• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

an early look at the 2022 draft.........on the radar,,,,

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is d1 stats...i started going there...cuz ..i could get.....collage ..stats all in one spot.....and turn the stats upside down...its still not as inter..
active as i would like....but it is goood and better than most..except..fan grafphs.

and i use fan graphs for individel..and d1...to see everyone...together...

..nice party..mac lin...we go now...

mc clintock...john wayne..

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why we like fan graphs...for collage....baseball.....this is there last article...2018......yeah..

but they sometimes...have a hrd time...keeping up with...MLB..and the minors...no joke..its a lot...and collage base ball..

would be bigger than that...so ok i get it...

we will juast use D1....its all good..

Archive for College​

Fall Equinox Draft Board Update

by Eric Longenhagen and Kiley McDaniel
September 24, 2018
The summer, rich with relevant amateur baseball, has ended. With it ends an important stretch on the player-evaluation calendar, one that is being weighed more heavily with each passing draft. We consider this checkpoint to be a sensible time to revisit our draft prospect rankings and make a sweeping update to the amateur wing of THE BOARD. A link to the 2019 draft board is here, but it can also be accessed through our brand new prospect landing page, which encompasses all of our content (shout-out to Sean Dolinar!) here.
Below we’ve attempted to anticipate some questions readers might have and to answer them as well as possible.
Q. Why is the summer so important for draft evaluation?
A. The high concentration of talent in collegiate wood-bat leagues and in scout-run high-school showcase events (which are designed to be evaluation-friendly) more closely approximates the talent environment of pro baseball. It’s hard to know if a high-school hitter facing a lot of suburban varsity, upper-70s fastballs is actually any good, but watch a prep hitter face Division I breaking balls and 90-plus mph fastballs for eight weeks, and you’re going to learn a lot about him.
Read the rest of this entry »

Far Too Many Scouting Notes on College Draft Prospects

by Kiley McDaniel
April 6, 2018
It’s been a little while since I emptied my scouting notebook of the draft prospects I’ve scouted, so I’ve split it into college and high-school portions. Below are all of the notable college draft prospects I’ve scouted in the last month, with thoughts on what I saw from them and how the industry views them. First, I’ll break down the prospects projected for the top two rounds, with embedded video. For reference, here are Eric and my preseason draft rankings, which will be updated soon. Below the likely first- and second-rounders are potential third- through sixth-rounds picks. Below that group is a collection of possible first- and second-rounders for the 2019 and 2020 drafts, the most recent rankings for which are available here.

Rounds One and Two​

Alec Bohm, 3B, Wichita State
Bohm was seen by most scouts before the season as a first-rounder but also the second-best prospect on his own team behind Greyson Jenista (below). This spring, Bohm has clearly overtaken his teammate and had some scouts whispering that he did some things like Kris Bryant the night I saw him against ECU. To be clear, Bohm isn’t seen as that level of a prospect just yet, but he isn’t as far away as you may think. He has 70 raw power and, even at 6-foot-4, 205 pounds, does a great job at the plate keeping his hands tucked in and limiting his hand load to keep his stroke short. Even with with that, he still can do things like hit an opposite-field home run with a flick of the wrist, as you can see in the above video.

