• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Giants in the Big Leagues - 2022

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, but where is Jake Jewell now?
Does it matter? The Giants will either trade for him, claim him off waivers or sign him as a free agent. They like the dude, just not enough to keep him around for more than a month or two.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

classic FZ churn target. He was claimed by us after the season ended, then released less than a week later.

Why? What was the point? Just causing chaos. I can’t think of any other reason.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

classic FZ churn target. He was claimed by us after the season ended, then released less than a week later.

It confused me too (but I reminded myself that it was FZ). What could have possibly happened in one week, during the offseason, that caused the Giants to go from claiming him to letting him walk by non-tendering him? They had dfa'd him the day before the non-tender so they could have at least tried to pass him through waivers. That went out the window with the non-tender.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's "balancing his range".

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit disappointed in this. I'd hope he could land somewhere that allowed for at least the possibility of more playing time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit disappointed in this. I'd hope he could land somewhere that allowed for at least the possibility of more playing time.

As a lefty, between 1B and DH, he should get plenty of ABs to prove himself. 9M seems a bit rich, though, imho.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With him being a LH hitting power bat, it will be good to see what he can do in a reasonable ballpark for him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lefty, between 1B and DH, he should get plenty of ABs to prove himself. 9M seems a bit rich, though, imho.

With him being a LH hitting power bat, it will be good to see what he can do in a reasonable ballpark for him.
We will see. Vlad Jr anchors 1st base and the catcher not catching is supposed to be at DH. I could see some ABs coming his way at the DH spot but not sure if he will even get a strict platoon.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting move by the Marlins. They invest in an area that is already a strength. Even if they trade two starting pitchers, they had plenty of options without Cueto. I guess that they wanted some veteran leadership. He did pretty well with the White Sox.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting move by the Marlins. They invest in an area that is already a strength. Even if they trade two starting pitchers, they had plenty of options without Cueto. I guess that they wanted some veteran leadership. He did pretty well with the White Sox.
On a 1-year contract, he is very little risk. And the Marlins don’t have the roster-crunch issues that other teams have. And it gives them additional leverage in any trade talks around their other starters.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. Vlad Jr anchors 1st base and the catcher not catching is supposed to be at DH. I could see some ABs coming his way at the DH spot but not sure if he will even get a strict platoon.
Possibly true, but I don't think even Canadians are so dumb as to pay $9mm for a PH/deep reserve. He'll get at least 350 PAs minimum, as Blondie said, "one way, or another".

Last edited:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a 1-year contract, he is very little risk. And the Marlins don’t have the roster-crunch issues that other teams have. And it gives them additional leverage in any trade talks around their other starters.
Frankly, I would rather have had us sign Cueto rather than Manaea. But not by much. I certainly wish them both the best, especially Sean. LOL.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I would rather have had us sign Cueto rather than Manaea. But not by much. I certainly wish them both the best, especially Sean. LOL.
I like Manaea, with the contract he signed, more than I would have liked a Cueto signing. If you already have SP depth, than Cueto can be helpful. If you need actual production from Cueto, he is not a good risk.