• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal rumor mongers are saying Rene Bourque to San Jose for a Dman.

Ugh...

I heard its Rene Bourque & Rights to PK Suban, for Dan Boyle & Demers, + draft pick.

From a friend, but I'm not putting too much in it.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't see Montreal trading a 23 year old top pairing dman for a 36 year old Boyle, currently a bottom pairing (with top 4 potential) dman in Demers, and at best a late 1st round pick. Not to mention adding Bourque as well. Bergevin would instantly fall to the level of MOC, JFJR, Milbury, and Howson if he made that trade.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you guys feel about bringing Moore back on the cheap? Sounds like he is interested in staying from that article. I can't imagine his head will be in the game every night (insert joke about fitting right in) with his family issues going on, though.

With the new coaching philosophies that will be put in place, I think Moore's speed can be of help.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say if Moore wants and can play then give him a shot again. But first things first Family comes FIRST!

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors: Sharks sticking with current roster?

This from ESPN Insider. Anyone have access to post the article? BTW, FUCK WILSON!:hdn:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN stuff is garbage.. they are quoting Kurz among other useless things:

Assuming this lineup stays intact heading into the 2012-13 season, the San Jose Sharks have some talented offensive weapons in their top six. Joe Thornton is an established playmaker in this league, Patrick Marleau -- playoff struggles aside -- consistently produces points, and Logan Couture seems to get better each year. Joe Pavelski, Martin Havlat and Ryane Clowe have proven to be effective weapons up front as well.

Is that enough to legitimately contend for the Stanley Cup though? After all, that's still the goal for this club. And, as Kevin Kurz of CSN Bay Area contends, the roster may still be lacking the secondary scoring that's necessary to reach that level. That's not to say this isn't a dangerous bunch -- one that could put together a very nice regular season and be a tough out in the postseason if all goes well for them. But if they want to play for it all, another piece or two may need to be added -- either before the season, or during.

- Luke Lapinski

And this:

UPDATE: As it turns out, adding another top-six forward isn't proving to be easy for San Jose. Rick Nash is now gone. As is Alexander Semin, though they weren't necessarily interested in him anyway.

That means the Sharks may very well enter 2012-13 with the lineup they have now, or at least something very close to it. Bobby Ryan might be available in a trade -- but probably not to one of Anaheim's Pacific Division rivals. Shane Doan is someone that San Jose wouldn't mind adding, but he's make it clear all along that Phoenix is his top choice. And as Kevin Kurz notes, the Sharks are pretty limited in the trade market because there aren't a ton of quality players available that would actually make them better and many of thier dealable assets have no-trade clauses anyway.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What do you guys feel about bringing Moore back on the cheap? Sounds like he is interested in staying from that article. I can't imagine his head will be in the game every night (insert joke about fitting right in) with his family issues going on, though.

With the new coaching philosophies that will be put in place, I think Moore's speed can be of help.

for 800k or less, Im fine, but he sucks and his horrible year last year wasnt from his wife, it's in line with his history.

let him take care of family.

At this point, assuming Doan is not coming, dougie would be best served just going with the current roster. The current team will be competitive for a PO spot as is, not for a cup, but for a 7th or 8th seed like last year. That will give dougie the time to see what hes got in terms of youngins like wingels, oleksuk, galiardi, demers, braun, stalberg, tennyson, stalock, and the like. If those guys fall short, then the deadline is always there to overpay for crap like moore or get steals like wellwood for free. Either way, there is something to be said for the "give the kids a shot" theory.

Im not exactly optimistic about this roster and I would say dougie has had a terrible summer aside from bringing in LR for the PK. One could argue that if he fixes the PK, then the sharks will have the time to find the missing pieces during the year without being too far behind the 8 ball.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Doan wants 4 years 30 mill, good luck with that

You know, some team might do it, it just wont be SJ. MTL, WAS, NYR and several other teams all have ample cap space to pay that kind of cash. I would say SJ is out of the bidding at anything over 6, so they arent even in the same ballpark right now.

Clearly, what you see is what you get in SJ. Interestingly, only 11 forwards are under contract right now which means at least 2 or 3 roster spots are wide open for rooks. Mccarthy has a good shot at one but definitely no guarantee, and the others are a total ???... At least that makes for an interesting camp with truly motivated rooks competing for jobs. I dont remember the last time the sharks had so much open space. Maybe 2006-2007 when pickles, clowe, Carle, and Bernier all broke in to the NHL scene as regulars pretty much from the start of the year.

Could be an intriguing September, October, and November...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you think Doug REALLY thinks he can land Doan, and is willing to sign him first before he makes other moves? Sure would be nice to get a upgrade, but I'm not going to be a very happy Shark fan if this is our opening day roster.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you think Doug REALLY thinks he can land Doan, and is willing to sign him first before he makes other moves? Sure would be nice to get a upgrade, but I'm not going to be a very happy Shark fan if this is our opening day roster.

I think Doan did consider the Sharks at somewhere around $5 per year, until some team threw a $6+ offer at him. Now the Sharks just can't compete with an offer like that. Nor should we want them to.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Doan did consider the Sharks at somewhere around $5 per year, until some team threw a $6+ offer at him. Now the Sharks just can't compete with an offer like that. Nor should we want them to.

Its pretty much Doan stating he doesnt want to leave Phoenix period, but i just don't get his asking price. It fucking absurd at best, If he were 31 i could see that deal all day

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doan's agent is calling the 4 year $30m asking price garbage and not true.