Draft Notes: In-Person Scouting & Scuttlebutt Galore

by Kiley McDaniel
February 23, 2018
Both Eric and I will be posting in-person scouting reports on draft prospects we see throughout the spring. And through summer, too. And the fall, also, for that matter. Here is my first dispatch from Florida. Other will follow from where I am currently — namely, the Dominican Republic. (See my twitter account for real-time updates.) Here’s Eric’s recap of his first week watching amateur action in Arizona.
There’s been a good bit of draft news since our rankings dropped, so let’s run down the news before I get into the games I saw last weekend.
As I first reported (with an assist from Eric), the No. 3 overall prospect on our preseason board, Georgia prep RHP Ethan Hankins, left a start in the first inning with an arm injury that was later revealed to be a sore shoulder. It’s believed that this is just a minor setback that will be resolved with weeks of rehab, which shouldn’t severely impact his draft stock.
Some scouts with whom I spoke before Hankins’ injury were mildly concerned that his debut ranked third behind behind those of Florida prep righties Mason Denaburg and Carter Stewart. (more on those two below.) News regarding Hankins’ injury helps to explain his ineffectiveness, though. He’ll have plenty of time to get healthy and back on track. Here’s to hoping it’s as minor of an injury as expected.
We lost two notable college arms — Texas Tech LHP Stephen Gingery (a second- to third-round prospect) and Florida State LHP Tyler Holton (a performer with solid stuff who didn’t sign in last year’s draft as an eligible sophomore) — to torn UCLs over the weekend.
Beyond that, some quick hit notes from around the country:
  • No. 2 on our list, Arizona prep 3B Nolan Gorman, hit an opposite-field homer in his team’s first action last weekend.
  • Eric saw Oregon State this weekend and will see them again, so he’s holding off on writing about them, but it sounds like 2B Nick Madrigal (No. 6 on our list) and RF Trevor Larnach (No. 29) met and exceeded expectations, respectively, on opening weekend.
  • No. 7 on our list, Stetson RHP Logan Gilbert, featured stuff that was down a tick, but he was effective anyway (and it’s early). Another college pitcher and No. 8 prospect, Ole Miss LHP Ryan Rolison, apparently had a tick better stuff in his debut, flashing 55-60s not only on all three pitches but also his command. One scout described it as “a top-five-pick performance.” I also heard some buzz that the debut of a third collegiate, No. 18 Auburn RHP Casey Mize, was as impressive as his line, and he has some top-10 pick momentum now as well.
  • No. 9 prospect, California prep SS Brice Turang, went deep after fellow California prep RHP Cole Winn (who would’ve been in the 30s of our list if we went a little deeper) exited the game. Winn was 90-95 and touching 96 mph when he faced Turang. Winn is also known for having one of the highest-spin curveballs in the class, behind Notorious RPM Carter Stewart
  • No. 23 on our list, Florida prep CF Connor Scott may already be making that Austin Beck-esque move up the board we mentioned in the draft rankings, hitting a homer earlier this week and continuing to grow on scouts with his wide base of standout tools. Another prep arm, No. 22 RHP Kumar Rocker from Georgia, was solid in his season debut, working 94-98 mph for three innings.
  • No. 19 on our list, Oregon RHP Matt Mercer met expectations in his debut outing, with the expected above average four pitch mix and mid-90’s velocity. We’ve also heard from some scouts that it appears both No. 17 on our list South Alabama CF Travis Swaggerty and Oklahoma RF Steele Walker (just missed the top 30) have added more loft to their swings. Both weren’t really homer threats last summer for Team USA but hit homers this weekend playing in the same tournament in Myrtle Beach. Swaggerty and Walker both have enough raw power to move up boards if they can successfully make and sustain this adjustment.
  • Among players who just missed the top-30 group, Connecticut LHP Tim Cate has some big believers, while others think he’s just a smallish reliever, with one scout reserving judgment on his debut saying he was “just fine.” Stanford RHP Tristan Beck was healthy (a big accomplishment for him at this point), and his stuff was mostly back, which could land him in the middle of round one if he can do that for the rest of the spring.
  • Also, Florida State RHP Cole Sands was into the mid-90s in his debut, and scouts are telling me I need to get in to see the Seminoles to check out their likely new Friday starter (taking Holton’s spot), 2018-eligible bats OF Jackson Lueck and C Cal Raleigh, along with 2019-eligible 3B Drew Mendoza. In what already appeared to be a banner year for talent in Florida colleges and preps, things keeps getting better.
hole three-inning outing, pitching in front of 12 of the 30 scouting directors by my count. This was because Denaburg (below) was going in the nightcap at the same field as part of a PBR tournament and, the next day, Florida, Stetson, and USF would all be featuring top-15 type arms within driving distance. Stewart’s curveball wasn’t its normal self, more 50 to 55 with a couple 60s mixed in at 78-82 mph. For a long-limbed teenage pitcher in his season debut, however, throwing a consistently sharp curveball is a tall order.

Effectively Wild Episode 1807: The Principle of the Thing

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now if fan graphs..let..d1..use..there graph tool...hey.....yeah right never happpen...and i would not want graphs on every one..so.
we will just do it the old way........but some..day .....yeeeesss...sirr...yyy.........loloo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for fans..which i am one as well....and use this forum to see who i like in collage baseball...and see who i think the mariners should draft..
weare just internet...cowboys...the real...scouts...down in the trenches.....are who we use...for info....

and the web sites.....we like...it all good...and promotes...those ..collage players we like....and hope our team gets...and i know more people than mariners read it.....so all that said...wwwhhhooo ha...lets GOOOOOO...and may every team..get the guys they want..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to pac 12....we will recap arizonna and go from there..........most of arizonas guys got drafted..we wont go through that.
but lets see who is left..from last years team..and who had good stats then...

bullard..isthe guy ilike for the mariners...a 3B..and athletic...im sure he could play 1B aswell...

