• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Canucks at Bruins | 1pm ET | 1/7 | on NHLN

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
preview_630_17056.jpg

It doesn't matter, the Bruins and Canucks are both whining bitch hacks compared to the Wings...

/let's hit 1000!!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
/let's hit 1000!!

well Marshmont has a phone hearing on Monday scheduled with Shanaban, so we can all get riled up again when that verdict comes down.

- 3 games, and he has to stand (no pads) in front of a Sami Salo slapshot when Sami is feeling better.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
just trying to keep this thread rolling along... Bruins’ Brad Marchand’s claim that he was just protecting himself is nonsense

If we run out of steam, we can also discuss Thornton trying to engage Weise in a fight, very shortly after Weise had already fought Horton.
one of those rules of 'the code'... if a guy has fought in the period, you don't ask him to go again.
not now... just if the thread slows down we can get to this.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just trying to keep this thread rolling along... Bruins’ Brad Marchand’s claim that he was just protecting himself is nonsense

If we run out of steam, we can also discuss Thornton trying to engage Weise in a fight, very shortly after Weise had already fought Horton.
one of those rules of 'the code'... if a guy has fought in the period, you don't ask him to go again.

Six guys jumped him when he swung at Blowrrows. I'm pretty sure the codes for fighting were out the door at that point.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV pipes in...

the suggestion by Bruins coach Claude Julien that Marchand was trying to protect himself from being hit in the corner boards by Salo late in the second period of a 4-3 Canucks triumph set Vigneault off.

“That’s a stupid comment,” said the Canucks coach. “What Marchand did there, you could end a player’s career doing that and I’ve never seen Sami Salo take a run at any player in the NHL. All I’ve seen Sami Salo do is play with integrity and play the right way.

“Marchand—this is just my feeling on this—some day he’s going to get it. Somebody is going to say enough is enough and they’re going to hurt the kid, because he plays to hurt players and in my mind if the league doesn’t take care of it, somebody else will.

“Sometimes it takes the league time to figure things out and there’s a difference between a good hip check when the player is coming down on you one-on-one with the puck and what we saw Marchand do with his definite attempt to injure. Something needs to happen.”

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV pipes in...

the suggestion by Bruins coach Claude Julien that Marchand was trying to protect himself from being hit in the corner boards by Salo late in the second period of a 4-3 Canucks triumph set Vigneault off.

“That’s a stupid comment,” said the Canucks coach. “What Marchand did there, you could end a player’s career doing that and I’ve never seen Sami Salo take a run at any player in the NHL. All I’ve seen Sami Salo do is play with integrity and play the right way.

“Marchand—this is just my feeling on this—some day he’s going to get it. Somebody is going to say enough is enough and they’re going to hurt the kid, because he plays to hurt players and in my mind if the league doesn’t take care of it, somebody else will.

“Sometimes it takes the league time to figure things out and there’s a difference between a good hip check when the player is coming down on you one-on-one with the puck and what we saw Marchand do with his definite attempt to injure. Something needs to happen.”

Maybe Corey Perry could give it to him. He was going to give it to Datsyuk, but that didn't work out so well for him.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Corey Perry could give it to him. He was going to give it to Datsyuk, but that didn't work out so well for him.

Why not Burrows? The league could use a little more rat-on-rat action. :thumb:

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I recall, the rule is to wait two periods after he fights, and then break his neck. :whistle:

Eddie_Shack said:

Hey, don't forget Samuelsson. He's gonna get it too.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Six guys jumped him when he swung at Blowrrows. I'm pretty sure the codes for fighting were out the door at that point.

that was when Weise and Horton paired off.
two shifts later, Thornton tries to get Weise to go again.
Thornton is a legit fighter. he should know better.

we can't win, can we. If no one steps in, we are pussies... if everyone piles on, we are pussies too.
make up your mind.

BigBadDup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Canucks might be pussies. Bruins might be assholes. Pretty soon some dick is going to come along. And sure, dicks fuck pussies, but dicks also fuck assholes!!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks might be pussies. Bruins might be assholes. Pretty soon some dick is going to come along. And sure, dicks fuck pussies, but dicks also fuck assholes!!

Hopefully that's some big mean Detroit dick steaming your way! Wait, I didn't like the way that sounded...

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Marchand hit: Sami didn't have the puck, so there is no excuse for the hit. And, as stated, Sami wouldn't run a fly.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry not buying that one. Sounds like a ploy to get Marchand suspended which I may add would not surprise me.

I don't buy it either. Salo wasn't hit anywhere near the head. Then again I don't even think what Marchand did was a penalty, but that's obviously just me.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check the 1 minute mark of this vid and tell me what slams on the ice...

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy it either. Salo wasn't hit anywhere near the head. Then again I don't even think what Marchand did was a penalty, but that's obviously just me.

You don't need to receive a direct shot to the head in order to sustain a concussion. That's a moot point however, because it looked to me like Salo's head hit the ice pretty hard.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he landed on the back of his head...I can definitely see a possible concussion from that type of jarring impact.

Check the 1 minute mark of this vid and tell me what slams on the ice...

You don't need to receive a direct shot to the head in order to sustain a concussion. That's a moot point however, because it looked to me like Salo's head hit the ice pretty hard.

Alright, now this is just piling on...