• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #4 NE Patriots vs Dallas Cowboys Sunday October 1, 2023 4:25 PM FOX

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far in the was-it-Brady-or-Belichick? debate, Brady's clearly way ahead.

The only progress is that I was done with Newton before the first game. Done with Jones after giving him a shot. The kid's got nothin'.

Belichick needs a franchise QB again; it's as simple as that.
As stupid as it may sound, Bill should have brought in Aaron Rodgers when he had a chance.

And no, I am not a fan of Rodgers.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gunning for #1 overall pick.

Who's the Trever Lawrence/Andrew Luck of the '24 draft?
And hopefully Krafts blow Belichick out, guy sucks as a GM/HC DC he is great

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forced myself to watch till half time and at that point told my wife Jones needed to be benched.

He's trying to be Mahomes with the scrambling and heroic throws. He's not.

He needs to learn how to throw it away.

Amongst other things he needs to learn.

Listen I get Mac getting bashed as he should but can we please actually start to bash the REAL problem here..... Belichick! HE got this team together and put all the "pieces" together... Actually become an offensive minded coach instead of, "we will win with defense" Days of that are long gone! Sure having a great defense IS important but you also MUST actually score from your OFFENSE

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen I get Mac getting bashed as he should but can we please actually start to bash the REAL problem here..... Belichick! HE got this team together and put all the "pieces" together... Actually become an offensive minded coach instead of, "we will win with defense" Days of that are long gone! Sure having a great defense IS important but you also MUST actually score from your OFFENSE

I remember when Bledsoe was our QB and everybody thought the Patriots sucked. Then, one switch at one position and everything changed.

I know I know I know, TB12 is a once in a lifetime gift. Still, a decent QB with leadership skills would have us in a much better position.

It's not that Mac's a terrible QB. He's just a terrible leader.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Bledsoe was our QB and everybody thought the Patriots sucked. Then, one switch at one position and everything changed.

I know I know I know, TB12 is a once in a lifetime gift. Still, a decent QB with leadership skills would have us in a much better position.

It's not that Mac's a terrible QB. He's just a terrible leader.

Well he is excellent at the nut cup

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to read all you guys posts but I just could not do it after this game. Next!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. Shit splatters up hill and Belichick is in direct line of fire. He is HC and GM.

But BB did not fumble the ball. OK, hit from behind could have happened to any one. BB did not throw a pick 6 across the field followed closely by bouncing the ball of the numbers of another defender. Literally.

Yeah Bill and Bobby O' have some skin in the game...such as calling a QB sneak from 2 yards out...but Mac just flat sucked last night.

He may have been a decent accurate passer in college, but his lack of arm strength has no defenses scared of anything beyond shallow.
He's fucked.
I doubt there will be a Mac Jones 2024 season in the NFL.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel it does all come down to Belichick. Our defense was fine last year. What does he do in the draft… first 3 picks go defense. He has not surrounded Mac with any talent what so ever. In 3 years Mac is on his 3rd OC. Mac is a smug douche. No doubt about it. But he has zero and I mean zero help on offense. Add in the fact that our entire o-line has been hurt. I think a lot of it is Mac trying to hard. He doesn’t have an elite arm but tries some pretty bad throws. Zappe is not the answer. That dude flat out blows.

There are a couple elite WR’s to hit free agency. Belichick better suck it up and pay these guys. Won’t be cheap. Excellent players aren’t.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a couple elite WR’s to hit free agency. Belichick better suck it up and pay these guys. Won’t be cheap. Excellent players aren’t.
That may be but Mac does not have the arm to hit a fast moving downfield target..

Then again, below is the list of 2024 Free Agent QBs, including Bailry Zappe

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel it does all come down to Belichick. Our defense was fine last year. What does he do in the draft… first 3 picks go defense.
Defensive player of the month out of a Rookie plus a new kicker with 1 pick.

Bad Bill. Bad bad Bill.

And while I mostly agree with you, I'm not sure elite receiver is the answer when our QB either overthrows them, under throws them or throws into triple coverage.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be but Mac does not have the arm to hit a fast moving downfield target..

Then again, below is the list of 2024 Free Agent QBs, including Bailry Zappe

I'll trade you a JuJu Smith-Shyster for a Mike Evans please and draft QB?

