• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Femurov's Offseason thread 2022

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough stuff.

PPR makes me want to keep the catchers.

Adams, Diggs, Deebo and Andrews

I don’t think keeping Mahomes nets any trade interest.
The RB’s just don’t have the same oomph anymore. I mean, you were pondering starting a third string WFT RB in the championship.

Cutting to two will be even harder. I would play up the value of Andrews in the summer.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after a week or so of doom and gloom thinking that I missed out on the trading action, things have picked up. The dude who picks at 3 is interested in Adams. He has unofficially proposed a swap of 1sts for him. I pick 12th (and 13th). The guy who traded Henry has unofficially offered a 2nd for Deebo. He picks 9th, so it would be pick 2.4 (out of 12). He also has 1.5 and 1.9. Without the deal, he is keeping JT and Kamara, so I am a little surprised at this offer. I'm thinking I ultimately take the Deebo deal, but try to get 1.9 instead. If he doesn't budge, shoot for his 2nd and another pick (I'll start around 6 and hope to settle in the 8 range, but willing to take an 11th (we take a break after the 10th round and I like to load up on picks in the 11th and 12th and have done well using that break to make deals). Then, I offer Adams and 2.4 for 1.3 (and he's willing to put Hopkins as the player I get back, which is a nice backup keeper, imo).

I think I push to make the Deebo deal sooner, then wait until after cuts for the Adams deal. I would have a better grasp on who would potentially be available at 1.3 vs 2.4 or 1.12 or whatever we agree on. I'm not so sure that I should even do that deal unless I get a little more, but I doubt he drops into the 3rd. If I do, my keeper question shifts since my plan has been to keep Adams and Deebo if I can't make a deal and now I am taking them out of the end game. I still have until Super Bowl to trim it down to 4, but it looks like Adams, Deebo, Diggs, and that's where I have a little bigger decision than I originally thought. Mahomes, Andrews, Zeke or Barkley? Andrews seems like the smart play there, but I am hesitant dropping Mahomes, even though I realize the difference in positional depth.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo, my 15.12 and 20.1 for Nyhiem Hines, 2.4 and 11.9.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different league. 12 team dynasty. PPR with some bonuses. Start QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 flex and a bunch of IDPs. Max at RB and WR position is 8 players.

My Offense...

QB - Hebert, Dak, Stafford
RB - Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Barkley, Michael Carter, Booker, JaMycal Hasty
*WR - DHop, Evans, Mike Williams, Eli Moore, Julio, Golladay, Van Jefferson, Josh Palmer, Will Fuller, Sterling Shepard
TE - Waller, Engram

*I have 3 of these guys on my IR and will have to take them off and cut down to 8 at some point. Not sure when.

His Offense...

QB - Jimmy G, Dalton, Miles Davis
RB - JT, Ekeler, Ronald Jones, Mattison, Brandin Boldin, Perine, Justin Jackson
WR - AJ Brown, Diggs, Aman-Ra St. Brown, Waddle, Boyd, Patrick, KJ Osborne, Josh Reynolds
TE - Andrews

I pick 11th in the rookie only draft and have an extra pick in the 1st and 2nd. Not sure the exact order, but I am pretty sure my pick in the 1st is either 1.1 or 1.2 and my pick in the 2nd is 2.2 or 2.3. Been talking to this team about one of my QBs with Diggs or AJ Brown as my target. Considering a package for both now. He likes Hebert more than Dak. and I have conceded that I could add something to either one for either one of his WRs.

Thinking about offering Hebert, Julio, Mike Williams and Carter for AJB and Diggs. I have picks to add if I need to. Good starting point?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different league. 12 team dynasty. PPR with some bonuses. Start QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 flex and a bunch of IDPs. Max at RB and WR position is 8 players.

My Offense...

QB - Hebert, Dak, Stafford
RB - Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Barkley, Michael Carter, Booker, JaMycal Hasty
*WR - DHop, Evans, Mike Williams, Eli Moore, Julio, Golladay, Van Jefferson, Josh Palmer, Will Fuller, Sterling Shepard
TE - Waller, Engram

*I have 3 of these guys on my IR and will have to take them off and cut down to 8 at some point. Not sure when.

