• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feds investigating FSU on the Winston case.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent level of the defense should have put them over the top, but add in that they had no offense at Florida to keep the defense off the field and you have a recipe for disaster such as it happened. Florida should not have lost to GSU, but the planets aligned, the gates opened and fate smiled on GSU on that day. Its not like this is the first time an FCS triple option offense has gone into an FBS teams house and beat them, App State ran a very similar offense when they beat Michigan. Now of course these comments will be seen as excuses, but its facts about the game and not really an excuse, but more of a detailed reason of why it happened. Last thing i want to do is make excuses for Florida, they suck out loud last year and thats an undeniable fact.

So like I said, we can all agree they weren't a great defense.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like I said, we can all agree they weren't a great offense.

FIFY

Defense could have been really good to great if they had half an offense taking the field.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent level of the defense should have put them over the top, but add in that they had no offense at Florida to keep the defense off the field and you have a recipe for disaster such as it happened. Florida should not have lost to GSU, but the planets aligned, the gates opened and fate smiled on GSU on that day. Its not like this is the first time an FCS triple option offense has gone into an FBS teams house and beat them, App State ran a very similar offense when they beat Michigan. Now of course these comments will be seen as excuses, but its facts about the game and not really an excuse, but more of a detailed reason of why it happened. Last thing i want to do is make excuses for Florida, they suck out loud last year and thats an undeniable fact.

I think you are splitting hairs but I agree. However they have talent on offense also and that should have been better than the FCS D. The planets aligned and FL did not play as a team.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are splitting hairs but I agree. However they have talent on offense also and that should have been better than the FCS D. The planets aligned and FL did not play as a team.

THe bold is absolutely correct. The problem with UF this last year was their offense and their HC. You can have all the talent in the world, but if your coaches and OC change every year or every other there is no continuity. Muschamp has decided to stay with Driskel which NOBODY agrees with. He tried to have an Option QB play in a more pro style offense. That is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

UF's offense was almost DEAD LAST in every statistical category this past year.

113th in total offense
112th in scoring offense
119th red zone offense.

In fact they were not above 77th in ANY offensive category except 4th down conversion in which they were 22. That is not a good mixture. They were absolutely HORRID on offense. FSU was the same way under Jeff Bowden. Great defense, but a truly shitty offense. A defense can only hold any team for so long. When the D plays 3/4 or more of a game not because the offense scores, but because the offense IS 3 and out the D is going to finally wear down and give up. This what happened to UF. And even with that they were still a topped ranked defense. Even with the loss to Ga. Southern.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately you are not very clued in.

As bad as Ohio State's schedule was, FSU's was worse and that is not according to me but by they experts.

And when did a 5 point loss start to be described as an ass r*pe?

One thing we know for sure that was worse was Miami's futile but expected crappy season which ended on something a lot more realistic to an ass r*pe.

You've been begging to get involved into this conversation, sorry my first response to you was such a crippling body blow.

Are you talking about the SOS? YOu mean the final which was OSU 58 and FSU 62. Are you REALLY trying to tout 0.99 difference? If so that is fine, but who had more teams they played with a losing record? FSU or OSU?

FSU played a weak schedule, beat 3 end of year top 25 teams in the BCS, AP, and Coaches poll. OSU beat how many? That would be zero. We can play this game all day long the bottom line is that you feel the need to come in and say stupid shit, give excuses/reasons as to why your team failed in the only two tough games they played. But if another does the same oh no it cannot be that way. Pretty lame.

Now I am still waiting for you to answer my question from when you first entered this thread. How do you think the DOE investigating will bring this to court like you said it should have in the first place?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe bold is absolutely correct. The problem with UF this last year was their offense and their HC. You can have all the talent in the world, but if your coaches and OC change every year or every other there is no continuity. Muschamp has decided to stay with Driskel which NOBODY agrees with. He tried to have an Option QB play in a more pro style offense. That is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

UF's offense was almost DEAD LAST in every statistical category this past year.

113th in total offense
112th in scoring offense
119th red zone offense.

In fact they were not above 77th in ANY offensive category except 4th down conversion in which they were 22. That is not a good mixture. They were absolutely HORRID on offense. FSU was the same way under Jeff Bowden. Great defense, but a truly shitty offense. A defense can only hold any team for so long. When the D plays 3/4 or more of a game not because the offense scores, but because the offense IS 3 and out the D is going to finally wear down and give up. This what happened to UF. And even with that they were still a topped ranked defense. Even with the loss to Ga. Southern.

So their shitty offense caused them to not a have a great defense.

What evs.

FSU still had the easiest road to a bcs title ever.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about the SOS? YOu mean the final which was OSU 58 and FSU 62. Are you REALLY trying to tout 0.99 difference? If so that is fine, but who had more teams they played with a losing record? FSU or OSU?

