• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Both Shaq and Dr. J have Karl Malone in their top 10 all-time… Are they really that off base?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who is ranking Rasheed Wallace over Allen Iverson has a screw loose, IMO.
The only way that would be possible is if you look just at their Pistons tenure, and I’m not even THAT biased.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people considered him the top - but many slights him because He never won a championship - since then like it was said - better players have pushed him out

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he is top 50 in technical fouls
Philly is a great basketball community. Got to see Rasheed Wallace play at the Conshohocken Fellowship house for the D’Onfrio tournament which was a kind of invitational basketball All Star tournament. Very fun. Got to see Alvin Williams who would go on to Villanova as well as another dude whose name escapes me that was the big man on the Alvin Williams Villanova teams. Jason something I want to say. Just a great basketball tradition in Philly. A few years later at the same tournament I got to see Kobe Bryant dominate Milt Wagner’s kid who went to Memphis. I think his name was Dijuan. He scored 100 points in a high school game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is a great basketball community. Got to see Rasheed Wallace play at the Conshohocken Fellowship house for the D’Onfrio tournament which was a kind of invitational basketball All Star tournament. Very fun. Got to see Alvin Williams who would go on to Villanova as well as another dude whose name escapes me that was the big man on the Alvin Williams Villanova teams. Jason something I want to say. Just a great basketball tradition in Philly. A few years later at the same tournament I got to see Kobe Bryant dominate Milt Wagner’s kid who went to Memphis. I think his name was Dijuan. He scored 100 points in a high school game.

DeJuan, yeah.

He had a pretty short run in the NBA where he was getting a lot of buckets.

Volume scorer though, took a lot of bad shots and didn’t defend, so he didn’t last.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeJuan, yeah.

He had a pretty short run in the NBA where he was getting a lot of buckets.

Volume scorer though, took a lot of bad shots and didn’t defend, so he didn’t last.
While you are right about Dejuan Sr’s early career troubles, the reason his career was very short is he got collitis.

His son DJ is the number 4 high school recruit this year. The Wagners will likely be the NBA’s first 3 generation family (finally)..... funny because there is another prominent NBA Wagner family at the moment.

I looked up every number 4 recruit from the last 25 years on Draftexpress, and Austin, the Baylor guy with the heart defect is the only one who didn’t make it and even he got “drafted”.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s just make this easy….

I have it Duncan.

Malone seems to have gotten the better of him in the Playoffs.

But, 4 of those wins was when Malone was with the Lakers.

He was hardly the catalyst for many of those.

He barely reached double figures 3 times 13, 13, 10.

…..and didn’t reach it at all the other three with 9,8 and 7.

View attachment 336456View attachment 336457View attachment 336458View attachment 336459

Those are close enough that I'm fine with anyone picking either one. Some of Duncan's advantages were really team stats (rings, finals appearances, etc), but he does have the defensive edge (at least partially due to length).

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jordan
2. Lebron
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Duncan
8. Shaq
9. Kobe
10. Hakeem

Next in: Curry, Durant, Oscar, West and Dr. J.

Honestly the 5-9 spots all change for me based on how I'm feeling a particular day, lol.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl Malone is top 20 for me. But not near the top 10. I think you can reasonably argue that Charles Barkley was a better player than Malone too.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Allen Inversion should be in everyone's top 10.

The NBA if anything is a collection of the biggest Physical freaks in the world. You don't realize it until you see one of them in person.
And yet Allen Iverson is just 6 feet tall and 165 pounds soaking weight.

He was basically a human playing against aliens from another planet.

He is 7th all time career scoring average
2nd only to MJ in Playoff scoring average

28th all time scoring and nobody in the top 30 has only played 914 games.

It's not just what he did but who he did it against ..it's was not David against Goliath, but David against 5 Goliaths every game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NBA if anything is a collection of the biggest Physical freaks in the world. You don't realize it until you see one of them in person.

It's not just what he did but who he did it against ..it's was not David against Goliath, but David against 5 Goliaths every game.

No he shouldn’t.

Awesome player. Super fun to watch in part because of his size.

Does not have the resume for top 10. At that point you are looking at guys like Bird and Kobe.

And sorry, but AI just isn’t on that level.

And it isn’t particularly close.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can get behind the spirit of your post. But would amend it and talk about most entertaining or some sort of pound for pound metric to account for his size. I don’t think he belongs in that all time top 10 where you stand vs others in a comprehensive analysis. He has no rings in a sport where rings matter. We can dance around on who is to blame for that. I’m equal parts Sixers mismanagement coupled with A.I.’s own immaturity (AI owns this now as an old head) in being unable to assimilate to help that was provided him. In the end, he was a joy to watch. But didn’t make other guys “better”. I think most guys in your top ten have pieces around them you can say the top ten player elevated. Can’t say that for AI.

And I love the man. One of the most enjoyable athletes I’ve ever seen.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get behind the spirit of your post. But would amend it and talk about most entertaining or some sort of pound for pound metric to account for his size. I don’t think he belongs in that all time top 10 where you stand vs others in a comprehensive analysis. He has no rings in a sport where rings matter. We can dance around on who is to blame for that. I’m equal parts Sixers mismanagement coupled with A.I.’s own immaturity (AI owns this now as an old head) in being unable to assimilate to help that was provided him. In the end, he was a joy to watch. But didn’t make other guys “better”. I think most guys in your top ten have pieces around them you can say the top ten player elevated. Can’t say that for AI.

And I love the man. One of the most enjoyable athletes I’ve ever seen.
Yea, to be honest, my post was supposed to more in sprit that an actual argument.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.. He had to deal with MJ in finals. No one after had to LOL

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Malone.. Again Duncan didn't deal with MJ. Michael would have tore him a new arsehole