• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UDFA tracker

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don’t understand why the Eagles aren’t kicking the tires on a punter. They shouldn’t feel settled at that position.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC the Bills normally have another punter on the roster for training camp, just so their regular punter doesn't have to do all the kicking for all the drills.
I just assumed that most other teams do the same thing.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don’t understand why the Eagles aren’t kicking the tires on a punter. They shouldn’t feel settled at that position.

Wasn't it just 18 months ago that RTK was talking about the generational start your punter had and how he'd be the shizz for a long time? I didn't dream that up...but I'm not going to look for it either, I'm sure he'll come back and point out his mistake.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it just 18 months ago that RTK was talking about the generational start your punter had and how he'd be the shizz for a long time? I didn't dream that up...but I'm not going to look for it either, I'm sure he'll come back and point out his mistake.
I don’t give a fuck

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears signed Keith Randolph DT out of illinois and it looks like he could be in the rotation at Nose tackle.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears just cut punter Trenton Gill (who they also drafted) after drafting one in the fourth round. If he’s not the greatest punter in Bears history, that pick is going to look silly.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well probably because your HC & Hurts plan on going for it most of the time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears just cut punter Trenton Gill (who they also drafted) after drafting one in the fourth round. If he’s not the greatest punter in Bears history, that pick is going to look silly.

Drafting one in the 4th is an odd choice. Even if it was the last pick they had at that moment, trade back into the draft in a later round (which they did the next round anyway).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting one in the 4th is an odd choice. Even if it was the last pick they had at that moment, trade back into the draft in a later round (which they did the next round anyway).
Some people don’t think he would’ve been there. I’ve been hearing (from bears and Hawkeye fans, mind you) that the punter was the best player on their roster for a lot of games. He can kick 60 yard punts and he can hit the coffin corner with high accuracy. If he hits, he could be great, but he’s still a punter. If you draft a punter in the 4th round, he better be the best punter in the league though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people don’t think he would’ve been there. I’ve been hearing (from bears and Hawkeye fans, mind you) that the punter was the best player on their roster for a lot of games. He can kick 60 yard punts and he can hit the coffin corner with high accuracy. If he hits, he could be great, but he’s still a punter. If you draft a punter in the 4th round, he better be the best punter in the league though.

If everything else works with the other additions, your punter is not much of a factor. It's like making sure you have a really expensive fire extinguisher.

I'd rather overpay in a trade up for Fiske or Turner than use a 4th on a punter (or kicker). Not a fan of using draft capital on them at all really. Rams got their kicker as one of multiple 6th round picks which I understand, but still wanted a LB or CB instead lol. I absolutely hated the Bills pick for Punt God, even before he got canceled.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgave the bears when I found out it was their last pick in the draft ............ until it wasnt. :tsk: :becky:

they could have traded back & got both players instead of giving up picks to trade back into the draft.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgave the bears when I found out it was their last pick in the draft ............ until it wasnt. :tsk: :becky:

they could have traded back & got both players instead of giving up picks to trade back into the draft.
He’s probably not going to be a superstar in the league, but if the best punting prospect in the draft and probably one of the best over the last few years is your worst pick in a round where most players bust, it’s not a bad draft. After reading up on the edge rusher they drafted, he seems like he could be very good. We needed a punter and we got one. It may be a blemish on the caleb Williams to Rome Odunze draft, but you have to realize that I am used to first round picks like Gabe Carimi, Shea McLellan, Mitch Trubisky, and Kevin White. Even selecting a useful punter is better than selecting a de that never plays in the fourth round.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s probably not going to be a superstar in the league, but if the best punting prospect in the draft and probably one of the best over the last few years is your worst pick in a round where most players bust, it’s not a bad draft. After reading up on the edge rusher they drafted, he seems like he could be very good. We needed a punter and we got one. It may be a blemish on the caleb Williams to Rome Odunze draft, but you have to realize that I am used to first round picks like Gabe Carimi, Shea McLellan, Mitch Trubisky, and Kevin White. Even selecting a useful punter is better than selecting a de that never plays in the fourth round.
I was gonna say.
look on the bright side.
Many 4th rd. picks dont make the team or last more than a year or so, if they do.
Now you are pretty much guaranteed your 4th rd pick makes the team & if he is your punter for the next 12 years. It is a positive add.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not really sure what best punter in the league actually is. I do know a couple things. First, if you have a bad punter he can cost your team games. If you have a good punter you usually don't pay any attention to them as it's usually a "who gives a crap" type of situation.

If it helps, he was probably the most impactful player on Iowa last year and indirectly won them a couple games. Obviously other players had a hand in those wins, but his impact was undeniable.