• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Every NBA Franchise’s All-Time Starting 5, Ranked

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top 5

5. Golden State Warriors: Stephen Curry-Klay Thompson-Rick Barry-Draymond Green-Wilt Chamberlain
5-Warriors.jpg

6th Man: Chris Mullin

The best offensive team in the current NBA also hosts the most explosive offense in our All-Time league. Curry, Thompson, Barry and Mullin are four of the greatest shooters the league has ever seen. Wilt is the most dominant scorer in league history. Green does all the dirty work, and forms an excellent big man passing duo with Chamberlain.

4. San Antonio Spurs: Tony Parker-George Gervin-Kawhi Leonard-Tim Duncan-David Robinson
4-Spurs.jpg

6th Man: Manu Ginobili

The All-Time Spurs team would be able to compete solely based on chemistry, but this team also possesses tremendous talent. Parker, Ginobili and Duncan have all played and won championships with Robinson and Kawhi. Add in one of the greatest scorers in NBA history in George Gervin, and you have a team that knows their roles and knows how to win as a unit. Kawhi can match up with any wing in the league, while Gervin can score on any defender thrown at him. Parker will be able to probe the lane, setting up easy baskets for himself as well as Duncan and Robinson. Ginobili thrives in the 6th Man role, and gives the team excellent spacing. The Spurs always have been, and more than likely always will be, a well-oiled machine.

3. Chicago Bulls: Derrick Rose-Michael Jordan-Scottie Pippen-Dennis Rodman-Artis Gilmore
3-Bulls.jpg

6th Man: Jimmy Butler

Rose, Jordan and Pippen would be enough to make the All-Time Bulls the most athletically gifted team in the league. In transition, no team would be able to stop either of the three pushing the ball down court and finding passing lanes for each other. Imagining Rose snatching a miss off the glass, pushing in transition, and finding Jordan or Pippen for a thunderous dunk on the break is downright frightening. Rodman and Gilmore would primarily be screeners and rebounders, while Butler would attempt to provide outside shooting for a team that desperately needs it. For a franchise that has six championships, the Bulls aren’t incredibly deep talent-wise, but when you have the Greatest of All Time, you don’t really have to be.

2. Boston Celtics: Dennis Johnson-John Havlicek-Larry Bird-Kevin McHale-Bill Russell
1-Celtics.jpg

6th Man: Paul Pierce

DJ gets the slight edge at the lead guard spot over Hall of Famer Bob Cousy based upon level of competition and available footage. The rest of the lineup is mostly chalk. The scoring and playmaking of Havlicek and Bird, coupled with McHale’s low-post ability, makes for a hard matchup against other teams that want to play small-ball. Bill Russell’s All-World paint protection and rebounding makes up for any lack of foot speed at the other spots. Paul Pierce makes the squad by a hair for his clutch shooting and on-ball defense. The All-Time Celtics are an elite team by any standard.

1. Los Angeles Lakers: Magic Johnson-Jerry West-Kobe Bryant-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar-Shaquille O’Neal
2-Lakers.jpg

6th Man: James Worthy

The Lakers have what seems like an unlimited supply of Hall of Famers to select from. Elgin Baylor, Michael Cooper, Pau Gasol, Gail Goodrich, Jamal Wilkes, George Mikan and other great players in NBA history are left off the most exclusive lineup in our All-Time league. Magic and Kobe is a perfect guard combo, matching each other’s intensity and leading the team in completely different ways. West is a dead-eye shooter who can fill the role of playmaker or spot-up shooter. In transition, Magic would have his choice of two of the best finishers in league history in Bryant and Worthy. Kareem and Shaq would be virtually unstoppable. They do occupy similar spots on the court, but Kareem’s range stretches outside the paint, and Shaq’s athleticism allows him to roam freely and quickly in the middle. The Lakers have tremendous star power along with elite size, speed, and skill, making them the odds on favorite to capture the All-Time title.

Lakers!!!!!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think Nance was better than Klay?
Truth be told not sure he is, but it's close I think. Nance could score and also played D as well as Klay. Different players (as well as different era) so tough to compare.

That, and been a little boring around here lately.

Last edited:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman is a Piston, no way in hell is he a Bull.

I actually think the Bulls are thin and should be lower on the list. D Rose was only good for a short amount of time. If you want to play the game that way, then guys like Grant Hill should be up there.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so I just noticed something really wrong with the Pistons....

Their lineup is: Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace and Ben Wallace.

I have no problems with 4 of the 5. But Chauncey Billups over Grant Hill is a downright crime.

Grant Hill was a MONSTER with the Pistons. The disrespect is real to put Billups (who was a really good player in his own right) on that squad above Grant Hill. Especially considering you already have Thomas and Dumars as locks.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems heavily weighted towards more recent players.. or maybe championships? For the Pistons, Ben Wallace > Bob Lanier is ridiculous and the guy doesn't even mention Dave Bing in his notes. Monroe over Clyde for the Knicks is wrong, too... or is this just this guy's notion of who would work best with the others ?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves at 17 seems really high to me.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems heavily weighted towards more recent players.. or maybe championships? For the Pistons, Ben Wallace > Bob Lanier is ridiculous and the guy doesn't even mention Dave Bing in his notes. Monroe over Clyde for the Knicks is wrong, too... or is this just this guy's notion of who would work best with the others ?

Definitely not who would work best because otherwise Shaq should be on the Magic with no fit with him and Kareem. If you look at the Lakers they have 3 guys (arguably 4 if you include later years Kobe) who did their most work in the paint. Then you have two ball dominant score first guards to pair with two of the most dominant big men scorers in NBA history. If you're looking at pure fit Gasol next to Shaq or Kareem work way better than Shaq and Kareem together.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodman is a Piston, no way in hell is he a Bull.

I actually think the Bulls are thin and should be lower on the list. D Rose was only good for a short amount of time. If you want to play the game that way, then guys like Grant Hill should be up there.
Got more rings with the Bulls though

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing about the Nets all time roster is that Kidd could be considered a Mav. I think he would call himself a Net if asked, but I'm not sure.

It's slim pickings after that. I knew we were bad, but I didn't realize we've been THAT bad... easily last place.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons start Big Ben and Sheed over Rodman and Lanier?

Not a chance Chauncey starts either. List is dumb.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna do mine without looking at theirs, though seems like a no-brainer....

Daugherty
Nance
Lebron
Kyrie
Price

Yes, Nance over Love. Nance is my all-time favorite Cavalier (but that isn't why he makes it).

I think the Cavs should be higher.

That's a monster team. There was a time when Price was near the best PG in the league.

Definitely higher than Orlando. A lot of flash, no substance.