• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 New England Patriots vs Cleveland Browns Sunday, October 16, 2022 1:00 PM

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

#Patriots RB Damien Harris is likely to miss multiple games because of the hamstring injury he suffered in Sunday's win over the #Lions, per source. Still getting tests, but the expectation is he'll be out for a bit.
If he did not pull the tendon from the muscle or bone, likely 2-3 weeks.
If he did pull it loose, most of the time it is immediate surgery.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell...of course.
I still think Mac will be, at the very least, a very very good QB.

For me, I don't like the dancing and celebrating TD's when behind in the game. Especially in games with multi int's. Celebrate a a win

I absolutely loathe the dancing shit. Gronk looked dumb as fuck. So does Mac.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely loathe the dancing shit. Gronk looked dumb as fuck. So does Mac.

I didn't mind when Gronk did it, I actually thought it was funny as hell, but that's because we were usually winning when he did it.

Seems like the only thing Mac learned from Cam in their brief time together was how to celebrate while losing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strong is on the active roster jj and kevin are not
As of yesterday the Patriots had three RBs on the 53 man roster.

Harris, Stevenson and Strong

Since he can only have 48 players dress for a game, Harris will be inactive and Strong will be activated. Once they know for sure how long Harris is sidelined, they'll possibly IR him and open a spot. My guess would be that the rookie Harris gets moved up.

Missing 3-6 weeks will kill Damien Harris's pursuit of a big paycheck next spring. Last thing a RB needs is a bad wheel.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady
Cassell
Garoppolo
Brissett
Zappe

Aaron Rodgers is the only other quarterback in the last 20 seasons to finish with an 80-plus completion percentage, 100-plus passer rating and one or fewer INTs on 20-plus pass attempts in his first career start

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady
Cassell
Garoppolo
Brissett
Zappe

Aaron Rodgers is the only other quarterback in the last 20 seasons to finish with an 80-plus completion percentage, 100-plus passer rating and one or fewer INTs on 20-plus pass attempts in his first career start

After much contemplation I've decided to put all my chips in on Bailey Zappe as our future QB. I know I know I know. It was one game against the lowly Lions defense in which our defense stepped up huge as did our running game. But still:

His college career is impressive and he has displayed the characteristics of a winner.

p.s. the year Cassel started the Pats were nearly unstoppable going down the stretch. If not for that fucking wildcat game the Pats would've been in the playoff's where they were capable of beating anybody at that point of the season with Cassel at the helm.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After much contemplation I've decided to put all my chips in on Bailey Zappe as our future QB. I know I know I know. It was one game against the lowly Lions defense in which our defense stepped up huge as did our running game. But still:

His college career is impressive and he has displayed the characteristics of a winner.

p.s. the year Cassel started the Pats were nearly unstoppable going down the stretch. If not for that fucking wildcat game the Pats would've been in the playoff's where they were capable of beating anybody at that point of the season with Cassel at the helm.
LMAO Impressive college career at Houston Baptist and 1 year at Western Kentucky.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haa!!!

I think the idea was that Bill can really identify and coach QB talent where others cannot and that Zappe's performance on Sunday was not a fluke because of that.
Not because he will be the next TB 12, but because the game has not passed BB by as some would suggest.

Bill has drafted or recruited many starting caliber QB's in the later rounds. Even undrafted Hoyer has a better resume than some 1st round "talents".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB's only weakness drafting has been WR. Considering that, he still has an eye for talent or someone with talent that needs to be honed.

He's even weak at picking up veteran WR talent. Moss was a "can't miss" but he's clunked with guys like Galloway, Agholor and Johnson. Even TB12 couldn't find a drop of talent with Galloway, Johnson, Dobson, Floyd, Tate and the list goes on.

Grabbing guys like Welker, Amendola and Hogan was great.

Drafting guys like Branch, Edelman was exceptional.

In all honesty, I'll take that weakness as long he can draft or sign the other 24, including the STers.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB's only weakness drafting has been WR. Considering that, he still has an eye for talent or someone with talent that needs to be honed.

He's even weak at picking up veteran WR talent. Moss was a "can't miss" but he's clunked with guys like Galloway, Agholor and Johnson. Even TB12 couldn't find a drop of talent with Galloway, Johnson, Dobson, Floyd, Tate and the list goes on.

In all honesty, I'll take that weakness as long he can draft or sign the other 24, including the STers.

Wait. I thought you wanted Bill fired immediately? He's too old and the game has past him by? No?

:)

Outside of 2006(ol bug eyes season) and the last few seasons I think we've had some pretty solid receivers during Bill's tenure. Other than Moss we've never had a "superstar" but apparently Bill prefers to go for the serviceable guys and spend the money elsewhere. It's worked out pretty well.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His greatest weakness is WR.

He also has a history of reaching for DB's though many of them have fared well while some have clung to and produced nothing.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all BB does well, we all have to remember he was historically drafting late in rounds when talent was depleted. He is a master of the draft though. How many times have we seen him trade a player on the crest of being on the downside to pick up mid round pics. How many times have we seen his value the draft depth to give up one early round pick in exchange for three mid round picks