His Offense...

QB - Jimmy G, Dalton, Miles Davis
RB - JT, Ekeler, Ronald Jones, Mattison, Brandin Boldin, Perine, Justin Jackson
WR - AJ Brown, Diggs, Aman-Ra St. Brown, Waddle, Boyd, Patrick, KJ Osborne, Josh Reynolds
TE - Andrews

I pick 11th in the rookie only draft and have an extra pick in the 1st and 2nd. Not sure the exact order, but I am pretty sure my pick in the 1st is either 1.1 or 1.2 and my pick in the 2nd is 2.2 or 2.3. Been talking to this team about one of my QBs with Diggs or AJ Brown as my target. Considering a package for both now. He likes Hebert more than Dak. and I have conceded that I could add something to either one for either one of his WRs.

Thinking about offering Hebert, Julio, Mike Williams and Carter for AJB and Diggs. I have picks to add if I need to. Good starting point?
Well seems like a low offer but seeing his need at QB it's likely a good enough starting point, I would think he'll ask you to sub out Julio for something useful and I would predict he'll ask for some of that draft capitol and/or upgrade Carter to a better RB.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seems like a low offer but seeing his need at QB it's likely a good enough starting point, I would think he'll ask you to sub out Julio for something useful and I would predict he'll ask for some of that draft capitol and/or upgrade Carter to a better RB.
Kind of what I think. I also think I can afford to make that happen.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threw it at him. He really likes Carter. He wants to think about it and get back to me tomorrow night.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main league... 12 teams, 2 offensive keepers, can trade players and draft picks, PPR with bonus points for long TDs, start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) and some IDPs. Rosters are now at 5 and we cut down to 3 before the draft (2 off/1 IDP). My roster...

Mahomes
Adams
Diggs
Nyheim Hines (throw in from a previous trade and will be dropped)
Devin White (my IDP keeper)

I pick 12th in a snake draft, so I have the 12 and 13 turn, plus I have an extra 2nd round pick (2.4, 16 overall). I have an extra 3rd and 5th as well, but I do not have a pick in the 4th, 7th, 8th or 10th. There is a big gap between my pick in the 6th (6.1) and 9th (9.12). Basically 4 rounds, but I will have players with my extra picks to make up for it.

So, basically, I have Mahomes, Diggs, and Adams. I have a guy interested in Adams and we're talking about a deal where I give up Adams and my 1st (1.12) to move up for his 1st (1.3). I would get a player back in the deal and his "worst" player is probably Jerry Jeudy. He has mentioned that he may be willing to throw in DHop instead, but I don't see either one of them being a keeper candidate over Diggs and Mahomes (if I make this deal). I would try to sub out 1.12 for 2.4 and probably settle on 2.1.

I was talking to the owner who has 1.2 and they are very weak in the keeper department (the other guy interested in Adams has some decent options, but this girl is looking at keeping Aaron Rodgers and DK Metcalf right now). She is interested in Mahomes. Doesn't seem willing to do 1.2 for Mahomes and 1.12 (or 2.1 or 2.4), but may be willing to do something like a 2nd and 7th or something like that to give me a pick where I have that gap I mentioned above.

I would be dropping one of these guys (probably Mahomes since there are so many QBs that will be available later in the draft) if I don't make a deal, so taking what I can get is in my best interest.

Here is a list of guys who I think will be available after the keepers are named, according to the rankings right now and how I think the people in my league will handle their situations...

CMac (still not sure what to make of this situation in our league, but apparently, this is a possibility, but it would surprise me if it holds true)
Cam Akers (possible that he gets kept)
Javonte Williams (pretty sure he will be available. Dude would be dropping Justin Jefferson, who he loves)
D'Andre Swift or David Montgomery or AJ Brown (dude has to pick one of these guys, so 2 of them will be dropped)
Kamara
Mark Andrews
CeeDee Lamb
Keenan Allen
Waddle
Kyle Pitts
Antonio Gibson
Barkley
Dionte Johnson
Higgins
DHop (would probably be kept if we don't make the deal for Adams)
Zeke
DJ Moore
Josh Jacobs