INFIELD 6'4"

TONY BULLARD

JUNIOR RIVERSIDE, CALIF. JW NORTH HS

CATCHER 6'4"

DANIEL SUSAC...is the star of the show.....for arizona....so..far​

SOPHOMORE ROSEVILLE, CALIF. JESUIT HS
FULL BIO

INFIELD 5'9"

NIK MCCLAUGHRY

JUNIOR ROCKLIN, CALIF. ROCKLIN HS
FULL BIO

OUTFIELD 5'11"

MAC BINGHAM

SOPHOMORE SAN DIEGO, CALIF. TORREY PINES HS
FULL BIO
RIGHT-HANDED PITCHER 6'4"

QUINN FLANAGAN

JUNIOR CHANDLER, ARIZ. CORONA DEL SOL HS

quinn is the only pitcher...who had an era...under...4.00...and more..strike outs tan innings...so..those are 2 things needed..for us to keep an eye on these..guys...........
and when guys....are haveing good stats...we may add..them..to the pool.....sophes and juniors...more so....that is it for arizona..on to arizoa state..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we mostly...will post starting pitchers....for now...cuz bull pen guys are for..real scouts to say...unless..they have numbers like...ahhh
ok an example..

4Luna, Gil1.691.131-014-000-0121.11354113121073.17841101
26Vannelle, Vince2.781.425-326-000-1832.13414101238502127.26811115

vannelle is good....

luna....is really goood

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arizona state..................

INFIELDER 5'11" 170 LBS R/R

SEAN MCLAIN.....mclaine..is starshow....​

REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE TUSTIN, CALIF. ARNOLD D. BECKMAN
Ethan Long
INFIELDER 6'2" 215 LBS R/R

ETHAN LONG....long is starshow..as well​

SOPHOMORE GILBERT, ARIZ. MOUNTAIN POINTE
FULL BIO

OUTFIELDER 6'3" 190 LBS L/R

KADE HIGGINS

SOPHOMORE LAS VEGAS, NEV. SPRING VALLEY
FULL BIO

CATCHER/UTILITY 6'1" 191 LBS R/R

NATE BAEZ

REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE ORO VALLEY, ARIZ. IRONWOOD RIDGE
FULL BIO

OUTFIELDER/LEFT-HANDED PITCHER 5'8" 173 LBS L/L

KAI MURPHY

REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE MESA, ARIZ. RED MOUNTAIN OREGON STATE
FULL BIO
OUTFIELDER 6'1" 185 LBS L/R

JOE LAMPE

REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE PETALUMA, CALIF. CASA GRANDE SANTA ROSA
FULL BIO

INFIELDER 6'0" 170 LBS R/R

HUNTER HAAS

SOPHOMORE PHOENIX, ARIZ. CORONA DEL SOL
FULL BIO

and manager.....a guy a lot ..mariners fans know....that is why we will post him...
Willie Bloomquist

HEAD COACH
WILLIE BLOOMQUIST
FULL BIO

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of arizona states guys return...they should do well....now there pitchers...did not have my critria stats..last year ..so moveing on.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 PAC-12 BASEBALL ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM...guys we should....watch this year..

Jacob BerryArizona3BFr.Queen Creek, Ariz.
Dylan BeaversCalifornia OFSo.Paso Robles, Calif.
Will FrischOregon StateRHPFr.Stillwater, Minn.
Brock JonesStanfordOFSo.Fresno, Calif.
Ethan LongArizona StateRHP/IFFr.Gilbert, Ariz.
Matt McClainUCLAIFJr.Tustin, Calif.
Daniel SusacArizonaCFr.Roseville, Calif.
defence
Joe LampeArizona StateOFR-Fr.Petaluma, Calif.
i think..lampe..can hit as well...we will see
Hunter HaasArizona StateIFFr.Phoenix, Ariz.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEAN MCLAIN.....mclaine..is starshow.......but he is not...matt....one demarit.....aaaahh..

