articles about them changing there minds on decisions, eaither sign a contract or STFU because hearing he will make a decision by "insert date" then date comes, i want to stay with phoenix, 2 days later, I dont know whats going on with phoenix, im meeting with this team, 2 days later, Ill will make my decision by "insert date", date comes, I want 2 stay with phoenix, 2 days later, I dont know whats going on with phoenix. rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat... So aka to my original statment, Lebrone + Farve = Doan... aka make a damn decision, or STFU about it...

If he wants to stay in Phoenix so bad, then stay. Who cares bout the financle state of the team, if you love it so much, STAY. They arent going anywhere this season so he wont be relocated. They arent gonna fold & get disbanded since, although I wish, that will never happen. Im pretty sure they arent even at cap floor yet and can pay him whatever it wants. So there you have the $$$ and the team you want... Its not that difficult

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to go on and on. I fully understood the extremely thin connection. I was merely pointing out the more obvious differences between the three individual situations.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doan is looking to get term in what will probably be his last contract. He's waiting to see if Jamison can guarantee him the Yotes will be in Glendale for the next 3 to 4 years. While its almost certain they will remain there for this up coming season it's obvious Doan doesnt want to sign just a one year deal. It's a very smart move on his part since an injury can mean he just threw away 2 or 3 years worth of salary. Not a risk that's worth taking especially with how prevalent concussions are in the game.

While his agent has made a bit of a circus of the situation it in no way remotely compares to the shameless self promotion we saw from LeBron and Farve.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sleep: ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...... did I miss anything?
PHP:
So what are the chances Doug offers a few try outs to NHL vets so that the Shark starters don't get tired or injured during the pre-season? :think: maybe take a page from the Cunucks play book? :brick:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance: New numbers
#5 Demers
#7 Stuart
#10 Desjardins
#21 Galiardi
#37 Burish

I'm sure Braun will get his own number soon.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance: New numbers
#5 Demers
#7 Stuart
#10 Desjardins
#21 Galiardi
#37 Burish

I'm sure Braun will get his own number soon.

Glad Desi got rid of #69. I thought he was a tool for selecting that number.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't pick that number. It was assigned to him.

I'm glad he got rid of it too. Only total tools wear number 69. It's the guys that talk about sex too much because they can't get any.

If I remember what I heard correctly the Sharks wouldn't let him change his number until he had a full season with the team and they thought he may stick with the big club, correct?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm glad he got rid of it too. Only total tools wear number 69. It's the guys that talk about sex too much because they can't get any.

If I remember what I heard correctly the Sharks wouldn't let him change his number until he had a full season with the team and they thought he may stick with the big club, correct?

I'm not sure what the exact qualification is before they let them pick thier own numbers but it's something like that.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doan’s destination? Well, it won’t be San Jose — plus speculating on how lines shape up, new numbers | Working the Corners

More fantastic off-season news for the Sharks! :mad2:

.....soo much for the e4 from my source of Doan signing with Sharks.

Everything I read in that article was fine, I never invested anything in the Doan shit although I wouldve like it. I was honestly hoping more for Ray Whitney over Doan, so my offseason dreams went out the window in week 1 or 2... So I was fine reading the article until the BOLDED crossed my eyes "Anything can happen to change things, of course, but for now there do not seem to be any blockbuster trades or signings on the horizon and both Marty Havlat and Michal Handzus figure heavily in the team’s plans for next season. " And thats when I threw up, shit my pants and proceeded to slit my wrists... And then thought, why am I killing myself, when I can just kill DWil instead...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I rented the movie GOON and I knew I would hate the movie, but I ended up actually liking it. The one scene that made me want to barf though was "PCIK NUMBER 69!!!"... I hated it...

On a side note, I liked the movie. Not cause it was over the top, Seann Willam Scotts performance as bscially a retard with downsyndrom was cringe worthy, and the fact that he could bag a puckbunny by being so retarded any girl would think STALKER now adays. But because the movie made me think bout the glory days of when every star had their own enforcer that skated with them. And players knew, dont check my star or I will FUCK you up! And while the stars were competing for the scoring crown, the enforcers were competing for that Heavy Weight belt... When Scott and Schreiber were talking bout how they have to fight, and Schreiber said your not a hockey player, your like me, your a goon... I yelled at the screen, YOUR A FUCKING ENFORCER!! You are a hockey player and you have a role! It was a role on every team, and its a role that should still be there to this date... But I guess when talent is so diluted and a teams top guy is a guy that gets paid $5mil to score 25 goals & 50 pts... Well then i guess, who the fuck needs to protect that... Anyway, its also cool the movie was based on an actual guy who i looked up on hockeydb.com and that guy ran up some mins in his brief minor pro stint... And he reminded me of "THE MISSING LINK!"

God i miss the sport I grew up with. No sport in the last 15 years and taken such a dive off niagra falls into the shitter as hockey... Not by a landslide.. What happened to my NHL?