That should give you an idea of what I think I will be looking at with my first 3 picks. I'm wondering if moving up to 1.3 would be worth it. If CMac gets dropped, he goes #1, no doubt. The guy who has the #1 pick has said that. The girl who has 1.2 would be looking at a RB and I think Williams would be on her radar. I think I would be happy with Williams at 3, but I am not high on Akers and Kamara (unless the legal situation goes away without suspension). Lamb is interesting if I go WR, but is he THAT much better that if I kept Adams and picked up that extra 2nd or 3rd and change (if she goes for that). Would Lamb be an upgrade over Adams? I think he may be safer, but not sure. Thing that sucks is that we would have to do a deal well before the draft, so I would not be able to tell for sure who would actually be available. It would be pure speculation and 1 unexpected trade or drop even, could change things.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Adams or Diggs or both for a stud rb and then pick a wr

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Adams or Diggs or both for a stud rb and then pick a wr
Not really anyone who has a stud RB and needs another keeper. Most of the top guys have another guy they like.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main league... 12 teams, 2 offensive keepers, can trade players and draft picks, PPR with bonus points for long TDs, start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) and some IDPs. Rosters are now at 5 and we cut down to 3 before the draft (2 off/1 IDP). My roster...

Mahomes
Adams
Diggs
Nyheim Hines (throw in from a previous trade and will be dropped)
Devin White (my IDP keeper)

I pick 12th in a snake draft, so I have the 12 and 13 turn, plus I have an extra 2nd round pick (2.4, 16 overall). I have an extra 3rd and 5th as well, but I do not have a pick in the 4th, 7th, 8th or 10th. There is a big gap between my pick in the 6th (6.1) and 9th (9.12). Basically 4 rounds, but I will have players with my extra picks to make up for it.

So, basically, I have Mahomes, Diggs, and Adams. I have a guy interested in Adams and we're talking about a deal where I give up Adams and my 1st (1.12) to move up for his 1st (1.3). I would get a player back in the deal and his "worst" player is probably Jerry Jeudy. He has mentioned that he may be willing to throw in DHop instead, but I don't see either one of them being a keeper candidate over Diggs and Mahomes (if I make this deal). I would try to sub out 1.12 for 2.4 and probably settle on 2.1.

I was talking to the owner who has 1.2 and they are very weak in the keeper department (the other guy interested in Adams has some decent options, but this girl is looking at keeping Aaron Rodgers and DK Metcalf right now). She is interested in Mahomes. Doesn't seem willing to do 1.2 for Mahomes and 1.12 (or 2.1 or 2.4), but may be willing to do something like a 2nd and 7th or something like that to give me a pick where I have that gap I mentioned above.

I would be dropping one of these guys (probably Mahomes since there are so many QBs that will be available later in the draft) if I don't make a deal, so taking what I can get is in my best interest.

Here is a list of guys who I think will be available after the keepers are named, according to the rankings right now and how I think the people in my league will handle their situations...

CMac (still not sure what to make of this situation in our league, but apparently, this is a possibility, but it would surprise me if it holds true)
Cam Akers (possible that he gets kept)
Javonte Williams (pretty sure he will be available. Dude would be dropping Justin Jefferson, who he loves)
D'Andre Swift or David Montgomery or AJ Brown (dude has to pick one of these guys, so 2 of them will be dropped)
Kamara
Mark Andrews
CeeDee Lamb
Keenan Allen
Waddle
Kyle Pitts
Antonio Gibson
Barkley
Dionte Johnson
Higgins
DHop (would probably be kept if we don't make the deal for Adams)
Zeke
DJ Moore
Josh Jacobs

That should give you an idea of what I think I will be looking at with my first 3 picks. I'm wondering if moving up to 1.3 would be worth it. If CMac gets dropped, he goes #1, no doubt. The guy who has the #1 pick has said that. The girl who has 1.2 would be looking at a RB and I think Williams would be on her radar. I think I would be happy with Williams at 3, but I am not high on Akers and Kamara (unless the legal situation goes away without suspension). Lamb is interesting if I go WR, but is he THAT much better that if I kept Adams and picked up that extra 2nd or 3rd and change (if she goes for that). Would Lamb be an upgrade over Adams? I think he may be safer, but not sure. Thing that sucks is that we would have to do a deal well before the draft, so I would not be able to tell for sure who would actually be available. It would be pure speculation and 1 unexpected trade or drop even, could change things.