im not a robot......im a human...........wwwwhhhatt....one more...demarit.....eeeaahh..

no punishment ..................,this...time..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oldeeeee...but a gooodie..if you remeber it...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TYSON GUERRERO
Tyson Guerrero mug

• POSITION Pitcher
  • HEIGHT 6-1
  • CLASS Redshirt Sophomore
  • HOMETOWN Chehalis, Wash.
  • PREV SCHOOL Washington State / Lower Columbia CC
  • HIGHSCHOOL W.F. West
Guerrero, Tyson2.961.243-311-1100-0054.250251818501304207.24218004
2021 (RS-Sophomore): Very successful in first season at Washington ... Third among qualified Pac-12 pitchers and led UW staff with 2.96 ERA ... Started all 11 games he appeared in, with seven starts coming in Pac-12 play ... threw season-high 111 pitches in 5.2 innings ( to pick up win against Washington State (5/28) in last start of the season
Coach Meggs on Guerrero: Tyson has emerged as one of the best left-handed pitchers in the Northwest. He has a plus-plus fastball with great feel for the breaking ball. And with the ability to throw three pitches for strikes, we expect Tyson to compete for Friday night innings. Tyson is also a proven hitter with extra-base power who can play the outfield. He is a legitimate Pac-12 two-way guy who when he arrives on Montlake has a chance to help us win a Pac-12 Championship.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2022 University of Washington baseball team on January 24, 2022. (Photography by Scott Eklund/Red Box Pictures)

37JACK ENGER​

• POSITION Pitcher
  • HEIGHT 6-4
  • CLASS Redshirt Senior
  • HOMETOWN Bellevue, Wash.
  • HIGHSCHOOL Bellevue HS

Pitching Statistics​

Career Pitching Statistics
SeasonERAWLAPPGSCGSHOSVIPHRERBBSO2B3BHRBFBAVGWPHBPBKSFASHA
Total3.1772411000099.176393546119708416.212102236

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but

4BRYCE ARMSTRONG

• POSITION Pitcher
  • HEIGHT 6-4
  • CLASS Sophomore
  • HOMETOWN Corning, Calif.
  • PREV SCHOOL Butte CC
i guess montana i dont know
  • WASHINGTON
    2022 (Sophomore):

BUTTE COLLEGE
    2021:
    Named Golden Valley Conference Pitcher of the Year for 2021 season ... Appeared in seven games, making six starts en route to a perfect 7-0 record on the mound for Butte College ... Had an ERA of 2.35 in 38.1 innings of work, while striking out 41 batters to nine walks.
  • HIGHSCHOOL Corning HS
    The 2022 University of Washington baseball team on January 24, 2022. (Photography by Scott Eklund/Red Box Pictures)

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

31ADAM BLOEBAUM

• POSITION Pitcher
  • HEIGHT 6-5
  • CLASS Redshirt Sophomore
  • HOMETOWN Raleigh, N.C.
  • PREV SCHOOL Pittsburgh
  • HIGHSCHOOL Cardinal Gibbons HS

2021 (RS-Freshman): Emerged as consistent Sunday starter for UW pitching staff in first season on campus ... One of three UW pitchers with double-digit starts (10) ... ranked second on team with 60.2 IP ... Finished season with 2-5 record in 18 games, posting a 4.15 ERA and 1.24 WHIP ... Earned win in home finale against Utah, striking out five batters in 5.1 innings and giving up 3 earned runs (5/23) ... Delivered a quality start against California, giving up just 1 run in 6.0 innings (5/2) ... Helped lead UW to a sweep of Texas State with 6.1 innings of 1 R (0 ER) ball in the series finale, striking out six and earning first win as a Husky (4/18) ... Struck out four batters in one inning against Arizona State, finishing relief outing with 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 BB and 6 SO (4/9) ... Locked down save to clinch series win at No. 9 UCLA, striking out three batters in 1.0 IP (4/2) ... Was dominant in first start of the season, going 6.0 IP and striking out 10 batters with no walks and just two hits in a no decision against UT Rio Grande Valley (3/1) ... Earned first save of the season, pitching 1.2 innings of scoreless ball against UT Rio Grande Valley (2/27)

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1645090120776.png

38RYAN VELAZQUEZ

• POSITION Pitcher
  • HEIGHT 6-4
  • CLASS Senior
  • HOMETOWN Canovanas, Puerto Rico