• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2017

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards the No Romo camp. I just don't trust the guy to stay healthy for more than a few games and I think his ego would get in the way of him resting until he does get healthy if he went out in say, week 3. He would rush himself back by week 9 or so and get injured again. I think we have 2 promising guys who need to be groomed and more importantly, protected. I like the Leary signing and am pretty "meh" on Watson, but I understand that there isn't anyone that much better available. And then, there's the money question for Romo. I just don't think it is worth the risk.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Carroll to Dallas
Charles Johnson to Carolina (they now have two Charles Johnsons')
Chandler Cantazaro to Jets

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so nervous to read that Kayvon is gone yet I fully expect it. Just in denial.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know we are in market for lb ... pray it isn't Minter as Cards can't wait to move on from him. Don't want him at any price.

They still value in order

Marques Cooper
Alex okafor
Chris Johnson ( to lesser extent Ellington)

They did not want Swearinger or minter back

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I signed my name twice today.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Munnerlyn back to Carolina

Carolina is having a reunion this year ;).. Peppers, Munnerlyn... The Kalil brothers.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darius Butler visiting Bears

Chiefs over paid to keep Daniel Sorenson.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy - your timely (new news) updates are appreciated - as much as your observations about talent are respected (except for when it comes to kickers).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks to pats for first rd pick. Pats win again

I don't know DC - Cooks was crying that he didn't get the ball enough with the Saints - how is he going to feel being the vertical decoy for Edelman and Gronk? This is Belichick trying for another Randy Moss brass ring, but that has happened only once before in history. I think this deal looks better on paper than it will work out to be.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know DC - Cooks was crying that he didn't get the ball enough with the Saints - how is he going to feel being the vertical decoy for Edelman and Gronk? This is Belichick trying for another Randy Moss brass ring, but that has happened only once before in history. I think this deal looks better on paper than it will work out to be.

Winning keeps players much happier.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, maybe I can still stand behind my earlier comment on the notion. I wish you guys would figure this all out and educate me. I feel like I'm in a tennis match and my head is about to explode.

So all guaranteed money stays with the original team that signed him to it. All that money was supposed to be paid out long ago so they still keep it. What the Broncos would be responsible for if they traded for him would be his base salaries.

So for 2017 he would have a cap hit of $14 million for us.
2018--$19.5 million
2019--$20.5 million

Now the good thing is with all the guaranteed money gone the contract does become more of a year by year type deal with the Broncos having the freedom to cut him with no dead money.

The issue for teams right now like the Texans and Broncos is they want to get Romo with little guaranteed money and have the deal driven by incentives. They are struggling to want to commit so much of the cap to a guy that has shown he struggles to stay healthy.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem that Mr. Elway has made it crystal clear that they don't want Romo in any kind of a trade deal and that's probably smart. The Broncos also seem to have cooled about the idea of Romo in Denver at all but I suspect much of that is just posturing. I still think Jerry will eventually cave and release him once he's convinced that no trade is going to happen. So far, Houston is doing their part too.

Thanks for the cap hit number, CD. I surprised you can think and type so clearly with all that pent up hatred that you carry around for Trevor Siemian.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was crying that he didn't get the ball more on my Fantasy team. His goose egg on a game the Saints scored 49 points was the difference between me winning the championship, and finishing in 5th place :mad2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem that Mr. Elway has made it crystal clear that they don't want Romo in any kind of a trade deal and that's probably smart. The Broncos also seem to have cooled about the idea of Romo in Denver at all but I suspect much of that is just posturing. I still think Jerry will eventually cave and release him once he's convinced that no trade is going to happen. So far, Houston is doing their part too.

Thanks for the cap hit number, CD. I surprised you can think and type so clearly with all that pent up hatred that you carry around for Trevor Siemian.

Well he does occupy much of my thoughts but every once in a while my mind gives me a quick break to respond to a post on here with some objectiveness and not let my anger spew all over the page.