Normally I would just suggest to keep Adams and Diggs and take your picks as they are.

But trading Adams to get 1.3 might be worth it if you’re happy to keep Mahomes.

Unfortunately, I don’t like the NFL trades for Adams and Mahomes (Tyreek) for fantasy, so both seem to have taken a hit.

Final answer is probably keeping Adams and Diggs (and trying to move Mahomes for a pick upgrade…not sure if that is in reason for your league).

Knowing who you’d be getting would be better (obviously)… any chance at moving Adams and a pick for CMac the player? Or Adams for Javonte the player? rather than going for the pick?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would just suggest to keep Adams and Diggs and take your picks as they are.

But trading Adams to get 1.3 might be worth it if you’re happy to keep Mahomes.

Unfortunately, I don’t like the NFL trades for Adams and Mahomes (Tyreek) for fantasy, so both seem to have taken a hit.

Final answer is probably keeping Adams and Diggs (and trying to move Mahomes for a pick upgrade…not sure if that is in reason for your league).

Knowing who you’d be getting would be better (obviously)… any chance at moving Adams and a pick for CMac the player? Or Adams for Javonte the player? rather than going for the pick?
Honestly, I have no idea what the dude with CMac is doing. His 5 man roster was projected to be Javonte, CMac, Jefferson, his IDP keeper Micah Parsons, and whoever else he wanted to put there that had no chance of being kept when we cut again (turned out to be Antonio Brown). Before we announced the 5 man roster, he "agreed in principal" to trade his 2nd round pick for Alvin Kamara. I asked him who he was planning on dropping when we cut to 3 and he said he was going to try to trade CMac. Before the trade became official, Kamara got in trouble and he ended up renegotiating the trade and replaced Kamara with Devonta Smith. So, I guess he wants to keep Smith (he is an Eagles fan) and I know he LOVES Jefferson, so I assume he will keep him, as well. But, the fact that he gave that 2nd up for Smith tells me that I would have to somehow make that up to him in a deal and I don't plan on doing that at all. It may be worth exploring a straight up Adams for CMac deal when he shops him around and doesn't get anything that he likes, but I wouldn't bank on anything like that happening.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I have no idea what the dude with CMac is doing. His 5 man roster was projected to be Javonte, CMac, Jefferson, his IDP keeper Micah Parsons, and whoever else he wanted to put there that had no chance of being kept when we cut again (turned out to be Antonio Brown). Before we announced the 5 man roster, he "agreed in principal" to trade his 2nd round pick for Alvin Kamara. I asked him who he was planning on dropping when we cut to 3 and he said he was going to try to trade CMac. Before the trade became official, Kamara got in trouble and he ended up renegotiating the trade and replaced Kamara with Devonta Smith. So, I guess he wants to keep Smith (he is an Eagles fan) and I know he LOVES Jefferson, so I assume he will keep him, as well. But, the fact that he gave that 2nd up for Smith tells me that I would have to somehow make that up to him in a deal and I don't plan on doing that at all. It may be worth exploring a straight up Adams for CMac deal when he shops him around and doesn't get anything that he likes, but I wouldn't bank on anything like that happening.

I’m glad homerism doesn’t effect my roster decisions. How anyone can choose Smith over either RB is batshit crazy!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad homerism doesn’t effect my roster decisions. How anyone can choose Smith over either RB is batshit crazy!
He may come to his senses and drop Smith, but that would just be throwing away his 2nd. I would have gladly given him Diggs for a 2nd, but didn't even think he was interested in giving up picks for a player considering what he already had

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt trade Adams, Diggs or Mahomes. You have top 5... nay... top 3 talent there.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He mentioned at 1 point getting down to 3...

It’s a progressive process, I believe. Down to 3, then finalized to two (plus the mandatory IDP)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2