• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feds investigating FSU on the Winston case.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should perhaps dig up my predictions fpr the canes the last few years. Spot on I believe.

Clemson made osu look silly for 60 minutes. Either way, fsu kicked clemsons lungs out their ass, and osu couldnt even manage a W over those cakewalkers. :wtf2:

I am not touting tOSU in this thread as a good team last year. Especially when they were missing two defensive starters on an already shitty defense and had a hurt QB. Even though they still could have and should have beat clemson. Clemson was losing a good portion of that game. LOL at claiming a team that is losing is actually making the other team look silly.

I made my point and it has not nor cannot be refuted. Not sure why you are trying so hard to make this about tOSU.

Got love that fierce FSU - Miami rivalry where they defend each other all the time probably because they jump from team to team.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how many ranked teams fsu played. Top 10? OSU? I mean, osu wins a game they are favored in and they play for the nc, no? Not getting an osu fan rant on this. FSU did what osu failed miserably at. Lol.

As far as debateable, dont feel like writing a book, so Ill just guess you only recently started following cfb. Ignorance is bliss. Otherwise, Im sure there are are a few threads just here that, in fact, debate your point.

And yeah, the fsu-miami rivalry is a bit classier than the rest. Shit talk during the game, share drinks n bbq after. The blood loss and arrest rates are a bit lower than, say, osu-michigan.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how many ranked teams fsu played. Top 10? OSU? I mean, osu wins a game they are favored in and they play for the nc, no? Not getting an osu fan rant on this. FSU did what osu failed miserably at. Lol.

As far as debateable, dont feel like writing a book, so Ill just guess you only recently started following cfb. Ignorance is bliss. Otherwise, Im sure there are are a few threads just here that, in fact, debate your point.

And yeah, the fsu-miami rivalry is a bit classier than the rest. Shit talk during the game, share drinks n bbq after. The blood loss and arrest rates are a bit lower than, say, osu-michigan.

The debate might have been attempted but was obviously not won.

There is a reason you won't try and debate me on it because you would lose.

And yes I realize FSU won all of their games that consisted of an easier SOS. Still not sure why you are trying so hard to inject tOSU into all things. Oh wait, how could I forget.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Terry porter has nothing to do with it. :D. But, I grow tired of this discussion. Try google. Even my beloved canes had an easier path in the past. Try bama and lsu too, just to get you warmed up.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice excuse.

Samford held them to under 200 yards.

SAMFORD!

:laugh3:

So my comment on never seeing that style of offense was an excuse huh? Kinda like making excuses for losing to the only team tOSU played last year that had a slight resemblance of a pulse. That and losing to Clemson, who got owned by FSU, on its own home field no less.

I stated what was the truth and even made the comment I wasnt sticking up for Florida, but apparently stating a truth is seen as making excuses where you're from.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my comment on never seeing that style of offense was an excuse huh? Kinda like making excuses for losing to the only team tOSU played last year that had a slight resemblance of a pulse. That and losing to Clemson, who got owned by FSU, on its own home field no less.

I stated what was the truth and even made the comment I wasnt sticking up for Florida, but apparently stating a truth is seen as making excuses where you're from.

My comments were the truth too Gump.

There is a big difference in losing to a top 15 ranked FBS team and a middle of the pack FCS team.

BIG difference.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Terry porter has nothing to do with it. :D. But, I grow tired of this discussion. Try google. Even my beloved canes had an easier path in the past. Try bama and lsu too, just to get you warmed up.

Nope . You are 100% wrong and it can be proven. Your best move is to quit while your behind.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comments were the truth too Gump.

There is a big difference in losing to a top 15 ranked FBS team and a middle of the pack FCS team.

BIG difference.

