• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you think Doug REALLY thinks he can land Doan, and is willing to sign him first before he makes other moves? Sure would be nice to get a upgrade, but I'm not going to be a very happy Shark fan if this is our opening day roster.

I don't think Doug is going to do anything. He's a cancer to this organization and has really put us fans in many years of misery with his lack of team building skills. He clearly picks out players based on stats. We have so many players with skill but there is no leadership, just skill and a lack of effort. Doug passes up all the best choices for players no one else wants. I seriously feel he has given up, the hell would you give up McGinn for 2 players that are signifcantly worse? The guy is on his way out and it will be a day I celebrate.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's an important question that hasnt been asked. IF there happens to be a lockout and the there is no NHL season, does that still count as Dougs last season on his contract or would we be stuck with him for another season??

Is sad that my fav player as a kid was Wilson and one of my coolest hockey memories was him going to San Jose as a player, now I cant fucking stand the guy & what he does to this team.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I find it hard to believe that Holland would lie about that

Where did you see Holland confirm that as Doan's asking price? I've seen reports that Detroit offered 3 years at $4.5m - $5m per but in every article it states that Holland refused to comment.

The 4 years $7.5m reported offer from an Eastern Confrence team originated on the hockeybuzz website. A few credible sources have confirmed it as well but somewhere along the lines it went from an unidentified EC team offering that to it being his price demand.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sleep: ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Wake me up when any Sharks news comes out!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where did you see Holland confirm that as Doan's asking price? I've seen reports that Detroit offered 3 years at $4.5m - $5m per but in every article it states that Holland refused to comment.

The 4 years $7.5m reported offer from an Eastern Confrence team originated on the hockeybuzz website. A few credible sources have confirmed it as well but somewhere along the lines it went from an unidentified EC team offering that to it being his price demand.

Id have to find it, i was purusing a link and it quoted Holland as saying Doans asking price was to high

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Id have to find it, i was purusing a link and it quoted Holland as saying Doans asking price was to high

I've see that article but it doesn't mean Doan was asking for $7.5m a year for four years. It just means Doan was asking for more (years, money, or both) than what Holland was willing to offer.

I can see Wilson offering 3 years $16m - $16.5m which would be $500k - $1.0m more a year than what Holland was offering. If Doan's just out for the money that's probably not going to get it done but if proximity to his family is as big a factor as it's being made out to be then it should give the Sharks a real chance at landing him.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who will be invited to the sharks training camp as a try out?. :think:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've see that article but it doesn't mean Doan was asking for $7.5m a year for four years. It just means Doan was asking for more (years, money, or both) than what Holland was willing to offer.

I can see Wilson offering 3 years $16m - $16.5m which would be $500k - $1.0m more a year than what Holland was offering. If Doan's just out for the money that's probably not going to get it done but if proximity to his family is as big a factor as it's being made out to be then it should give the Sharks a real chance at landing him.

Cmon, in your opinion, do you think that the offers made by the Kings, Sharks and Canucks have been a living breathing thing (i.e. - changing as the Doan soap opera continues) or do you think they were take-it-or-leave-it type offers?

I'd love for the Sharks to get Doan, but the most I'd want to pay is $6M and even that wouldn't be ideal in my humble opinion. That said, if the Sharks could land Doan and then make a decent deadline pickup, they could potentially be a Stanley Cup contender (although I still won't hold my breath).

Marleau-Thornton-Doan
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Galiardi-Pavelski-Wingels
Desjardin-Handzus-Burrish

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Boyle
Murray-Braun (Demers)

Niemi
Greiss

Pavelski would instantly add credibility to the 3rd line and maybe Doan could make the two stiffs play with some passion. If they could add a 2.5 Liner at the deadline, that wouldn't be a bad lineup.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon, in your opinion, do you think that the offers made by the Kings, Sharks and Canucks have been a living breathing thing (i.e. - changing as the Doan soap opera continues) or do you think they were take-it-or-leave-it type offers?

I'd love for the Sharks to get Doan, but the most I'd want to pay is $6M and even that wouldn't be ideal in my humble opinion. That said, if the Sharks could land Doan and then make a decent deadline pickup, they could potentially be a Stanley Cup contender (although I still won't hold my breath).

Marleau-Thornton-Doan
Clowe-Couture-Havlat

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Boyle
Murray-Braun (Demers)

Niemi
Greiss

Pavelski would instantly add credibility to the 3rd line and maybe Doan could make the two stiffs play with some passion. If they could add a 2.5 Liner at the deadline, that wouldn't be a bad lineup.

Definately not a fan of that 3rd line, but mehh what can ya do?? I still think they should dump Zus to a tam trying to reach the cap floor. And theres gotta be someone they can pick up for that 3rd line... Even tho I was a McGinn basher at the start of last season, that 3rd line would look so much better with him there instead of Suckiardi

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Marleau-Thornton-Doan
Clowe-Couture-Havlat

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Boyle
Murray-Braun (Demers)

Niemi
Greiss

I would imagine the offers were static. Made simply to show interest and a willingness to pay a market price. I wouldn't expect anything more until Doan official announces he's moving on from the Yotes or he comes to San Jose to visit with Wilson.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
side note to Doan drama, Jamison came up 20 mill short to buy the team, so it likely meets Doans out