• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA's or trades the Los Angeles Lakers should pursue in the offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah thinking any of those guys would play for the MLE is delusional
Ive said that too many times and then saw teams pull it off and made me look dumb haha. I wouldn’t be shocked. You guys get some of that with Miami if we’re being fair.

Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive said that too many times and then saw teams pull it off and made me look dumb haha. I wouldn’t be shocked. You guys get some of that with Miami if we’re being fair.

it is just the age. Conley and DeRozan are not that all. As for Lowry, considering he already won a title and wanted 2/50 from anytime who acquired him during the trade deadline tells me he not settling for the MLE.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason why Lowry or Conley should consider the MLE. DeRozan is too good and young to settle for the MLE.

Lowry might depending on the situation if he really wants another ring or not. I could see him doing a MLE with the Lakers, Sixers, Clippers, etc to go for another ring.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no interest in DeRozan. His specializes in the midrange, and the Lakers need better spacing from their guards. The big issue with Schroder this season (for me) has been his 3 pt shooting (along with availability of course). They do have his bird rights, so the best option may be to keep him if they can find a reasonable salary level.

As mentioned by others, I don't think Lowry or Conley will be lured. Maybe Lowry if a rebuild in Toronto is underway, but he'll have other options as well. The Knicks are looking to overspend for example. Dinwiddie would be nice, but again he could stick with the loaded Nets roster, even if it means a much reduced role. Beyond those guys, most of the available players are reclamation projects, unlikely to move, or young and unproven (in the FA pool). Does Lou Williams want back maybe?

Trades could open things up, but who can the Lakers move? They may have to replace Harrell too, since he has a player option and lost a lot of minutes to rotations down the stretch. In reality, they could be starting over rebuilding around the core of LBJ, AD, KCP, Kuzma and Gasol. I would expect them to re-sign THT and Caruso, but that's still only half a roster.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry could be the best fit but Conley is right there. I think both are at the point in their career where it makes sense to take less to compete for a championship but MLE? I’m not so sure.

DeRozan would be a bad fit imo, I would steer clear

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry could be the best fit but Conley is right there. I think both are at the point in their career where it makes sense to take less to compete for a championship but MLE? I’m not so sure.

DeRozan would be a bad fit imo, I would steer clear.

Yeah, that's the thing. Lowry or Conley would be awesome. Agree that they may be at a point where they would look at taking less. The question is how much less and can the Lakers clear the cap space to get one of them and still maintain some sort of depth?

Agree about DeRozan. But their choices may end up coming down to DeRozan or overpay Schroder. My biggest issue with DeRozan is that he's basically the Eastern Conference version of Paul George...he's a regular season all star, but below average in the playoffs. He might even be worse than PG in the playoffs.

The Lakers would have to decide if they think DeRozan would perform better in the playoffs as a #3 than he did as #1 or #2. If they don't, then they may be better off overpaying Schroder.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason why Lowry or Conley should consider the MLE. DeRozan is too good and young to settle for the MLE.

I agree.

Lowry maybe because of his age.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goran Dragic on a 2 year deal.

He'd improve our outside shooting and would basically be a shooter and occasional ballhandler.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they were coming to Miami right?

To win, duh. And DeRozan is from the LA area.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is just the age. Conley and DeRozan are not that all. As for Lowry, considering he already won a title and wanted 2/50 from anytime who acquired him during the trade deadline tells me he not settling for the MLE.
Conley will be 34 once next season starts.....LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the thing. Lowry or Conley would be awesome. Agree that they may be at a point where they would look at taking less. The question is how much less and can the Lakers clear the cap space to get one of them and still maintain some sort of depth?

Agree about DeRozan. But their choices may end up coming down to DeRozan or overpay Schroder. My biggest issue with DeRozan is that he's basically the Eastern Conference version of Paul George...he's a regular season all star, but below average in the playoffs. He might even be worse than PG in the playoffs.

The Lakers would have to decide if they think DeRozan would perform better in the playoffs as a #3 than he did as #1 or #2. If they don't, then they may be better off overpaying Schroder.
DeRozan averages 22ppg, 5rpg and 4apg.

He'd be fine as the #3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley will be 34 once next season starts.....LOL.

He also just made all star game

Steph Curry is turning 34 during next season as well. 34 is no longer that old in the NBA. Good players such as Conley may try to get one more decent contract instead of settling for a MLE

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW You guys will probably end up with a half season of Oladipo...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeRozan averages 22ppg, 5rpg and 4apg.

He'd be fine as the #3.

DeRozan is gonna be an interesting player this summer. If he's your 3rd or 4th best option on a championship team, you're gonna be really fucking good. It's not quite the same, but it could be similar to how Andre Iguodala took a step back and assumed a role with the Warriors behind Curry/Klay/Draymond. But he's definitely not a 1. And if he's your #2, you're not getting out of the 2nd round. Problem is, he probably still wants to be paid like a top guy. I'm not sure he takes a paycut to where he'd be an option for a championship team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, he probably still wants to be paid like a top guy. I'm not sure he takes a paycut to where he'd be an option for a championship team.

Yep. Money matters a lot to these guys. He is turning 32 in the summer so if he can get one more good deal. Like a 4 year deal with opt out after year 2 or 3 then mission accomplished IMO

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Money matters a lot to these guys. He is turning 32 in the summer so if he can get one more good deal. Like a 4 year deal with opt out after year 2 or 3 then mission accomplished IMO

I think a team like NY gives him a deal like that. Breakout year for them, on the upswing with momentum, but still not really gonna get any big names to come there (Kawhi ain't going there). He could help them some and if there's an opt out there like you described, its actually good for both sides.