FSU played a weak schedule, beat 3 end of year top 25 teams in the BCS, AP, and Coaches poll. OSU beat how many? That would be zero. We can play this game all day long the bottom line is that you feel the need to come in and say stupid shit, give excuses/reasons as to why your team failed in the only two tough games they played. But if another does the same oh no it cannot be that way. Pretty lame.

Now I am still waiting for you to answer my question from when you first entered this thread. How do you think the DOE investigating will bring this to court like you said it should have in the first place?

As for the bolded, I didn't come in here to talk about my team at all. That was you that brought up my team because you were deflecting away from the fact that FSU had the easiest road to a BCS title ever including facing one of the luckiest teams to ever make it to a title game that had gone 3 - 9 the year before.

Obviously I did strike a nerve or you wouldn't be deflecting so much.

I think its possible that the DOE could find wrong doings that could possibly be used in a civil suit if that ever happens.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great defenses can over come lower talent FCS gimmicky offenses.

Your use of the word "can" shows you also believe its possible to not overcome those gimmicky offenses which is all that has been talked about. They were on the field way too long and got worn down by a deceptive offensive scheme. You act as if FCS teams are talentless teams but that is far from the truth, just ask Michigan, Kansas St. And Florida if they are void of any real talent. In the end we are both arriving at the same conclusion, Florida lost, you feel its because their defense wasnt great but the numbers dont support your argument. I feel they were a great defense that had one bad game against a difficult offense to defend against when you rarely see it. Who knows who is right but one thing is certain, Florida was rated as a top defense statistically last season and that lends itself more to my argument than yours.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your use of the word "can" shows you also believe its possible to not overcome those gimmicky offenses which is all that has been talked about. They were on the field way too long and got worn down by a deceptive offensive scheme. You act as if FCS teams are talentless teams but that is far from the truth, just ask Michigan, Kansas St. And Florida if they are void of any real talent. In the end we are both arriving at the same conclusion, Florida lost, you feel its because their defense wasnt great but the numbers dont support your argument. I feel they were a great defense that had one bad game against a difficult offense to defend against when you rarely see it. Who knows who is right but one thing is certain, Florida was rated as a top defense statistically last season and that lends itself more to my argument than yours.

Michigan and Kansas St. also didn't have a great defense just like florida didn't have a great defense last year.

Michigan St. had a great defense. Florida had a decent defense.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the bolded, I didn't come in here to talk about my team at all. That was you that brought up my team because you were deflecting away from the fact that FSU had the easiest road to a BCS title ever including facing one of the luckiest teams to ever make it to a title game that had gone 3 - 9 the year before.

Obviously I did strike a nerve or you wouldn't be deflecting so much.

I think its possible that the DOE could find wrong doings that could possibly be used in a civil suit if that ever happens.

Thank you for finally answering my question from page 2. Now the DOE is not going to come upon any more or new evidence needed for a civil suit against Winston than what the accuser and her attorneys already have. The title IX investigations only go by preponderance of proof. Which is the same as a civil suit. The accuser's attorneys will use the police report, investigation, and her story to try and show he is responsible. He will have to testify in a civil suit, but that does not show innocence or guilt either. So how do you think "Justice" will be served again? She may or may not get a pay day from TPD, Winston, and FSU?

The DOE will not give them any more info than they already have. Unless they have more resources and info than the State's Attorney. Now that is at least against Winston. Now they may find some new info(unlikely though) towards a suit against FSU, but not sure if that is going to happen either. She and her attorneys have wanted a civil suit more against Tallahassee PD and WInston before FSU. We shall wait and see.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That it goes to court.

It will eventually go to civil court. Again what justice do you see coming from that? There will not be any criminal charges. So other than a possible pay day what justice do you see being served?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will eventually go to civil court. Again what justice do you see coming from that? There will not be any criminal charges. So other than a possible pay day what justice do you see being served?

Not that I know the ins and outs of civil court but wouldn't he have to be found guilty of something for a pay day to be rewarded?

If a pay day wasn't rewarded then I can feel better about his innocence.

Either way that is the justice that I am looking for.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I don't look for JW to have as good of a year next year.

The loss of Benjamin plus a MUCH stronger schedule is the reason why.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I know the ins and outs of civil court but wouldn't he have to be found guilty of something for a pay day to be rewarded?

If a pay day wasn't rewarded then I can feel better about his innocence.

Either way that is the justice that I am looking for.

Not in the sense of guilt. That would be the criminal portion which they do not have.

All they need is a preponderance of proof to award a pay out. In other words the "jury" just has to believe her story over his story. Nothing more. Does not prove innocence or guilt in any way, shape, or form.