• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How quickly things change.

A year ago before we signed Harbaugh our front office and organization was considered one of the biggest jokes in the league.

Now suddenly we're one of the best run organizations in the league.

No matter how the Manning thing plays out I'll say we handled the whole thing as perfectly as you can and if we lose out on Manning it won't be because of something we didn't/did do.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly things change.

A year ago before we signed Harbaugh our front office and organization was considered one of the biggest jokes in the league.

Now suddenly we're one of the best run organizations in the league.

No matter how the Manning thing plays out I'll say we handled the whole thing as perfectly as you can and if we lose out on Manning it won't be because of something we didn't/did do.

I think that might have been the perception by some of the fans on this board but I'm not sure it was seen that way around the league.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that might have been the perception by some of the fans on this board but I'm not sure it was seen that way around the league.

Completely disagree. We had Sing as coach, dropping trough, we had a drunk for a GM, and prior to Jed taking over, a clueless ownership in Denise and John York. I never understood the "cheap" label they got, but the "clueless" label was well deserved.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Completely disagree. We had Sing as coach, dropping trough, we had a drunk for a GM, and prior to Jed taking over, a clueless ownership in Denise and John York. I never understood the "cheap" label they got, but the "clueless" label was well deserved.

Right there with you. Never thought they were close to cheap. Dumb... yes. :minion:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thought that our front office was seen as a joke league wide is completely an opinion though, no one can prove that.

I hated the Sing and Nolan choices as HC but that is the way it goes in this league. If a coordinator or interm coach shows promise he is usually given a job as a HC. That isn't only a 49er thing.

But like it or not those guys installed a defensive attitude that has carried over and honestly is the strength of our team. I can't hate them completely.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this fan thinks there has been some much needed improvement in the front office however it remains to be seen if it's 'one of the best run organizations in the league".

I'm not drinking the kool aide yet. And whether we sign PM or not isn't going to have an impact on my opinion.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it started with Nolan? Try Erickson. Try Donahue. The stupidity ran deeper and longer then the last 5 yrs. The decline of the franchise started when Eddie D was forced to give up control of the team.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it started with Nolan? Try Erickson. Try Donahue. The stupidity ran deeper and longer then the last 5 yrs. The decline of the franchise started when Eddie D was forced to give up control of the team.

rep that

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember the Erickson choice, but who else was out there at the time? Dennis Green, Rick Neuheisel, Jim Mora Jr. and people like that were being talked about as candidates if I remember correctly.

You can't completely blame Donahue completely on the Yorks since that was Walsh's boy.

Lets be honest the decline of this franchise started when we lost Steve Young and Jerry Rice. TO and Garcia were ok as relacements but they weren't gonna bring us any titles.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Additionally,
All the OCs
the terrible records
and the QB controversies
We were definitely perceived as a joke by ESPN.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally,
All the OCs
the terrible records
and the QB controversies
We were definitely perceived as a joke by ESPN.

Once again this is an opinion, we really don't know how anyone percieves us.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

not with the advent of the salary cap?

can't say it was all salary cap, but i'd think even if Eddie was still Owner........you still have to draft well, coach well, manage your personnel, etc.