• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA's or trades the Los Angeles Lakers should pursue in the offseason

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think to match up salaries it would have to be Trez, kuz or kcp, and Schroder. And then a first.

Then they'd have to dig into the bargain bin for vets and hope to bring back one or both of THT and Caruso.

Might be worth it. Getting solid players who want a ring out of the bargain bin hasn't really been a problem for any team for a while now. I don't completely understand the Arenas rule that @WiggyRuss mentioned either in this thread or another. But it sounds like they'd have to make a choice between Caruso and THT.

That would be a tough choice. Caruso is more proven and might be the most popular player on the team among fans, but THT looks like he has a higher ceiling.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dame to LA

I'm expecting at least a couple of Lakers beat writers to write convoluted articles about how they could make that work and some Lakers fans to start spouting off about it, just about any day now. :L

If Pelinka pulled that off...they should name the Executive of the Year trophy after him. Or put him in jail for grand larceny because that's about what it would take. lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this year's Danny Green shot as well from 3 with the Lakers, he might still be on the team. He's jumped from 36% to over 40% this year.

They could target someone like Jared Butler, Nah'Shon Hyland, Chris Duarte, etc in the draft.
Duarte to the lakers makes so much sense it’s ridiculous.

he’s already basically his peak age.

he can shoot and doesn’t need to create his own offense with bron around.

he’s a 3 and d role player who isn’t a child

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks could come hard at Lowry.

don’t forget the lakers can only use the small mle unless they don’t want to resign guys like Caruso and tht and bring in minimum guys to replace them.

it’s gonna be a tough offseason

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be worth it. Getting solid players who want a ring out of the bargain bin hasn't really been a problem for any team for a while now. I don't completely understand the Arenas rule that @WiggyRuss mentioned either in this thread or another. But it sounds like they'd have to make a choice between Caruso and THT.

That would be a tough choice. Caruso is more proven and might be the most popular player on the team among fans, but THT looks like he has a higher ceiling.

the arenas rule is very complicated but it does protect the lakers so they can match a poison pill.

tht may get the tyler Johnson contact offer

But if the lakers match they will probably blow last the apron and thus only have the small mle left

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the arenas rule is very complicated but it does protect the lakers so they can match a poison pill.

tht may get the tyler Johnson contact offer

But if the lakers match they will probably blow last the apron and thus only have the small mle left

Yeah, it sounds like it would be something of a gamble. If they let him go and keep the full mle, they would have more money to go after a better player, but it would suck if that player didn't work out and THT blossomed with another team.

But if they keep him, have less money to add someone and it turns out his ceiling wasn't that high after all....that would also suck.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it sounds like it would be something of a gamble. If they let him go and keep the full mle, they would have more money to go after a better player, but it would suck if that player didn't work out and THT blossomed with another team.

But if they keep him, have less money to add someone and it turns out his ceiling wasn't that high after all....that would also suck.

that’s the risk of acquiring guys short term and not getting their bird rights

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My exact thoughts for Golden State is outside of Cade perhaps their best fit is a guy like Mitchell. Detroit landed a guy like Bey who would be a great fit on a contender. Again..older guys more ready to play.

Personally I don't always understand the phenomenon with young guys. The older, more seasoned draftees play just as long if they hit. It's not like guards drafted at 20 play until they are 39.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My exact thoughts for Golden State is outside of Cade perhaps their best fit is a guy like Mitchell. Detroit landed a guy like Bey who would be a great fit on a contender. Again..older guys more ready to play.

Personally I don't always understand the phenomenon with young guys. The older, more seasoned draftees play just as long if they hit. It's not like guards drafted at 20 play until they are 39.

the biggest correlating factor of success for the NBA draft is draft age.

it’s obviously not determinative though

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im biased but I think few guys in the lotto have more upside than Bouknight, but there is some risk.

for GS I love Wagner.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im biased but I think few guys in the lotto have more upside than Bouknight, but there is some risk.

for GS I love Wagner.

If Wagner could put it together he'd be a good one. I have my doubts on his shooting but given his length and athleticism you would think he could have a role based on that for a decade

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wagner could put it together he'd be a good one. I have my doubts on his shooting but given his length and athleticism you would think he could have a role based on that for a decade

he shot almost 84% from the ft line.

I’ll take my chances.

bigger issue is the lack of ft attempts. Needs to get better going to the basket

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he shot almost 84% from the ft line.

I’ll take my chances.

bigger issue is the lack of ft attempts. Needs to get better going to the basket

He did seem to defer more than he should've. Love the free throw percentage some concern with his low 30s 3 rate.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duarte is a player I'd like us to get. He is expected to be there when we draft?