Shit, I'd even bring in Baker Mayfield for a year or two before I kept Mac.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive player of the month out of a Rookie plus a new kicker with 1 pick.

Bad Bill. Bad bad Bill.

And while I mostly agree with you, I'm not sure elite receiver is the answer when our QB either overthrows them, under throws them or throws into triple coverage.

How is that rookie DB doing for us now? Get a WR who can actually get some separation and those throws might not look so bad. Draft an OLineman instead of scrubs in the 5th round and hope you can convert them from a guard to a tackle. Folk was just fine. Our MVP over the last 3 years. Want to compare his performance so far compared to our rookie.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. Shit splatters up hill and Belichick is in direct line of fire. He is HC and GM.

But BB did not fumble the ball. OK, hit from behind could have happened to any one. BB did not throw a pick 6 across the field followed closely by bouncing the ball of the numbers of another defender. Literally.

Yeah Bill and Bobby O' have some skin in the game...such as calling a QB sneak from 2 yards out...but Mac just flat sucked last night.

He may have been a decent accurate passer in college, but his lack of arm strength has no defenses scared of anything beyond shallow.
He's fucked.
I doubt there will be a Mac Jones 2024 season in the NFL.

Yes Mac fucked up, period he did... No question there. However, who built this team? Who built this OL? Who got there "receivers?"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of blame to go around.

BB attempted to build an Oline from FA. Unfortunately it's not working out due to multiple reasons. I can't fault his draft. If he went Oline early we don't get Gonzo a position of need as well. No Keion White nor Mapu. Who are both playing well. It wasn't until the 4th round BB tried to address the Oline. At that point it's crap shoot. Would any of you change the first two picks for an Olineman? Would you go T or G? Who would you have taken over Gonzo quite possibly the steal of the draft or White?

As for going offense we know he can't find WRs in the draft. Ju Ju is what it is. I didn't think he was an upgrade over Bourne minus vet expirence. So who's to blame he apparently has a bum knee and a QB who currently may not be able to hit a WR in high school. Bourne having a great year on a team with a better OL and QB. Hindsight 50/50.

Mac was hailed for his decision making coming out of school. Year one he displayed that. WTF happened. Did Judge and Matty P screw him up that bad? His decisions are terrible. Throwing across the field. Throwing into coverage. Running when he shouldn't and not running when he should. Who's to blame? Jones, Oline, WRs. BOB, BB.

Unfortunately, it's not just one thing.

Hell tank this year and get a high pick that BB will trade away so he can draft a kicker from a community college in the 2nd round.

Can't believe I'm already looking forward to next years' draft and FA period.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that rookie DB doing for us now?
WTF...Is that the best you got??? Fuckin Bill drafted a CB and then tore his labrum for him?
Get a WR who can actually get some separation and those throws might not look so bad.
What if he was injured? Bills fault?
Draft an OLineman instead of scrubs in the 5th round and hope you can convert them from a guard to a tackle.
What if injuries happen here too??? OMG!!! Bills fault!!!
Folk was just fine.
And old. If he got injured ala Gostkowski you'd be blasting Bill for not drafting a kicker for the future sooner.
Our MVP over the last 3 years. Want to compare his performance so far compared to our rookie.
Look at Vinitari. He sucked for his first 5-6 years in the league and then he won a SB. Or two? Maybe???

How's that rookie doing now??? He's injured. See, Bill sucks ass water...He did that on purpose...

Fuck. Me. Running.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Mac fucked up, period he did... No question there. However, who built this team? Who built this OL? Who got there "receivers?"
From the post you quoted: "Belichick is in direct line of fire. He is HC and GM."

Is there more to the question?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF...Is that the best you got??? Fuckin Bill drafted a CB and then tore his labrum for him?

He tore it for Belichick? What a trooper! He fell to us because team’s questioned his tackling ability. Well looks like they were right. He tried tackling and hurt himself. Now he’s done for awhile.

Defense was not a priority. Offense is. How many tackles does White and Mapu have? Barely more than me.

Maybe Folk wasn’t kicking it out of the end zone but he sure as hell was making fg’s. But let’s waste picks on a kicker and punter. But yeah… let’s wait 5 years for him to maybe make a memorable kick like Adam.