Big difference is a state of mind and dependent on many factors. Reality is that I stated my "truth" not in defense, but more to show that Florida and others like them see this style of offense once in a blue moon, so to defend against it requires a learning curve and even then its difficult in a one off game. Your contention is that its more difficult to play a team you see yearly(maybe) and in terms of similar play, almost weekly. I contend its harder to play a once in a blue moon type team no matter what level they are than a team on your same level that you see regularly (same style as other teams you play weekly). When Bama played them they didnt game plan for them due to Auburn being their next game, I suspect Florida didnt plan for Southern either

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference is a state of mind and dependent on many factors. Reality is that I stated my "truth" not in defense, but more to show that Florida and others like them see this style of offense once in a blue moon, so to defend against it requires a learning curve and even then its difficult in a one off game. Your contention is that its more difficult to play a team you see yearly(maybe) and in terms of similar play, almost weekly. I contend its harder to play a once in a blue moon type team no matter what level they are than a team on your same level that you see regularly (same style as other teams you play weekly). When Bama played them they didnt game plan for them due to Auburn being their next game, I suspect Florida didnt plan for Southern either

The talent level of UF should be able to handle an FCS team no matter what style they run which lends me to believe their (UF) defense really wasn't that great.

If a team like SAmford could handle it, so should UF especially if someone is trying to claim that UF had a great defense.

so I guess in conclusion we can all agree that UF's defense wasn't that great and FSU still had the easiest road to a BCS title ever.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just say that this claim was not started by me but I first heard it from Brad Edwards and a few other experts.

After looking into it, I noticed they were right.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent level of UF should be able to handle an FCS team no matter what style they run which lends me to believe their (UF) defense really wasn't that great.

If a team like SAmford could handle it, so should UF especially if someone is trying to claim that UF had a great defense.

so I guess in conclusion we can all agree that UF's defense wasn't that great and FSU still had the easiest road to a BCS title ever.

Guess that would depend on how often Samford faces that style of offense versus how often Florida does and considering Samford and Georgia Southern are rivals, it would seem Samford sees that style more often. Fcs to fbs is not that big of a jump if the fcs team has a unique style of play like GSU does.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that would depend on how often Samford faces that style of offense versus how often Florida does and considering Samford and Georgia Southern are rivals, it would seem Samford sees that style more often. Fcs to fbs is not that big of a jump if the fcs team has a unique style of play like GSU does.

A great FBS defense should be able to overcome that situation against an FCS talent level team.

Obviously UF wasn't a great defense. That's the point. Accept this and move on.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am sticking up for Florida in anyway, but the triple option that Georgie Southern runs to perfection is hard to stop when you only see it once in a blue moon. I remember another top rated defense that had lots of rushing yards put on them in a game a few years back, and that team went on to win the BCS title that year.

You both are correct. It was tougher for FL to face that type of offence since they do not see it very often. As Bo mentioned, just like tOSU vs. Navy. But Authority is also correct, with the talent FL has, even with not seeing that offense, they should have been able to beat that team. tOSU was not that great the year they played Navy, lost to USC and Purdue but were still able to beat Navy. The talent on FL should have put them over the top even with the disadvantage of not seeing that offense.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Youre point was valid. He is on a fishing trip today.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre point was valid. He is on a fishing trip today.

His point was well, pointless.

My point was UF wasn't a great defense. His point was an excuse as to why.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You both are correct. It was tougher for FL to face that type of offence since they do not see it very often. As Bo mentioned, just like tOSU vs. Navy. But Authority is also correct, with the talent FL has, even with not seeing that offense, they should have been able to beat that team. tOSU was not that great the year they played Navy, lost to USC and Purdue but were still able to beat Navy. The talent on FL should have put them over the top even with the disadvantage of not seeing that offense.

The talent level of the defense should have put them over the top, but add in that they had no offense at Florida to keep the defense off the field and you have a recipe for disaster such as it happened. Florida should not have lost to GSU, but the planets aligned, the gates opened and fate smiled on GSU on that day. Its not like this is the first time an FCS triple option offense has gone into an FBS teams house and beat them, App State ran a very similar offense when they beat Michigan. Now of course these comments will be seen as excuses, but its facts about the game and not really an excuse, but more of a detailed reason of why it happened. Last thing i want to do is make excuses for Florida, they suck out loud last year and thats an undeniable fact.