• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Canucks at Bruins | 1pm ET | 1/7 | on NHLN

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to receive a direct shot to the head in order to sustain a concussion. That's a moot point however, because it looked to me like Salo's head hit the ice pretty hard.

I realize that, however I think the league has taken this head shot stuff to far. Many of the penalties called in todays game were never called 10-15 years ago. If the players were allowed to police themselves players like Marchand & Burrows wouldn't be doing any of this stuff.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted, McGinn plays dirty as well, so it's all the same.

All I'm saying is, Boston and Vancouver both have annoying players that play on the edge.....just like the other 28 teams.

Big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just trying to keep this thread rolling along... Bruins’ Brad Marchand’s claim that he was just protecting himself is nonsense

If we run out of steam, we can also discuss Thornton trying to engage Weise in a fight, very shortly after Weise had already fought Horton.
one of those rules of 'the code'... if a guy has fought in the period, you don't ask him to go again.
not now... just if the thread slows down we can get to this.

Weiss, Weisse, Weise, whatever the fuck was talking shit to a fellow Canuck, Thornton chimed in, and Weise felt he had some big balls and acted as if he wanted to go. Thornton "manned up", and Weise backed down like a little Canuck pussy.

that was when Weise and Horton paired off.
two shifts later, Thornton tries to get Weise to go again.
Thornton is a legit fighter. he should know better.

we can't win, can we. If no one steps in, we are pussies... if everyone piles on, we are pussies too.
make up your mind.

No one steps = Pussy

Gang style jumping = Pussies

One on one fight = A man

All in all, mind made up.

Canucks might be pussies. Bruins might be assholes. Pretty soon some dick is going to come along. And sure, dicks fuck pussies, but dicks also fuck assholes!!

Need a little extra lube I'd imagine. :eek2:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted, McGinn plays dirty as well, so it's all the same.

All I'm saying is, Boston and Vancouver both have annoying players that play on the edge.....just like the other 28 teams.

Big deal.

the thing about it is Ballard got Mcginn with a hipcheck ... ie Ballard used his hip

Marchand didnt even throw a hipcheck ... he ducked down and led with his shoulder into salos lower body and then cleaned him out ... dont know if this has been mentioned cause I havent read this thread in its entirety (dont think i will either lol)

BigBadDup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I recall, the rule is to wait two periods after he fights, and then break his neck. :whistle:

Surprised the Avs haven't retired Steve Moore's jersey. He's not that far off the number of games and points that Ray Bourque had in that same uniform

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my two cents.

Marchand's play was super dirty. He drives through Salo's lower body.

THAT IS NOT DEFENDING YOURSELF.

He was trying to, at best, piss off the Canucks and, at worst, hurt another player. He should get a game or two, IMO.

That being said Salo is one of the few Canucks who doesn't make me vomit a little in my own mouth these days; if it had been Lapierre :puke: maybe I'd think differently.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said Salo is one of the few Canucks who doesn't make me vomit a little in my own mouth these days; if it had been Lapierre :puke: maybe I'd think differently.

the thing about it is ,,, the stuff the canucks pests do is the ancillary stuff ... yes i admit it dishonourable stuff and they end up wearing that badge of disrespect amongst other players around the league

but cmon man people were saying yesterday "Lapierre finally fought"

well he's fought 5 times this year

the hair pulling, the biting, the diving is bad

is the slew footing, elbowing to the head and driving at guys knees better?

seems like one tact is trying to maim people and the other is just being a bitch on the ice ... unless you thnk burrows will spread rabies :)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing about it is ,,, the stuff the canucks pests do is the ancillary stuff ... yes i admit it dishonourable stuff and they end up wearing that badge of disrespect amongst other players around the league

but cmon man people were saying yesterday "Lapierre finally fought"

well he's fought 5 times this year

the hair pulling, the biting, the diving is bad

is the slew footing, elbowing to the head and driving at guys knees better?

seems like one tact is trying to maim people and the other is just being a bitch on the ice ... unless you thnk burrows will spread rabies :)

My distaste for the Canucks this year has actually come from them whining about every hit (clean ones mind you) when they employ several cheap players themselves.

I have a love/hate thing with the Canucks right now. For all the whining and mouthing off that Bieksa, Burrows and Kesler have done, I love honest hockey players like Salo, Edler, the twins, Hansen, Malhotra, Hodgson etc.

Meh. In my case the windbags are the vocal majority who make me dislike the current Canucks.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2ih1n9t.jpg

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this vid. Of course this vid has the Boston announcers and yes they are homers.

It compiles most of the nasty play that occurred including a low hip check by Ballard I might add. The slow motion of the first scrum tells the entire story of the Vancouver organization in my mind. 6 players jumping into a scrum at the Vancouver bench on Thornton SIX players. LaPierre the complete fraud and coward he is jumps in while 4 others have Thornton locked up.

Please try and defend this cowardly team. The Vancouver Canucks are a bunch of cowards and a disgrace to hockey.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does that video include the butt end Tim Thomas threw at Malhotra?

BigBadDup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bruins fans STILL whining about the refs? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Boston got off with so many non-calls and non-suspensions while Daddy Campbell was in charge of discipline it wasn't even funny. They're so used to EVERY call going their way that when one doesn't they're completely shocked. Can't blame them when Daddy Campbell had their back for far too long.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not even going to look for the dirty things that the bruins have done and continue to do which are JUST as dirty as the canucks. its pointless as the bruins fans only see it one way and one way only.

"The only reason our team does is because the canucks do it first.. blah blah blah"

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins fans STILL whining about the refs? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Boston got off with so many non-calls and non-suspensions while Daddy Campbell was in charge of discipline it wasn't even funny. They're so used to EVERY call going their way that when one doesn't they're completely shocked. Can't blame them when Daddy Campbell had their back for far too long.

I do not recall whining about the refs. Was the game poorly officiated yes I think both sides would agree on that but that has nothing to do with the FACT the Canucks are cowards.

Give me a break with the Daddy Capbell shit too. That argument is lame.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for sure is that this thread is as epic as the game on Saturday :D

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not even going to look for the dirty things that the bruins have done and continue to do which are JUST as dirty as the canucks. its pointless as the bruins fans only see it one way and one way only.

"The only reason our team does is because the canucks do it first.. blah blah blah"

Mattola,

I did not say that the Bruins played a clean game in any way shape or form. Marchands hit was low and probably deserves a suspension. I said that way back on like page 2 LOL