• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Tracker

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB contracts are out of control. I wouldn’t guarantee ANYONE more than 5-6 years(including Betts and Trout). Those long-term deals never look good for the last 3-4 years.

How do you think Cole and Stanton will look for the last few years of their deals when they are still combining to make $60m/year?

That’s what it’s about now

if Cole and Stanton win a title or 2, that contract becomes worth it, these teams sign these long term deals knowing the backend of these deals will be ugly

when the Mets give Lindor 12 years, there is no way they do so thinking a speedster will be worth the money past 35 years old

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers apparently

which would be even funnier
Not sure I believe that one! Maybe on some “team-friendly” or short-term deal, perhaps? The Dodgers have all sorts of contracts to deal with very soon on Bellinger, Seager, Buehler(and others). They just gave Betts a zillion dollars. I’m not sure how Bauer fits into that picture.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the writing is on the wall for these players that these deals are becoming more and more non existent. It’s why a lockout will be the final knockout punch for this sport

there are so many really good players out there unsigned that won’t get even close to what they feel they are worth

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I believe that one! Maybe on some “team-friendly” or short-term deal, perhaps? The Dodgers have all sorts of contracts to deal with very soon on Bellinger, Seager, Buehler(and others). They just gave Betts a zillion dollars. I’m not sure how Bauer fits into that picture.

they are definitely in, the agent tweeted its down to the Mets and Dodgers

but you’re right, apparently the Dodgers a huge very short term deal, possibly even 1 year.

Mets offer being rumored is 3/93, with a Bauer opt out after 1 year

a lotta money for a guy whose career is pretty identical to Marcus Stroman

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are definitely in, the agent tweeted its down to the Mets and Dodgers

but you’re right, apparently the Dodgers a huge very short term deal, possibly even 1 year.

Mets offer being rumored is 3/93, with a Bauer opt out after 1 year

a lotta money for a guy whose career is pretty identical to Marcus Stroman

Sounds like they're basically allowing him to dictate his own terms-I read he can opt out after each of the first 2 years.

I think the guy is among the most talented pitchers in baseball, but the results don't exactly back that up.

He's also allegedly a class A prick.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they're basically allowing him to dictate his own terms-I read he can opt out after each of the first 2 years.

I think the guy is among the most talented pitchers in baseball, but the results don't exactly back that up.

Mets fans surprisingly split on it, a lot of them aren’t in favor of bringing him here. One tough stretch and he starts hearing it from fans, it could get real ugly for this guy, his Twitter rants, etc

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what it’s about now

if Cole and Stanton win a title or 2, that contract becomes worth it, these teams sign these long term deals knowing the backend of these deals will be ugly

when the Mets give Lindor 12 years, there is no way they do so thinking a speedster will be worth the money past 35 years old
I don’t think it HAS to be that way. That $60m Cole and Stanton are making in 2026 is going to severely limit what they are able to do on the field that year. That Yankees’ window is narrowing.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the writing is on the wall for these players that these deals are becoming more and more non existent. It’s why a lockout will be the final knockout punch for this sport

there are so many really good players out there unsigned that won’t get even close to what they feel they are worth
I don’t think they can risk a lockout. That would kill everyone(even worse than 1994 did). But the owners and players HATE each other, so it does look like it’s headed that way.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the TEAM should be able to opt-out after each of the first 2 years. I’d love to see more deals like that.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets fans surprisingly split on it, a lot of them aren’t in favor of bringing him here. One tough stretch and he starts hearing it from fans, it could get real ugly for this guy, his Twitter rants, etc

I mean, if Terry Francona hates you, you're not a good guy.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just read between $100M to $110M and they have set a deadline for him to answer soon today.....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those fans are smart. He can’t handle NY. He was too much of a headcase for CLEVELAND. Need I remind you???

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it HAS to be that way. That $60m Cole and Stanton are making in 2026 is going to severely limit what they are able to do on the field that year. That Yankees’ window is narrowing.

They always figure it out, that window seems to close for like a season than they have games the following October

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those fans are smart. He can’t handle NY. He was too much of a headcase for CLEVELAND. Need I remind you???

Someone on Twitter last night suggested the Mets are building the Indians

so true

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They always figure it out, that window seems to close for like a season than they have games the following October
True true. Not writing off the Yankees. But the current “young” crop about to get expensive and they will have some tough decisions to make.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True true. Not writing off the Yankees. But the current “young” crop about to get expensive and they will have some tough decisions to make.

Judge the most interesting case

will be on the wrong side of 30 when he is due to get his cash

and he can’t stay on the field

Gleyber is a stud but isn’t a SS, so he’s interesting for that reason

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge the most interesting case

will be on the wrong side of 30 when he is due to get his cash

and he can’t stay on the field

Gleyber is a stud but isn’t a SS, so he’s interesting for that reason
Judge and Stanton are redundant. You don’t need them both and Stanton isn’t going anywhere.

Gleyber is a lousy SS, but a good 2B, right? Not sure why they can’t play him someplace else so he can be competent.

BTW, the Gleyber/Andujar left side of the infield would have been epic. Sorry we didn’t get to see more of that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge and Stanton are redundant. You don’t need them both and Stanton isn’t going anywhere.

Gleyber is a lousy SS, but a good 2B, right? Not sure why they can’t play him someplace else so he can be competent.

BTW, the Gleyber/Andujar left side of the infield would have been epic. Sorry we didn’t get to see more of that.

Lol

Gio Urshella my 2nd fav Yankee, DJ my favorite

what a find that guy was

and I agree on Judge Stanton, never liked the trade for that reason, totally redundant, but Judge is a phenomenal fielder

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Gio Urshella my 2nd fav Yankee, DJ my favorite

what a find that guy was

and I agree on Judge Stanton, never liked the trade for that reason, totally redundant, but Judge is a phenomenal fielder
I remember you voicing your disinterest in Stanton at the time. Jeter did well to sell at the very top on him.

Lemahieu was a great signing. Everyone was expecting them to sign Machado and the DJ signing was widely mocked. That one worked out very well. We can talk further about Cashman whiffing on frontline pitching over and over when guys were out there(Sale, Scherzer, Verlander, Cole & others), though. Any of those would have helped a ton over the last 3-5 years. Maybe even Corbin? He’s been really good.