• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #4 NE Patriots vs Dallas Cowboys Sunday October 1, 2023 4:25 PM FOX

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB attempted to build an Oline from FA. Unfortunately it's not working out
Not true. Bill did not bring in Reiff or Anderson until after FA and the draft. He did what he always does, he picked the leftovers.
Sometimes leftovers can be as good as they were for the main meal. Most often, they're a bit off.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tore it for Belichick? What a trooper! He fell to us because team’s questioned his tackling ability. Well looks like they were right. He tried tackling and hurt himself. Now he’s done for awhile.

Defense was not a priority. Offense is. How many tackles does White and Mapu have? Barely more than me.

Maybe Folk wasn’t kicking it out of the end zone but he sure as hell was making fg’s. But let’s waste picks on a kicker and punter. But yeah… let’s wait 5 years for him to maybe make a memorable kick like Adam.
He fell because of his supposed willingness to tackle. But nice try. Sure, he won D Player of the month because he can't tackle.

Sure thing.

Many on this board and around the talking heads had CB as a top priority.

Yeah, wait until your kicker is done then find a replacement...

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, wait until your kicker is done then find a replacement...

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

There’s a reason why kickers don’t get drafted. Or especially even traded up for. How did that last kicker we drafted do Sparky??

Nick Folk is the 5th ranked kicker right now. 10 for 10 on FG’s long of 53

Our high drafted kicker is 4-7 long of 51. But hey… he can bang ‘‘em into the end zone.

Great move letting our team MVP go.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a reason why kickers don’t get drafted. Or especially even traded up for. How did that last kicker we drafted do Sparky??

Nick Folk is the 5th ranked kicker right now. 10 for 10 on FG’s long of 53

Our high drafted kicker is 4-7 long of 51. But hey… he can bang ‘‘em into the end zone.

Great move letting our team MVP go.

He's a rookie. He'll get it. It appears we do not have to worry about a kicker or a punter for five years. When thinking long term, it was the right move to make.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a rookie. He'll get it. It appears we do not have to worry about a kicker or a punter for five years. When thinking long term, it was the right move to make.
There are 5 rookie kickers in the NFL. 3 were drafted. 2 were not. Guess which 2 as of right now are top 10 kickers? The undrafted. Our boy is dead last as rookie kickers go. Good kickers can be had without wasting a draft pick. And in our case, we traded up for our guy. So, we wasted 2 picks on a kicker while we had a serviceable kicker already on our roster. I’d rather use the 3 picks we used on our kicker and punter and took a shot at more o-linemen or wr’s.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even our punter(granted he was a6th round pick) is struggling. 5 punters were drafted and he’s 3rd out of the 5. But he’s ranked 25rh in the league. We got lucky with Douglas and Boutte in the 6th. Maybe we could have gotten lucky again with the pick we used on our guy.

And to say we are set for the next 5 years…… I doubt it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 5 rookie kickers in the NFL. 3 were drafted. 2 were not. Guess which 2 as of right now are top 10 kickers? The undrafted. Our boy is dead last as rookie kickers go. Good kickers can be had without wasting a draft pick. And in our case, we traded up for our guy. So, we wasted 2 picks on a kicker while we had a serviceable kicker already on our roster. I’d rather use the 3 picks we used on our kicker and punter and took a shot at more o-linemen or wr’s.
Lets do the math
Pick #14 for picks #17 and #120.

Pick # 17 for CG

Picks #120 and #184 for Pick #112

Pick #112 for CR.

So Picks #14 and #184 for Gonzales and Ryland.

Not nearly the catastrophe you're trying to make it out to be.

And Folk is old. Every kick is a roll of the dice. If he got hurt you would be blasting Bill for not drafting a kicker sooner when he had the chance.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Bill's history with WRs, Boutte and Douglas appear to above and beyond.
Gonzalez was questioned not about his ability to tackle, but his willingness to stick his nose into a WR. He's got his arm caught in a bad position and he's made tackles every game including a blitz sack.

This single biggest problem right now is the offensive line. Doesn't matter who is on the right side at Guard or Tackle. They all SUCK. It's not one play, it's every play, be it a tun or a pass. They all SUCK. Hell, there must be ten or fifteen guys who were bypassed in the draft who could at least open a hole for a RB. I even call for an open tryout for RT and RG. You never know who might show up.

These guys are available. Why not bring them in and give them a tryout??

Offensive Line​

Don’t try to understand why Dalton Risner is still a free agent. You’ll just end up looking like the meme of people with mathematical equations spinning around their heads. The other interior blockers on the list are of the backup variety, or they are at or approaching their mid-30s.

1) La’el Collins
2) Ben Jones
3) Rodney Hudson
4) Rodger Saffold
5) Austin Blythe

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets do the math
Pick #14 for picks #17 and #120.

Pick # 17 for CG

Picks #120 and #184 for Pick #112

Pick #112 for CR.

