• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fitzpatrick gives in and agree to 1 yr deal with NYJ

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Houston for what they did. It's difficult to get good QB play so might as well roll the dice on Oz and over pay and if it does pay off, 18 mil a yr becomes a very good deal. The Bradford contract is awful.
Yep not blamming them. Hey it's not my money anyway. I think Os has a chance to do well under Obrien and company. 7 starts so he's still learning. No one knows for sure how he'll turn out. He was likely the best option Houston had. Again good for both of them. With any decent amount of QB play from him, Houston will be tough every week.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep not blamming them. Hey it's not my money anyway. I think Os has a chance to do well under Obrien and company. 7 starts so he's still learning. No one knows for sure how he'll turn out. He was likely the best option Houston had. Again good for both of them. With any decent amount of QB play from him, Houston will be tough every week.

Houston needs that good consistent QB play that they haven't had since they came back into the league. I think Oz will turn out to be a good QB since O'Brien is a QB's coach. My guess is he'll play well with some bumps this year in learning the system on the fly and turn that corner next season. I'm still a little baffled that Denver didn't pull the trigger unless they were cap strap and couldn't afford him.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they'll be smart enough to actually make this happen?

No... but I think they'll end up coming to terms on a one year deal. What they should do, cause I don't think they'll give him a "earn it" bonus in the option, is offer him like 10 mill base and the opportunity to earn 12-14 in incentives (Playoff games/wins, pro bowl, TDs, Yards, Comp Percentt, etc)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... but I think they'll end up coming to terms on a one year deal. What they should do, cause I don't think they'll give him a "earn it" bonus in the option, is offer him like 10 mill base and the opportunity to earn 12-14 in incentives (Playoff games/wins, pro bowl, TDs, Yards, Comp Percentt, etc)
Could be. We'll see.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Jets, I just would tell him to take a hike. 2nd most interceptable passes in the league, well below average completion percentage, well below average INT percentage, can't stretch the field, and is just in general an all around poor decisionmaker.

The Jets are in trouble anyways next year, imo, but I'd rather take a chance on Geno figuring something out than a doomed proposition in Fitzpatrick.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Jets, I just would tell him to take a hike. 2nd most interceptable passes in the league, well below average completion percentage, well below average INT percentage, can't stretch the field, and is just in general an all around poor decisionmaker.

The Jets are in trouble anyways next year, imo, but I'd rather take a chance on Geno figuring something out than a doomed proposition in Fitzpatrick.
you obviously didnt watch much of geno's play....he aint ever figuring it out

but i do have to laugh at jets balking at 12million for the turnover machine considering brock getting 18 million, bradford 17.5 million, tannehill 19 million and none of them won ten games last year :dhd:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you obviously didnt watch much of geno's play....he aint ever figuring it out

but i do have to laugh at jets balking at 12million for the turnover machine considering brock getting 18 million, bradford 17.5 million, tannehill 19 million and none of them won ten games last year :dhd:
Que dumb and dumber....

There's a chance!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Fitz actually holds more cards than people think. As soon as people start seeing injuries in camp/preseason and start seeing possible progress issues with rookies or young guys, he might start seeing a few more offers.

As already stated, Geno Smith has looked horrible so far in his career and has displayed that he is not really a leader by his actions that got his jaw broken. If the Jets want the best chance to win now they will probably have to stop playing chicken at some point and pony up the money. Personally I don't see why they prefer 3 years- $24 million with $12 in the first year over 1 year at $12 million. If they think that Fitz is a short term guy then what is there really to lose by that compromise?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Fitz actually holds more cards than people think. As soon as people start seeing injuries in camp/preseason and start seeing possible progress issues with rookies or young guys, he might start seeing a few more offers.

As already stated, Geno Smith has looked horrible so far in his career and has displayed that he is not really a leader by his actions that got his jaw broken. If the Jets want the best chance to win now they will probably have to stop playing chicken at some point and pony up the money. Personally I don't see why they prefer 3 years- $24 million with $12 in the first year over 1 year at $12 million. If they think that Fitz is a short term guy then what is there really to lose by that compromise?
Herein lies the rub- Fitzpatrick has also been horrible so far in his career. Last year wasn't even an exception, either. If the Jets valued him much at all, it would be done by now.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
multi year deal can be spread out cap wise.....one year deal they have to make room immediately to even sign him apparently

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
multi year deal can be spread out cap wise.....one year deal they have to make room immediately to even sign him apparently
If you put it in voidable years, a '1 year deal' (theoretically anyways) is possible for all intents and purposes.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put it in voidable years, a '1 year deal' (theoretically anyways) is possible for all intents and purposes.
true but jets must really hate the guy or only want them to be voidable in their favor.....after 5 years in ny i dont try to figure out the jets front office anymore

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herein lies the rub- Fitzpatrick has also been horrible so far in his career. Last year wasn't even an exception, either. If the Jets valued him much at all, it would be done by now.

Actually he not as bad as you think. Saw a graph put up by Trudem, it doesn't include last years numbers, might surprise you.

Screenshot%20-%206_3_2016%20%208_01_20%20AM.png

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haters are funny. The way they warp things to meet their fantasies.