So Picks #14 and #184 for Gonzales and Ryland.

Not nearly the catastrophe you're trying to make it out to be.

And Folk is old. Every kick is a roll of the dice. If he got hurt you would be blasting Bill for not drafting a kicker sooner when he had the chance.

He’s old but 10-10. Do the math Sparky…. 10-10 is better than 4-7.

Spin the draft pick thing however you want . We still traded up and spent 2 picks on a kicker. Don’t give a shit we got an extra pick for trading back and getting Gonzalez. 2 picks Sparky for as of right now the leagues worst kicker.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Bill's history with WRs, Boutte and Douglas appear to above and beyond.
Gonzalez was questioned not about his ability to tackle, but his willingness to stick his nose into a WR.

Isn’t that tackling?? Sure sounds like it to me

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s old but 10-10. Do the math Sparky…. 10-10 is better than 4-7.
Until he's not. Then you'll still criticize Bill, not for being ahead of the curve, but for being too far ahead?? Spanky.
Spin the draft pick thing however you want . We still traded up and spent 2 picks on a kicker. Don’t give a shit we got an extra pick for trading back and getting Gonzalez. 2 picks Sparky for as of right now the leagues worst kicker.
No Spin. Facts. Exact facts. Facts that you continue to spin for your doomsday gloom.

Spanky.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until he's not. Then you'll still criticize Bill, not for being ahead of the curve, but for being too far ahead?? Spanky.

No Spin. Facts. Exact facts. Facts that you continue to spin for your doomsday gloom.

Spanky.
My God you are a fucking idiot. Guess he should have traded Brady and Gronk and everyone else before their time? Planning for the future right? Derp!!!

And you are the one saying we didn’t trade up and essentially use 2 picks on a kicker. Picks 120 and 184 for 112. That’s 2! Can you count that high dipshit? Doesn’t look like it. Derp!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God you are a fucking idiot. Guess he should have traded Brady and Gronk and everyone else before their time? Planning for the future right? Derp!!!

And you are the one saying we didn’t trade up and essentially use 2 picks on a kicker. Picks 120 and 184 for 112. That’s 2! Can you count that high dipshit? Doesn’t look like it. Derp!
Those that turn to insults in an escalating manner in order to win a debate know that they have lost.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that turn to insults in an escalating manner in order to win a debate know that they have lost.
I call it as I see it. If someone’s a fucking idiot…. They’re a fucking idiot(you)

Stick to girls soccer Sparky. That’s more your speed..

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haa Haa!!!

Yeah usually.

No, actually our girls have had a good run this year. Let me recap;

White House High W 9-0 Mercy Rule
Green Hills High T 3-3
Springfield High W 9-0 Mercy Rule
Davidson Academy W 10-3
North East High W 10-1 Mercy Rule
Lipscomb Academy L 1-9
West Creek High W 3-1
Hillsboro High W 8-3
Northwest High W 7-1
Kirkwood High W 9-0 Mercy Rule
Dickson County W 6-1
Clarksville High W 4-0
Liberty Creek W 4-2.

Mercy rule is when there is a 9 point goal differential they stop the game. Those games and the other high point spread games can get very chippy.

We are in first place in our district and have 1 more game to go before playoffs begin. We won district for the first time last year. We went to regionals and won that, again first for both. and lost in state finals. And I say "We" because I bring Gatorades to every home and away game and I run the announcing Booth for Home games and my wife is the Booster Club Secretary.

My point was more to the fact that people who are competitive do not like losing.
The competitive nature of High School Sports is not what it is in College Sports. Colleges recruit the most competitive and talented players out of high school. There are Millions of high schoolers who only wish they were competitive enough to make it to college. Then there are Only a few hundred that make it from the hundreds of thousands in college to the pros.

If you don't think that an elite athlete that has dedicated two decades of there life or more to give a frustrated fuck you chip shot to someone who is embarrassing them in the sport that they think they are at the top of...you are either out of touch or just a casual observer.
I know many of you have been patiently waiting for an update...

So the Liberty Creek game left us with 3 girls injured, two done for the remainder of the season it looks and one sidelined for a couple weeks.
We did go on to beat Page High School 2-1. Page was the '21 and '22 state champs for 2AA and moved up to 2AAA this year.

That was the last game of the regular season.
District Semi Finals was last night and we beat Springfield again 9-0, mercy rule with about 5 minutes left.
Tonight will be District Championship game and we are the #1 seed facing the #2 seed Clarksville High who we beat 4-0 just a few weeks ago.
This will not be the same game though, as their primary weapon was absolutely shut down by one of he girls that is probably out for the rest of the season.
Their primary weapon is GOOD. My daughter played travel ball with her for a few years. She has been in an Olympic Development Program, and is a little spitfire that plays with abandon.

Who gets to cover her tonight?
My daughter. Wish her the best!!